Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    i am from the UAE, and i want to elaborate on few things :

- nowhere in the article does it say that the rapist was 1) muslim 2)emirate citizen
    - in the article there are no details regarding the crime, the only thing mentioned is that "he next thing she remembers is waking up at 4:30 p.m.", you can not judge on this kind of evidence.
    - sex outside of marriage is punishable by law, don't like it = don't do it OR don't go to the country (evidence of rape was not presented in the article)
    - signed an arabic statement without asking what it meant, i call bullshit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mandus View Post
    i am from the UAE, and i want to elaborate on few things :

- nowhere in the article does it say that the rapist was 1) muslim 2)emirate citizen
    - in the article there are no details regarding the crime, the only thing mentioned is that "he next thing she remembers is waking up at 4:30 p.m.", you can not judge on this kind of evidence.
    - sex outside of marriage is punishable by law, don't like it = don't do it OR don't go to the country (evidence of rape was not presented in the article)
    - signed an arabic statement without asking what it meant, i call bullshit.
    Denial, it´s not a river in Egypt

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3263593.html

http://freethinker.co.uk/2013/05/13/...as-gang-raped/

The case of an 18 year old having to plead to be able to retract charges of gang rape to avoid prison
    http://www.realcourage.org/2010/06/u...r-rape-victim/

Many women don´t even dare to report rape in the UAE, here is 1 reason

"under the UAE’s strict sharia laws, if the perpetrator does not confess, a rape cannot be proved without the testimony of four adult Muslim male witnesses."

Sounds like it´s just a peachy place to be for women.
    Last edited by mmoc3eb006e951; 2013-05-14 at 12:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bantokar View Post
    Denial, it´s not a river in Egypt
    i merely stated the facts, people jumped on the "all muslims are rapists" bandwagon.

i merely stated the facts, people jumped on the "all muslims are rapists" bandwagon.
    Ehm... No; I don't think that bandwagon has started. But it certainly doesn't help that you're pouring fresh fuel into it's tanks with this particular comment.

15+ Year Old Account
    Before you defend your view in that manner you might want to point us to where a large ammount of posters in this thread ever claimed there were a muslim rapist bandwagon.

Frankly, what you wrote pissed me off as I'm sure you would get pissed IF people in this thread came crashing in saying UAE (muslims) are all rapist, agree?

A lot of the controls put on women have been taken to extremes.

To give you an example, it is believed (and I think this is true also) that in years gone by, when raiding parties would travel the globe, taking and stealing what they want, including women, that society felt they needed to do more to ensure women were not seen, and thusly put at risk.

It was a mutually exclusive deal. The women must cover herself in front of men, to stop any temptation, and at home, she is free to dress as she wishes. These days though, that has been taken totally out of context, and had religious views stamped all over it.

Sadly, this isn't restricted purely just to Middle-Eastern Societies, but it is more prevalent due to the media coverage. Over here, we allow women to dress as they please, and rape cases are higher here, then they are in the Middle East. Now, I'm not saying they've got a good system, but merely pointing out, they had an old system (and I am talking, hundreds, if not thousands of years by the way) that ensured that both Men & Women were safe and could lead happy lives.

its funny how people think she was punished coz she was a woman, even if a man was caught drunk in public he will go to jail.
    " In a Society like this table, a state of equilibrium, once one makes the first move, everyone must follow! In every era, this World has been operating by this napkin principle. And the one who ‘takes the napkin first’ must be someone who is respected by all. It’s not that anyone can fulfill this role… Those that are despotic or unworthy will be scorned. And those are the ‘losers"

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Before you defend your view in that manner you might want to point us to where a large ammount of posters in this thread ever claimed there were a muslim rapist bandwagon.

Frankly, what you wrote pissed me off as I'm sure you would get pissed IF people in this thread came crashing in saying UAE (muslims) are all rapist, agree?
    Quote Originally Posted by DEATHETERNAL View Post
    Lesson 1: Don't go to Islamic nations for your own protection.
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Nothing really surprises me about rape cases anymore...especially when it comes to parts of Africa and the Middle East.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    Nothing can change the arab world. They're flawed. I do not associate with men from there at all as it is. They've got a really fucked up view on women.

and this is just the first page.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    A lot of the controls put on women have been taken to extremes.

To give you an example, it is believed (and I think this is true also) that in years gone by, when raiding parties would travel the globe, taking and stealing what they want, including women, that society felt they needed to do more to ensure women were not seen, and thusly put at risk.

It was a mutually exclusive deal. The women must cover herself in front of men, to stop any temptation, and at home, she is free to dress as she wishes. These days though, that has been taken totally out of context, and had religious views stamped all over it.

Sadly, this isn't restricted purely just to Middle-Eastern Societies, but it is more prevalent due to the media coverage. Over here, we allow women to dress as they please, and rape cases are higher here, then they are in the Middle East. Now, I'm not saying they've got a good system, but merely pointing out, they had an old system (and I am talking, hundreds, if not thousands of years by the way) that ensured that both Men & Women were safe and could lead happy lives.
    Alot of rapes, happening in Norway and other European countries, are many times Middle eastern'ers. And i'm not trying to be racist here, i'm simply stating the facts.

15+ Year Old Account
    And???

You claimed there was a rapist bandwagon.
    What those posters as myself has claimed is that rape in UAE is not treated to our or the UN standards.
    They and myself never claimed male muslims are all rapists, which is WHAT you claimed we did.

I'll treat the last post you cited later on; in order, so to speak.
    The other two posts you link from the first page don't go there.
    The first one, from DE, is simply true: Don't go to Islamic countries (and Christian countries in much of Africa) for your own protection. I'm sorry to say, but if you're from a secular country, then going to any theocracy is a really bad idea... You can be caught for just about anything, apparently, and punishment is incredibly severe (compared to what we have here). Islamic countries (and Christian countries in much of Africa) in particular have very severe anti-women rules and regulations that are globally despised by secular countries. Don't like it? Well; don't take it out on us...

The second is about 'rape cases.' Not about rape itself, but their cases. And it's true that in many, if not most, Middle East and African countries, BEING raped as a woman is a CRIMINAL OFFENSE. Don't like it? Well; that's not our fault, now is it?

Now that we've had both of those posts and dealt with them, Tiili's post does seem to make sense a bit. It does follow that people who are from an area where women are seen, by law, as inferior, where women are treated as second rate citizens at best, people in general have wonky views on women. It's a pretty logical deduction. Don't like it? Again, that is not our fault.

None of that was an anti-Muslim bandwagon.
    Last edited by Stir; 2013-05-14 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Panszer View Post
    Alot of rapes, happening in Norway and other European countries, are many times Middle eastern'ers. And i'm not trying to be racist here, i'm simply stating the facts.
    Taking men from an environment where women are covered 90% of the time, are taught to be reserved and restrained, and then throwing them into a country where women are free to walk around in sexy lingerie, it is bound to happen.

I'm not making excuses for them! Personally, rapists would be castrated, and deported if they're an immigrant, but these things happen when you've got two extremes of society mixing.

Well i personally despise everything related to religion, and i see it as a major evil in this world, so stuff like this does not surpise me at all. Their law is built upon an old mentality that men are better than women even tho science can prove that they are different, but not inequal. In my opinion, they should update their laws. Being punished for sex out of marriage or getting thrown in jail for 8 months is just fucked up in every aspect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    Well i personally despise everything related to religion, and i see it as a major evil in this world, so stuff like this does not surpise me at all. Their law is built upon an old mentality that men are better than women even tho science can prove that they are different, but not inequal. In my opinion, they should update their laws. Being punished for sex out of marriage or getting thrown in jail for 8 months is just fucked up in every aspect.
    I have to agree with you, on your religious standpoint. I despise religion, i think its the root too all evil. BUT i respect peoples religion.

This is some real bullshit, these are the kind of countries we actually trade and socialize with on "normal" diplomatic levels. Saudi Arabia is another example where we look the other way.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    Well i personally despise everything related to religion, and i see it as a major evil in this world
    Your attitude is more poisonous then religion itself. Extreme societies are becoming more popular on both sides, making each go to further and further extremes. I know many religious, spiritual and atheist individuals who are all down to earth, simple and not extreme.

Hating a religion for what is has done, the crimes and horrors is one thing, but to despise the average person is taking it a little far.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, but their governments tend to be shitty for human rights.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    Whilst what happened to her is inexcusable, She broke the golden rule when dealing with any documentation in a foreign country, which is to make sure you can understand it, if you cannot understand it due to it being in a foreign language, or worded in a way your not happy with then you get a lawyer / speak to your consulate.

NEVER under any circumstance sign a blank document, or something in a language you don't understand you leave yourself open to any number of problems as she found out.
    The UAE Police are deplorable in handling situations like this and often tell foreigners that they will be killed if they do not sign papers that they don't understand, it makes them easier to process and prosecute them without interference from consulates. I've seen how this shit goes down first hand. It's disgusting.

So don't blame her or anyone else who does so, they do it under extreme duress to the arrested party.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post
    This is some real bullshit, these are the kind of countries we actually trade and socialize with on "normal" diplomatic levels. Saudi Arabia is another example where we look the other way.
    The UAE is vital to the economy of most of the United States & Europe. The Middle-East is a very different world, many won't deal with westerners, so you need people who've got a good balance between Western & Middle-Eastern Society. This is what the UAE has done very successfully, but in order to do that, they must co-operate with both sides of the table.

You ask them to start being more Western, they'll lose touch with the Middle-Eastern Businesses, and I dread to think of how many Billions would be lost because of it, and the deals go to China or Russia.

15+ Year Old Account
    To be safe, stay out of third world contries
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s