Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    was blizzard trying to be casual and fail then or was it their design for mop to be less casual from the beginning?
    They tried to make it less casual friendly from the beginning. They did this because they fail at identifying Cata's problems. They blame tabards and such stupid things instead of bad tuning, bad lore, little content and low quality of the little content they made

Deleted
    I hope the next expansion brings back the mystery and hostility. Burning Crusade and Wrath were both stationed on hostile ground, with rough terrain, unknown species, and it had something more mysterious than the things seen in Cataclysm and Mists. You went on a quest to beat the enemy on it's own turf, now it's limited to Durotar/the Barrens and the Isle of Thunder (And the Dread Wastes to some extend), and the latter only included minor factions of a greater race.
    Last edited by mmoc9d64d1cc31; 2013-05-11 at 05:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    In some ways yes, in some ways no.

Really, what MoP is, is not alt-friendly. Being an altoholic this bugs me a lot, but it's definitely casual friendly. You can do virtually anything in the game at a basic level without playing the game hardcore (ex: LFraid vs progression raiding).
    No it's not casual friendly either. being not alt friendly is a symptom of also not being casual friendly. Casuals would have on main because that's all they have time to afford to commit to. They are casuals. Everybody else would have all sortrs of allts because they got done on one toon and by and large would want to lvl another to have something to do. The very fact that alts are unfriendly is BECAUSE it isn't casual friendly and takes to long to get ANYTHING DONE on one toon.

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    In some ways yes, in some ways no.

Really, what MoP is, is not alt-friendly. Being an altoholic this bugs me a lot, but it's definitely casual friendly. You can do virtually anything in the game at a basic level without playing the game hardcore (ex: LFraid vs progression raiding).
    No its not. The only casual friendly stuff in MoP is dungeons, which they wont make any more so are irrelevant and LFR. The rest of the expansion is based on long grinds, and very difficult stuff.

Its very far from being casual friendly

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    was blizzard trying to be casual and fail then or was it their design for mop to be less casual from the beginning?
    Cata was actually very casual friendly, so long as you didn't run ZA/ZG. MoP you're forced to grind for months to gear up just to start raiding.

Progressively increasing raid iLevels is the ultimate anti-casual move Blizz can make. We all do remember when only 5 guilds killed Kil'jaedan, right?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    MoP you're forced to grind for months to gear up just to start raiding.
    That's an exaggeration, if you mean getting into LFR.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    No its not. The only casual friendly stuff in MoP is dungeons, which they wont make any more so are irrelevant and LFR. The rest of the expansion is based on long grinds, and very difficult stuff.

Its very far from being casual friendly
    Christ i didn't even put those two together. Yea I mean under this paradigm I entirely agree with the developers get rid of them well then their is just another huge hole to fill and it just results in players getting sucked into lfr for their fix. And then they get into lfr, are subject to ATTROCIOUS rng and then can't get any reward for their time invested.

Man are these developers consciously assholes or are they blindly stumbling along thinking their doing the right thing?

Honestly the next xpac can go either way, I don't know if I will be around for it though. Blizz kinda lost me during this xpac :/

Or it could be chocked full of new features like pet battles and scenarios. In other words, things that do not interest me. So it might even be worse than MoP. I'm hoping for something groundbreaking, a real shake up. But I doubt it.

Deleted
    i guess anything's possible, i heard one guy open the red sea 3 thousands years ago...
    You called? (My real life name is actually Moses)

Deleted
    It could go either way. Not saying MoP is a terrible expansion, but after killing bunnies and feeding birds with pandas a lot of things will seem awesome though.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozez View Post
    yeah, i believe wow is in need of a miracle right now.

Deleted
    I think it'll have to be amazing to bring people back. The game is like 50 years old, it's not going to be big much longer without some sort of miracle-grow.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mascotte View Post
    Based on what reasoning?
    WoW is having its 9th birthday this year.
    We wont see an xpac released this year so at the very least it'll be spring 2014, roughly 8months from now.
    Its more then possible WoW will be below 6mil subs at that point; no xpac thus no infusion of returning players.
    Garrosh alone doesn't have the same appeal to cause the same effect so 6mil seems a pretty fair guess.
    You could hold of releasing the big bad super villain for eternity but at what point do you release it tho?

After TBC people said; nah its way to early!
    This was 6 years ago, wow had roughly 15mil subs.
    Then Wrath wrapped up, 4 years ago.
    WoW was slowly losing subs but still had a healthy 11-12mil.
    Deathwing died, finished around half a year ago.
    Subnumbers in the high 9/low10 mil.
    6 months of MoP, down to 8mil subs.
    If this pattern goes on you'll have 4mil subs before 'its time' for a Sargeras xpac.
    Would kind of fit, we could say that was the number of adventurers willing to stand up for their people. As time went by, the different villans killed them, only some pushed on. By the time you reach Sargeras only 1/3 of the biggest number of adventurers will be left, rest lay dead. It fits lorewise

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    Would kind of fit, we could say that was the number of adventurers willing to stand up for their people. As time went by, the different villans killed them, only some pushed on. By the time you reach Sargeras only 1/3 of the biggest number of adventurers will be left, rest lay dead. It fits lorewise
    I still think the Theme is the reason why people are leaving.
    Tons of people dislike Mists of Pandaria on first sight.

Let's hope the subs will ever go up again. WoW doesn't deserve to 'die' this way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

I think that most people, including myself, have a hatred and fear of underwater zones because Vashjir was very inefficient to level in. It just took more effort and time to level there instead of Hyjal.

If Vashjir was actually a bit faster than Hyjal people might have thought it was one of the few positive aspects of Cata. Even though I only did the quests once in that zone, I still think it is one of the more interesting and inspired zones post BC.

If blizzard wants to do a water themed expansion they can, I mean just look at the expansion we have now..

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    I still think the Theme is the reason why people are leaving.
    Tons of people dislike Mists of Pandaria on first sight.

Let's hope the subs will ever go up again. WoW doesn't deserve to 'die' this way.
    I seriously doubt people are leaving because they don't like Asian themes. Pandaria is beautiful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    I seriously doubt people are leaving because they don't like Asian themes. Pandaria is beautiful.
    There a tons of people who dislike something because of a theme.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Mozez View Post
    Everyone knows that was Charlton Heston, not actually Moses.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    Hmm, apart from the Chinese? I guess they didn't appreciate Blizzard's representation of their culture.

I think that the next expansion will be great, however i thought cata would be great (and it wasnt for me) and that mists would be great (and so far it has been for me). We know that Blizz is capable of creating amazing content because we have seen it before and it is that hope that drives us to think that the next expansion will be great. However, people look for different things in an expac and what I think is great, others might think is crap. It is impossible for Blizz to please everyone.