Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

"Testing on the PTR has demonstrated ..."

"Testing on the PTR has demonstrated that PvP damage/healing is too high. We will be tuning Base Resilience and Battle Fatigue."

https://twitter.com/holinka/status/365956913369849858
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

I thought my 300k Slams were a bit high

lmao, so another bandaid fix to pvp? 80% base resil now?

10+ Year Old Account
    thats nice news! its going to end up with everyone having 90% base resi at this rate :P
    dragonmaw - EU

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really care what they do as long as they nerf healing without making you die in 2 globals

10+ Year Old Account
    most people who know whats going on have been calling for a resil increase since the base was introduced..specifically on pvp gear and gems and hopefully not just a flat base increase. here's hoping that wording is subject to change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Resil will fix it!

Whats that you say? Hybrids have too much healing? RESIL WILL FIX IT!

Just please for the love of god blizz if you go this route, give the resil through gear so you gimp us PvPers less in world PvP

Notice how I bolded the PvP in world PvP? Yeah that's because some dragonslayers think world PvP is actually PvE....
    Last edited by docterfreeze; 2013-08-10 at 02:43 AM.

LOL "Ptr demonstration"?!?!? damage has been too high since the release of mop, check shamans, hunters, ferals out...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    LOL "Ptr demonstration"?!?!? damage has been too high since the release of mop, check shamans, hunters, ferals out...
    And rets. Everyone forgets rets and now it's starting to bite em in the ass.

Was hit by a 100k judgement on the ptr, and the pally was in full pvp gear too!

Now, I guarantee they make base resi about 70% and they buff damage by like 50%. Calling it now. If they do that I'm going back to LoL.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    And rets. Everyone forgets rets and now it's starting to bite em in the ass.

Was hit by a 100k judgement on the ptr, and the pally was in full pvp gear too!
    I don't have a problem with their damage on any of the characters I pvp on. I have a problem with the healing on non-hunters. One CC, back to full HP while you get whittled down, or bursted after you trinket (which is good play on their part, not too much damage)
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanimus View Post
    I don't have a problem with their damage on any of the characters I pvp on. (which is good play on their part, not too much damage)
    Yeah, well, the class I main has no way to stop heavy burst (Except our BIG AND MIGHTY 20% damage reduction!....rofl)

DK btw.

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Yeah, well, the class I main has no way to stop heavy burst (Except our BIG AND MIGHTY 20% damage reduction!....rofl)

DK btw.
    dk's are "viable" because theyre insane glass cannons. they have the ability to do more aoe damage than any other class in the game and they can easily solo a healer if the healers teammates don't peel (or if its an rdruid, CDs? jk shroomz). However, we die in about .4 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    dk's are "viable" because theyre insane glass cannons. they have the ability to do more aoe damage than any other class in the game and they can easily solo a healer if the healers teammates don't peel (or if its an rdruid, CDs? jk shroomz). However, we die in about .4 seconds.
    I can survive kinda well on my DK really. We have IBF, AMS, Lichborne Coil heals, Death pact heals, Death strikes and ofcourse, switching to Blood Pres which is where it's dangerous, sitting in UH pres is just asking to be nuked.

Odds are this is being done because of the dmg tuning coming up and with all the big nerfs to the rppm trinkets they will have to buff most of the classes.

So let me get this straight. 100k judgments, 300k slams, and 100k lava bursts are ok but an 80k chaos bolt with a 3 second cast time is omg nerf now?

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    So let me get this straight. 100k judgments, 300k slams, and 100k lava bursts are ok but an 80k chaos bolt with a 3 second cast time is omg nerf now?
    Blizzards balancing at its best.
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    We have had multiple threads of white people complaining that black people were offended over some racist thing some white person said.
    Here we have a thread of white people offended over something some racist black person said.
    The key difference is that the white people in this thread aren't being told "shut up stop being offended get over it."

Oh Blizz, you never fail to amaze me.

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    Funny thing is when I seen the Slam buff (which was by the way the single laziest, dumbest overbuffing an ability without actually really buffing the class, I have ever seen), first I was like...GTFO then I was like...If this makes it live it will break warriors, having them randomly oneshot people at random like Elementals, only Blizzard will fucking cave into the massive QQ that will follow and will decide to fix the problem by removing Charge, this way the warriors can't catch you to oneshot you. But of course Warriors will keep oneshoting melees and random ranged by riding up to them on their horses, to which Blizz will reply by halving ground mount speeds for Warriors.

^^^^

Blizzard balancing Warriors since '07.

How can they say Healing is too high when people are getting one-shotted? Why can't BF nerf Instant heals by 60% and casted heals by 40%?