Quote Originally Posted by Vathdar View Post
    I read up on it and from what I understand, it basicly allows anyone to create instanced quests and dungeons?
    Pretty much. You don't get to choose rewards and you don't get to fully script encounters or anything, but it does give you one of the biggest toolsets of any MMO in terms of content creation.

I highly recommend hopping in a few of the high rated foundry missions and running through them. They give a pretty good example of what the system is capable of.

Deleted
    Aha, sounds pretty nice, thanks.

I'm liking the new direction MMO's are taking nowadays, mixing sandbox and themepark.
    Adding a toolset like this to an MMO realy seems like a no brainer way of keeping people interested and having things to do, since the full population of an MMO can definetly churn out content faster than a limited number of developers.

I decided to give this game a go a couple of days ago and am really enjoying it so far. The graphics aren't the best but they suffice for an MMO in my opinion. I love how smooth the questing goes, it doesn't feel like a drag at all. Hopefully there are no dailies ;-). I tried some PvP as well and liked it as well. I am wondering if there are more forms of it coming out; so far all I have seen is domination-style maps. I read a few comments here about the unbalance currently. I guess that is to be expected in a beta-stage game to be fair. I suppose their biggest focus at the current stage of open beta is making sure everything runs smooth with the amount of players starting to come in. There aren't many mmo's I played which had balanced PvP from the start on up. I guess it's one of the hardest thing to do anyway; take a look how WoW struggles with pvp balance for instance.
    Looking forward to see how this game fares when the official release kicks in!

Deleted
    Thinking of maybe trying this one up one of these days. Just a more "techie" question: can anyone with a 5.1 or 7.1 sound system tell me if the game can output surround sound (5.1 or 7.1) ?

Quote Originally Posted by Caylis View Post
    I lol'd at this... Easily fixed? Someone should tell blizzard.

OT: Love the look of the game, have played a control wizard (mage? forget which) and loved the effect from the icebeam. Going to try a melee class next to see how that goes. But this is game is a defo must play for me. I just hope they get the pvp to feel even remotely as good as swtors was (probably still is awesome but haven;t touched it in a while)
    well, not fixed.

but, just made so that some classes aren't completely useless

eh, doesn't matter. all mmo pvp is bad.

What your impression so far I'm on the fence about trying this game?

Quote Originally Posted by Shennanigans View Post
    What your impression so far I'm on the fence about trying this game?
    If you enjoy the journey and not the end-game, Neverwinter is fantastic.

There are things to at max level, but they're fairly shallow and not fleshed out very well. This may be due to it still being in beta, but from past experiences the content that's in game is what will still be in game come the live version.

If anyone wants, I can make a post detailing exactly what there is available at 60 and how to obtain it (such as how the gear vendors work), but it could be pretty lengthy and I don't want to bother if no-one's interested.

Deleted
    Being a old D&D PnP player (since the late 80s), having played most if not all of the Forgotten Realms PC games, and read a metric F-ton of Forgotten Realms books, and having played Forgotten Realms D&D PnP like hundreds of times, I can't but say I'm pleasantly surprised and hooked in this game.

Sure, one has to ignore the biggest thing which destroys a game like this; the players, but if you ignore players, the game itself is for me at least just awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    The hell? All my characters are out of the MMO-C neverwinter guild. Did something happen?
    That's an odd bug...I haven't been on in the evenings the past few nights (my husband doesn't play Neverwinter and has been hijacking me into playing WoW with him instead while he took a few days off from work), but if the bug actually did result in your characters being removed from the guild message me or anyone else in there to get invited back. I definitely didn't/won't kick anyone for no reason, I'm not like that. :P

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    Ok I'm done with this game until they nerf the shit out of TR's and CW's. Their way too damn powerful in PvP. The PvP balance in this game is a big joke, it's like unreal. Are the devs really this stupid? Or do they not have time to balance classes?

I'm going to submit feedback to them everyday reminding them of how unbalanced PvP is, and how there's like no reason to play anything other than a TR, CW, or a cleric in this PvP and also the billion other problems I got with this game.

I'm glad there's a lot of people enjoying this game, more power to them, no one has the right to tell you not play a game you enjoy. But I can't stand playing this atm.
    It's completely unbalanced right now. The higher level you get, the worse it gets. It was part of the reason I swapped from cleric to CW, but honestly there are worse issues with the PvP right now. The only PvP is 5v5 and you rarely end up with a full team of 5. Either 1-2 people on your team go AFK or they disconnect or leave, and the queue system doesn't replace them or even give you an option to report them AFK so you're not playing with a full team. Only after that can you add in the fact that it doesn't balance the teams at all so one team will end up with three TR and no CW and a cleric while the other team ends up with three CW...then the cleric on the TR team ends up getting focused and locked down because CWs are so powerful and the TR can't keep them off the cleric. Then there's the fact that clerics need a CW on their own team to babysit them or they'll be 100-0 very, VERY easily by a single CW on the other team.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post
    This is the feedback forum for Neverwinter:
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/for...1-Bugs-Reports

It's not just a bug report forum, people give feedback on the beta there too. If there is something you don't like about the game (ie. everyone having the ability to roll need on items, the cost of items in game, etc)...the forum is there for a reason.
    As I posted a few pages back, for anyone who has feedback, that is the place to put it. PW can't change things if they don't know what to change in the first place. It's technically still beta, they DO want feedback on what to change.

For the time being, I'm sticking with just doing the daily quest PvP match in NWO and playing WoW for my PvP needs.

Yeah I'm still in the guild, just the guild panel is broken. I guess I just have to wait for a fix.

If I play this game again it's going to be with my TR only. I'm not wasting my time with my GF or GWF no matter how fun they are in PVE.

http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Profession
    Level 1 0 xp Hire first craftsmen to reach Level 1
    Level 2 100 xp
    Level 3 300 xp Gain ability to hire additional craftsmen
    Level 4 600 xp
    Level 5 900 xp
    Level 6 1200 xp
    Level 7 1800 xp Gain ability to hire rank 2 craftsmen
    Level 8 2400 xp
    Level 9 3600 xp
    Level 10 4800 xp
    Level 11 7200 xp
    Level 12 9600 xp
    Level 13 14400 xp
    Level 14 19200 xp Ability to turn 4 rank 2 commons into 1 rank 3 common
    Level 15 28800 xp Ability to turn 4 uncommon craftsmen into 1 rare craftsman
    Level 16 38400 xp
    Level 17 57600 xp
    Level 18 76800 xp Ability to turn 4 rare craftsmen into 1 very rare craftsman
    Very important.
    Rank 1 crafters are shit and always will be shit. Rank 2 crafters that you can make at level 7 can be fused to make better crafters.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post

Very important.
    Rank 1 crafters are shit and always will be shit. Rank 2 crafters that you can make at level 7 can be fused to make better crafters.
    The rank 2 crafters require four rank 1 crafters to hire. Each crafter takes 18 hours to hire, so it can take a few days to unlock extra crafters.

Anything a low lever crafter can do, a high level one can also do. I think the rank 3 crafters speed up how long it takes to do something, but rank 2 ones only offer a 5% speed bonus which is just the same as the rank 1 crafters.

Deleted
    I wonder what that 'coming soon' class is.

10+ Year Old Account

Very important.
    What about the crafters and the crafters' families...do they get a say in being fused? The whole notion sounds horrible evil.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    What about the crafters and the crafters' families...do they get a say in being fused? The whole notion sounds horrible evil.
    Pfft. I've been saying this since the dawn of professions in MMOs: Crafters aren't real people.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbane View Post
    I wonder what that 'coming soon' class is.
    Ranger and Warlock are next.

I want a Druid.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockeye View Post
    Ranger and Warlock are next.

I want a Druid.
    4e druid sounds interesting.

The Druid was introduced to Fourth Edition with Player's Handbook 2. The newest incarnation of the class has the Primal power source and the Controller role. They are proficient in simple weapons and light armor, use staves and totems as implements, generally use Wisdom for power attack and damage rolls and, like all primal classes, their powers are called evocations.
    Unlike most classes, druids know a third at-will attack power, however they must have at least one and at most two at-will attack powers with the "Beast Form" keyword. Each of the two Druid builds presented in the Player's Handbook 2 emphasizes one of the class's two secondary roles. Guardian druids lean towards the Leader role, focus on Constitution and ranged evocations, and take the "Primal Guardian" class feature, which allows them to use their Constitution bonus in place of their Dexterity or Intelligence bonus when determining AC while wearing light armour, as well as giving some druid evocations additional effects, many of which are based on Constitution. Predator druids lean towards the Striker role, focus on Dexterity and melee and short range evocations, and take the "Primal Predator" class feature, which makes them more mobile while wearing light armor, as well as giving some druid evocations additional effects, many of which are based on Dexterity.
    All druids also have "Wild Shape", an at-will power which allows them to switch between their natural and beast forms. While in beast form, they cannot use weapons, and cannot use weapon or implement attack powers without the "Beast Form" keyword. Like clerics and wizards, druids gain Ritual Caster as a bonus feat.

Deleted
    I want Barbarians.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbane View Post
    I want Barbarians.
    I want Bardarians
    (skald)

Deleted
    I want Bardarians
    (skald)
    Add those too! We're in the Savage North aren't we?! And besides, you can already put your background as being a Northlander from the Moonshae Isles. BADASS.