Page 21 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Some people in this thread disappoint me highly.

One time of day when I was casually playing (TBC), there was so much to do but I could only sit in Shattrath because I wasn't in a raiding guild, I didn't have the gear at all, I was pretty bad at the game and there was no way to gear up to catch those in full t6 from BT (at the time, SWP badge gear hadn't been released by then). I didn't deserve the gear to catch up with the top raiders, I wasn't as good as them, I couldn't kill the world bosses and I sure as hell wasn't getting a chance at the legendary warglaives.

I was poor and the only chance at gear I got each week was from either getting lucky and joining a top raiding karazhan badge run in which people didn't even clear the entire instance in one night or from doing a heroic in which you got chance at ONE epic on the final boss, everything else was blue throughout the instance and a lower ilvl. You couldn't even do the higher raids because of gating, you had to finish the raids before. I looked up to the hardcore raiders and hoped I'd get there one day.

Now lets compare that to the casuals in MoP... You get 30-100g per boss kill in LFR, you have a chance of loot on every boss with an extra roll, you can kill 28 bosses per week in LFR without putting any effort into it and the older raids get nerfed to the point in which you can easily run 16/16 normal with pugs. You've had access to the world bosses and been able to tag them for a tiny bit of damage to get access to tier loot or mounts, you can gain legendaries in LFR even if you AFK through the entire instance and yet you moan when you have to put more effort into this game because of a new world boss that doesn't actually require effort in the first place?

World of Warcraft was never dieing, it is the community. Unfortunately the vocal players are those who are whining on forums about Blizzard making the game too hard, where as the people who are content are in-game playing. Makes me sad.

Quote Originally Posted by cidic View Post
    Low pop servers are getting virtual realms to fix the low pop issue. Your argument is invalid.

have u already tested how virtual servers wotk out ? cause i havent and nobody knows atm how they will work out untill we see it out on live :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I'm not too happy about this really, I didn't care too much that I wouldn't be bale to get the cloak, but now I'm pretty disappointed. Serves no purpose than to make some people feel special really, the reward from the quest is the item I thought, not exclusive content. I hope it gets changed really. I like the idea of harder bosses, nalak was a complete joke to be honest.

Well what ever, just another boss I won't be doing.
    dragonmaw - EU

Not implying that I'd be raiding on all 5 each week, but I like to have multiple options depending on what is needed.

Need a tank? Got my monk or DK
    Heals? Shaman or druid
    Ranged? Warlock or druid or shaman
    Melee? DK or monk

I consider 3 of my toons "raid ready" (monk, shaman warlock) even though I NEVER cap on all 3.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    People don't bother to screen for the other world bosses - they don't need to. Come on, Nalak? Loot Pinata. Sha and Galleon? Sha was a loot pinata early on and Galleon never was up much pre5.2. Post 5.2... Pinata.

I don't mind the screening myself... but this is different because, unless they screen at invite time, you'll put together a PUG and invariably have some who didn't know about the cloak requirement. Of course, I'm assuming this is a boss that needs 25+ people. If it's a 10 person boss, eh.
    They explicitly stated this is supposed to be a difficult boss, IE not sha/nalak/etc.

People don't screen for other ones because it doesn't matter, because they were designed to be ezmode. This is not the case for this boss. Everyone should know full well going into it that they can't treat it like the other bosses.

---------- Post added 2013-06-29 at 11:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    Not implying that I'd be raiding on all 5 each week, but I like to have multiple options depending on what is needed.

Need a tank? Got my monk or DK
    Heals? Shaman or druid
    Ranged? Warlock or druid or shaman
    Melee? DK or monk

I consider 3 of my toons "raid ready" (monk, shaman warlock) even though I NEVER cap on all 3.
    You really think that one world boss(Mind you, you have 4 others you can still do) is going to impact gearing your alt even in the slightest?

Quote Originally Posted by Raone View Post
    He could be zerged but they could EASILY move the graveyard far away so you couldn't. He also has a 5 minute hard enrage timer (you fail at 5 minutes) and 2 raid wiping mechanics (a shared cleave and a bomb) unlike Oon who had neither.

So ya you could probably get 100+ people but the 3 reasons Oon could be zerged is because he had a soft enrage timer instead of a hard one, only 1 mechanic that wiped you raid (the beam which was nerfed), and you could drag him right beside the graveyard. They already got rid of 2 of those on this new boss, if the graveyard was moved away he won't be zerged.

With 4 other world bosses I can see most players avoiding this guy because it isn't worth the pug hassle lol.
    first of all, ondasta has 2 raidwiping mechanics too, tanks were usually not bad enough to turn him to raid.
    second of all, you dont need graveyard running, if the boss is balanced around 40 people and you bring 100+, even while 1/3 dies early, you still have way more people that what it is intended for.
    and lastly, giving him strict, short enrage timer is gonna prop bringing more groups, so you dont have to worry about enrage even when some people die to stuff...

only way to make him for 40 people only is remove the faction tag from him, which just asks for aoe spamfest tagging and multiple raidgroups fighting over him and people griefing other raid groups when mechanics allow...

GC said they weren't happy with the "hard" world boss in 5.0 and 5.2. This apparently is their next spin on that boss. I don't think they're going to be terribly happy with this iteration either.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Allarius View Post
    They explicitly stated this is supposed to be a difficult boss, IE not sha/nalak/etc.

People don't screen for other ones because it doesn't matter, because they were designed to be ezmode. This is not the case for this boss. Everyone should know full well going into it that they can't treat it like the other bosses.

---------- Post added 2013-06-29 at 11:06 PM ----------

You really think that one world boss(Mind you, you have 4 others you can still do) is going to impact gearing your alt even in the slightest?
    It's going to affect me. I assume this is the tier world boss. I never said it would PREVENT me from gearing. It's a minor annoyance that, realistically, only should impact alts or "casual" raiders.

It's going to affect me. I assume this is the tier world boss. I never said it would PREVENT me from gearing. It's a minor annoyance that, realistically, only should impact alts or "casual" raiders.
    Not really sure what you mean by "tier world boss"

Don't really get the high pop/low pop complaint when there is 1) Virtual Realms incoming and 2) 3rd party social mediums such as OpenRaid.

It's pretty dissapointing they expect entire raid groups to have a legendary

He means the one that drops the tier gloves/pants. It's not, though. This is the Oondasta/Galleon equivalent as far as I know.

The one that drops tier sets. ie Sha, Nalak

10+ Year Old Account
    You assume wrong because the Tier Bosses are usually the easy ones because they also drop pvp gear. While the harder ones droped raid quality (oon , galeon) It wont affect you aside from the fact that you feel entitled to it even though you dont want to bother to put in the effort for it. Nothing more to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    It's pretty dissapointing they expect entire raid groups to have a legendary
    Legendary is just a word and orange is just a color. Reminds me of when there were people arguing that DK was supposed to be over powered because it was a "hero class".

Quote Originally Posted by nukethetuna View Post
    He means the one that drops the tier gloves/pants. It's not, though. This is the Oondasta/Galleon equivalent as far as I know.
    Ahh. Well they stated that it drops normal/normalTF(whatever the SoO equiv is). If it was the tier boss, I would think they would have said that up front, but who knows.

I highly doubt they'll make you have a legendary cloak just to get tier from a world boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaley View Post
    There's just no room for anyone to complain about this. If you cared about the character(s), you would have the cloak by the time this is available.
    You obviously haven't read what I've posted. There is room to complain here, though not for some of the reasons posted. Legendary items, since WoW's inception, have NEVER been required to do other content. When 5.0 came out did they tell anyone that this would be differnt? Nope. I had no way of knowing I should be doing this chain because I'd actually need it for something else. They are changing this long after the quest began, forcing those who had no idea the legendary would be useful, other than a nice piece of gear, to be so far behind that catching up is a royal pain.

I have plenty of time to play. Maybe I could catch up. But that isn't the point. The point is Blizz never indicated this quest would be useful in any way other than having the item. NOW they change it??? I don't think Blizzard has EVER gone back and made such a long quest (that used to be optional unless you wanted the item the quest rewarded) mandatory for something else, and they did it with so little time allowed for it.

Yeah, I'm ticked off. I think I have the right to be angry about this. If Blizz wanted to gate the boss so as to prevent another Oondasta zerg-fest they should find another way, not punish people who chose to skip optional content and then change it to mandatory well after the fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Balazaar View Post
    You obviously haven't read what I've posted. There is room to complain here, though not for some of the reasons posted. Legendary items, since WoW's inception, have NEVER been required to do other content. When 5.0 came out did they tell anyone that this would be differnt? Nope. I had no way of knowing I should be doing this chain because I'd actually need it for something else. They are changing this long after the quest began, forcing those who had no idea the legendary would be useful, other than a nice piece of gear, to be so far behind that catching up is a royal pain.

I have plenty of time to play. Maybe I could catch up. But that isn't the point. The point is Blizz never indicated this quest would be useful in any way other than having the item. NOW they change it??? I don't think Blizzard has EVER gone back and made such a long quest (that used to be optional unless you wanted the item the quest rewarded) mandatory for something else, and they did it with so little time allowed for it.

Yeah, I'm ticked off. I think I have the right to be angry about this. If Blizz wanted to gate the boss so as to prevent another Oondasta zerg-fest they should find another way, not punish people who chose to skip optional content and then change it to mandatory well after the fact.
    How about stop looking at it as "A world boss gated by requiring a legendary cloak" and look at it as "A reward for acquiring the legendary cloak is access to a bonus boss."

I still don't understand then. What's there to be angry about? If you don't care enough to do the legendary questline, why would whatever he could possibly drop interest you in anyway? The cloak is lightyears better than anything else in this game, and any smart person would do it if they actually cared about gearing their character. Outside of mounts/pets which we said earlier, but I don't think that really applies to you.

EDIT: You're skipping optional content to do an optional boss. You're making it sound like you HAVE to do it.
    Last edited by Allarius; 2013-06-29 at 11:18 PM.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by titcch View Post
    Some people in this thread disappoint me highly.

One time of day when I was casually playing (TBC), there was so much to do but I could only sit in Shattrath because I wasn't in a raiding guild, I didn't have the gear at all, I was pretty bad at the game and there was no way to gear up to catch those in full t6 from BT (at the time, SWP badge gear hadn't been released by then). I didn't deserve the gear to catch up with the top raiders, I wasn't as good as them, I couldn't kill the world bosses and I sure as hell wasn't getting a chance at the legendary warglaives.

I was poor and the only chance at gear I got each week was from either getting lucky and joining a top raiding karazhan badge run in which people didn't even clear the entire instance in one night or from doing a heroic in which you got chance at ONE epic on the final boss, everything else was blue throughout the instance and a lower ilvl. You couldn't even do the higher raids because of gating, you had to finish the raids before. I looked up to the hardcore raiders and hoped I'd get there one day.

Now lets compare that to the casuals in MoP... You get 30-100g per boss kill in LFR, you have a chance of loot on every boss with an extra roll, you can kill 28 bosses per week in LFR without putting any effort into it and the older raids get nerfed to the point in which you can easily run 16/16 normal with pugs. You've had access to the world bosses and been able to tag them for a tiny bit of damage to get access to tier loot or mounts, you can gain legendaries in LFR even if you AFK through the entire instance and yet you moan when you have to put more effort into this game because of a new world boss that doesn't actually require effort in the first place?

World of Warcraft was never dieing, it is the community. Unfortunately the vocal players are those who are whining on forums about Blizzard making the game too hard, where as the people who are content are in-game playing. Makes me sad.
    Best post I've read in this thread all day.