Poll: Would it upset you if LFR went away?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 33 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihnasir View Post
    Yeah, it's the only way I have time to get VP anymore, and one of the few reasons I still play.
    what you want the valor points if you dont raid ?

I'd like for LFR to go away, do heroics one time per day only. That would make it possible to force people to do other stuff than sit in SW all day. Also, remove lfg for battegrounds and arena too. Like it was in TBC where you have to go to the arena place and bg place to join the queue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rottenpen View Post
    what you want the valor points if you dont raid ?
    gear progression =) everyone want's better gear, but not everyone have time to be an elitest like you

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    The whole difference is between saying "there is guilds were people are assholes, I've experienced it" (which is pretty much Captain Obvious territory) and saying "guilds are inherently bad and made of people who are power hungry and any requirement for a team is anti-social, I know it because each and everytime I've tried to integrate a group I've been rejected" (which tend to strongly indicate that the problem is you and not the entirety of the rest of the planet).

His statements are downright in the latter territory, hence my answer.
    And my personnal experience in the game is that these kind of statement (about how any kind of team is made of bad bad people who are tyrannical) is made overwhelmingly by people who ARE the anti-social problems, but who prefer to reject and project their failure on everyone else.

As said above, what he said is so caricaturally in line with the typical "I'm a victim" from anti-social people who refuse to admit they may be the ones at fault, that it's very hard not to assume quite a lot about him.
    Guilds aren't inherently bad but the content promotes that sort of behavior and mind set. It still does to an extent but now at least I have the option to simple refuse to deal with it and still be entertained.

The caricature is you unfortunately. Instead of the simple admission that the system today is far better (for precisely the reasons I stated) you'd rather shift the burden of responsibility for the bad behavior of guilds and their leadership in the past onto the individual instead of the system. What this does is allow you to protect what are obviously deep fundamentally flawed systems (that were fixed more or less) because you favor them and instead further isolate individuals (even though the complaint was and is very common) so that nothing ever gets done at a systemic level. Politicians do it all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    i would be, why would we want to lose accessibility. the old ways of progressing are still available, no ones forcing you to run lfr.

im primarily a pvper, so its nice i get to see the raids, i don't get the same rewards as real raiders, so theres no issue.
    dragonmaw - EU

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really have the time or desire to be part of a raiding guild anymore so LFR works great for me. I just like to see the content. I might try and do flex sometimes as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Certainly you can't feel like a game has given you your money's worth if nothing in it really challenges you?
    NEWS FLASH: Yes you can. I can list countless games for years that never challenged me but were so thrilling and compelling I couldn't put them down. Oddly enough almost all RPGs.

content seen through LFR is kinda worthless imo
    i never raid current content so no im not some elitist pve guy. but LFR feels so cheap and dumb i dont think anyone got a feeling of "how epic!" or whatnot out of LFR
    the game is more or less built around that now so taking it away its a no no for a lot of people unless they replace it with something else (which i think they should)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    No flex sounds exactly like what lfr should have been. LFR just produces afk scum.
    Agree. As much as I never thought I'd actually say it out loud, I miss the pug scene for all of it's wildly varying results.

Quote Originally Posted by Draknalor186 View Post
    gear progression =) everyone want's better gear, but not everyone have time to be an elitest like you
    what does gear progression mean when your end goal is LFR? why would you want better gear? so that you can keep doing LFR??
    even if you go in naked or /afk at LFR youll still beat it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Certainly you can't feel like a game has given you your money's worth if nothing in it really challenges you?
    u know u could just do it because it's fun and u enyoy it? set the difficulty too hardcore raider if u want, but that's not my kind of fun

Deleted
    i run it for the gear obviously.. the content u can see on youtube or stream if u want, dono why people care how other's get their epix,

i would be sad if LFR was gone because i just care for the gear and too improve my toon, i dont wanna comit too a guild and wipe 3 hours per day/week or many time's on a boss just for "progression" just give me the gear kkthxbye

if the hardcore raider's just raid for the challange, why should it give better gear ? since if they only care about the challange, how doe's what gear drops matters? every difficulty should have the same gear ^^
    only for that statement blizzard should remove LFR who is the selfish here I RUN LFR JUST FOR THE LOOTS what the hell you want the loots if you dont raid ? you talk with them?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zingar View Post
    what does gear progression mean when your end goal is LFR? why would you want better gear? so that you can keep doing LFR??
    even if you go in naked or /afk at LFR youll still beat it
    do more dmg during quests, LFD, LFR, brawlers guild, soloing stuff, and some people actully enyoy LFR and the raiding there, they aren't all afking through like i asume u are

- - - Updated - - -

only for that statement blizzard should remove LFR who is the selfish here I RUN LFR JUST FOR THE LOOTS what the hell you want the loots if you dont raid ? you talk with them?
    just because some1 set their game difficulty too easy dosen't make them any less of a player in the game

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    NEWS FLASH: Yes you can. I can list countless games for years that never challenged me but were so thrilling and compelling I couldn't put them down. Oddly enough almost all RPGs.
    challenge is the reason of every game.......
    i want you to name me 1 game that dosnt have challenge at all

10+ Year Old Account
    do more dmg during quests, LFD, LFR, brawlers guild, soloing stuff, and some people actully enyoy LFR and the raiding there, they aren't all afking through like i asume u are

It's ultimately for the same reason they want it to. Character progression. The use of it doesn't fucking matter one bit, I mean I was massacring baal for years in D2 and it wasn't a challenge in the slightest and I had no where else to go in terms of upward difficulty but it didn't matter.

- - - Updated - - -

Challenge for me or for you? I can list lots of games which didn't challenge me ONE SINGLE BIT and I loved every minute of it. Final Fantasy 2 and 3 good examples. Lost Oddysey. Mass effect. DA:O. I plowed through those games, they were easy as fuck. Loved every single fucking minute of it. For you I can't say what's a challenge thought but challenge is not the reason for every game. Money is the reason for every game.

Would i be upset ? no but i wouldnt keep playing the game either. I dont have a raid group atm, not many of my friends log on much anymore. (more likely to see them on vent or facebook). so what would be left? run heroics? GOD NO pvp ? meh not big on pvp, petbattle? i still play the pokemon games. no if LFR was removed id unsub because there is not much left for me in game =/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    I have yet to kill any boss on LFR before killing it on normal.
    IGNORANCE on maximum

I'd be upset on behalf of the people who enjoy the game and make proper use of LFR because their lives have changed enough that they're no longer able to dedicate the time that standard forms of raiding require.

People have kids. People have job schedules. People have disabilities. People have other responsibilities that take priority over any sort of game. They're paying their subscription fees, why shouldn't they even be able to get at least a taste of what's going on end game because a few perfectly able bodied, time free assholes are being assholes?

Get rid of LFR, and you'll lose a lot of people who are only still playing the game because LFR is their endgame. Sure, they can still do farming, pets, crafting, dungeons, and trade chatting, but that's something you can do at any level. Raiding (regardless of difficulty) is the main course of the game for a lot of people. If we lose the LFR heroes, a lot of Normal and Hardmode players will lose a lot of friends. Guilds will become quieter, servers will become even more empty, and Normal and Hardmode players will be lost as well (not all of them, but I suspect it would be enough to "hurt" those who remain behind).

I raid twice a week with my guild, but I chat most often with someone whose endgame is LFR because a lot changes in 8 years. If that person quits, I'm out. If I quit, my spouse quits (that's not an unspoken rule, they've said it up front to me that they play because it's something we do together; the game and our guild are not what keep either of us playing).

MMOs need a community, and the players need a community. When you alienate a large chunk of players without a really, really good reason, you're killing your own game.
    "Bananas, like people, sometimes look different when they are naked." Grace Helbig

10+ Year Old Account
    i keep hearing about AFKers in LFR, maybe im just lucky but ive not experienced it too much, pretyt much all AFKers ive had in groups have been kicked pretty fast
    dragonmaw - EU

challenge is certainly a part of games

but if youre looking for it MMOs arent a good place for it