Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    A Legendary that cannot be seen or shown is a lame legendary.
    A legendary that every 1 will have its not a legendary aswell

Quote Originally Posted by carlosanjos View Post
    Zing :P

A trinket wouldn't be so far fetched. They could have it do some ridiculous proc that turned you into a trex riding a shark with laser beams, or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    right, they should only be granted to players that get the world first kill... Legendary is just a title that means it's stronger than epic ones... it doesn't mean it should be ultra rare and unobtainable by every1.

The legendary of this expansion requires a lot of dedication and time to get it.

Anyone who puts in the effort, should be rewarded. It doesn't matter the number of people getting it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coleslaw View Post
    The legendary of this expansion requires a lot of dedication and time to get it.

Anyone who puts in the effort, should be rewarded. It doesn't matter the number of people getting it.
    You can get 90% of the legendary questline done by afk'ing in lfr. How is that effort or dedication?

You're assuming people would actually afk for the questline itself, and not the gear from lfr.

I personally believe those who are striving to complete the quest line would not afk. It's a heroic quest, and heroes don't play like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Conjor View Post
    You can get 90% of the legendary questline done by afk'ing in lfr. How is that effort or dedication?
    you have to reach exalted with wrathion and that is more boring than crafting 100 shadowmournes/dragonwraths and farming 1000 warglaives.

If everybody actually went afk in LFR as frequently as some doomsayers say they do, no LFR would ever get completed. 25 people turning on autoattack and then leaving to watch a movie will not result in a dead boss...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    right, they should only be granted to players that get the world first kill... Legendary is just a title that means it's stronger than epic ones... it doesn't mean it should be ultra rare and unobtainable by every1.
    I didnt said only the world firsts should have legendarys... but rewarding a player that afk's in LFR day in and day out with the same item that those who actually make an extra effort in getting it, doesnt sound that legendary to me....If you believe the definition of legendary is based on ilvl, well thats your pov. I believe legendary means abit more than that.

Legendary doesn't mean "rare". Just that it is part of or deserving of a legend.

More then half of the quests are not related to raiding activities at all. You can't even half-finish it by afk'ing.
    Quote Originally Posted by uopayroll View Post
    If everybody actually went afk in LFR as frequently as some doomsayers say they do, no LFR would ever get completed. 25 people turning on autoattack and then leaving to watch a movie will not result in a dead boss...
    If people were afking as much as claimed, LFRs would end at the same point they start because everybody timed out.
    Last edited by huth; 2013-06-18 at 02:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    strawman argument.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hitandruntactic View Post
    The Scourge was just a frankenstein really and was crushed at the height of its power. Should serve as another massive failing because in the end, the goals they wanted from its creation were not met, and instead it became an opposing force the Legion ultimately wanted destroyed. If anything, the Legion is weaker now than it ever was, weaker than it was during the War of the Ancients when they inflicted the most damage, weaker than in the Third War where they were contained and beaten, and probably weaker than they were in the Burning Crusade, which ended with KJ being flushed down the Sunwell like a turd in a toilet. /yawn at Legion.
    we have no idea how strong or weak the legion is atm... for all we know they are stronger than ever and we are fucked if they attack... if they found a way to transport every single being under their control to azeroth we'd be fucked in like a few minutes... you think we faced the full might of the legion at any point in warcraft's history? It's been only a small fraction every single time... they have hundreds if not thousands of worlds under their control... the only reason they failed at conquering azeroth is because we stopped them before they managed to get every1 here... also we had major help from stuff like ancients and "gods" and immortlas and shit... maybe even old gods helped because it would've been bad for them if the legion won.

Deleted
    I don't mind every class getting a legendary.. it is cool that i don't have to wait my expansion to get a legendary, but a legendary till now has always been rare.. it has always been some what harder to get then the ones we are getting now.. and the more easy the game becomes, the more boring it becomes, and i don't like boring :|

Those are really nice looking cloaks!

10+ Year Old Account
    I didnt said only the world firsts should have legendarys... but rewarding a player that afk's in LFR day in and day out with the same item that those who actually make an extra effort in getting it, doesnt sound that legendary to me....If you believe the definition of legendary is based on ilvl, well thats your pov. I believe legendary means abit more than that.
    yes ... it isn't obtained from some random boss and it's usually crafted(at least lately) and you can't do all the chain by only doing lfr... but yeah keep saying that it requires no effort... if anything this requires 1000 times more effort than warglaives because it doesn't rely on RNG that much and tbh no legendary ever should rely on RNG...

Deleted
    So I shouldn't be able to complete this quest line because I am using LFR to complete it (for numerous reasons)? The people working towards this have put in more effort than a good number who stumbled into dual wielding Warglaives, have set aside a greater portion of their time and committed it to WoW than those who finished off Val'anyr or Shadowmourne and thankfully Blizzard realised that locking interesting storylines to certain players picked out as favourites by their GMs was a bad idea.

On topic: if the legendary is a cloak I am going to be severely disappointed. I don't think I have ever shown a cloak on my character since I started playing at the beginning of TBC. Still holding out for a mix of weapons such as those granted from the battered hilt questline only better looking and orange.
    Last edited by mmoc695f354894; 2013-06-18 at 02:32 PM.

Lets see, the time it takes to complete this quest not including the rep farm....

Stage 1: 2-6 weeks (RNG)
    Stage 2: 3 weeks (used to be 6)
    Stage 3: 3-8 weeks (RNG)
    Stage 4: 2-7 weeks (RNG)
    Stage 5: One day

So lets see, without counting the rep farms, and assuming you are the luckiest person in WoW, thats about 10 weeks of farming BARE MINIMUM. In fact, being unlucky can take over double that time. Just to hit the 5.3 part.

Tell me, what is more legendary, and item you work all the expansion for, or an item you guild assigns you as next in line to receive and you will get it in 4 weeks?

Also, dunno about you, but I never entered a LFR where everyone and there pets were afk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by diviner View Post
    I don't mind every class getting a legendary.. it is cool that i don't have to wait my expansion to get a legendary, but a legendary till now has always been rare.. it has always been some what harder to get then the ones we are getting now.. and the more easy the game becomes, the more boring it becomes, and i don't like boring :|
    it was always fucking easy to get... what did u have to do for warglaives? Kill illidan and pray to the RNG god... uuu soooo hard... what did u have to do for Shadowmourne? kill all bosses in icc and pray to the RNG god... every single legendary so far has been easy(as in the stuff u had to do weren't hard) to get if you really wanted it... the only thing that made some of them rare is RNG... and RNG should die in the flames of hell. I'd rather have a quest chain that lasts through the whole expansion and have a guaranteed legendary at the end(u know 12-16 months later) than farm some shit item for 6 years and still not have it beacuse RNG hates you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    yes ... it isn't obtained from some random boss and it's usually crafted(at least lately) and you can't do all the chain by only doing lfr... but yeah keep saying that it requires no effort... if anything this requires 1000 times more effort than warglaives because it doesn't rely on RNG that much and tbh no legendary ever should rely on RNG...
    its still based on RNG.... you need rune stones and secrets and w/e to drop.... sure you need to win 2 bg's and do some killing out side the raid, but the main part is inside the raid And glaives actually needed ppl to have some skill..... yes it was RNG drop, but you had to kill Illy, so far you can do it all in LFR