Page 37 of 42 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    The storm really could be either the Legion or N'zoth/Azshara. It's not 100% the Legion simply because they've built up N'zoth to be nearly as big a villain as Sargeras.
    since N'zoth doesn't appear to be chained and completely free and the cause of Deathwings corruption, the Nightmare, The Nagas existence. Yeah I'd say a fully unleashed old god that had fought against the Pantheon of titans is as strong as a single Titan.

Infact he is so built up if N'zoth is anything but the final old god we face in the History of WoW it would be a let down. Currently 4 are known and there is said to be 5. Go figure.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-09-28 at 07:16 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by D4NNYB0Y View Post
    I dunno, no other WoW expansion tm in the US has any mention of mobile devices or laptops, and they never specify desktops either:
    *snip*
    Ah, fair point. Still think it's bloody stupid having laptops among mobile devices what with most of the software being pretty much identical as for any other computer. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post
    Ah, fair point. Still think it's bloody stupid having laptops among mobile devices what with most of the software being pretty much identical as for any other computer. Oh well.
    Ya, I think it just has to do with how the USPTO classifies mobile devices. They're a strange bunch those bureaucrats.
    Last edited by D4NNYB0Y; 2013-09-28 at 07:32 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by snuzzle View Post
    Hey, remember when people said that same thing about Mists of Pandaria? I do.

That said, this time I agree... but hey, who knows. Blizzard can name their expansions whatever they want. This just doesn't sound like an expansion title to me.

Although, thinking about it, Heroes of the Storm could very well be referring to Alleria and Turalyon. They're mentioned in the loading screen tip since recently ("No one has seen them for years" it says) and Blizz recently also remarked they would be making a comback next expansion.

"Heroes of the Storm" confirmed, Alleria and Turalyon returning as said lost Heroes of the Storm.
    Still makes a really bad name for expansion.
    TBC wasn't The Shining Chrystals, Wotlk wasn't Fordring the Super Saiyan nor was Cataclysm Aspects. Expansions have never been named after supporting characters and that's for a reason.

Deleted
    US TM is up:

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    US TM is up:
    Beat you. =P

Oh I REALLY hope that this is not the name of the next expansion, whatever the theme may be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    The storm really could be either the Legion or N'zoth/Azshara. It's not 100% the Legion simply because they've built up N'zoth to be nearly as big a villain as Sargeras.
    I'd argue N'zoth is a bigger villain than Sargeras.

People always like to take an old quote about how Sargeras is going to be the 'final' bad guy. If I'm not mistaken Metzen said something about Thrall and Gorona hooking up back in BC and that never happend. That and Jesse Koax's interview with Dave Kosak made me raise a brow when he refused to answer the question of "Who came first, the Old gods or the Titans." and it's not the refusing to answer that was interesting it was the. "I'll ruin the story of the whole game by answering that." That was more intriguing

Maybe I have an extreme personal bias, I find the Old god stories infinitely more interesting than the Legion's story. I just feel people over estimate Sargeras, and extremly underestimate an unleashed Old God.

Quote Originally Posted by Melsiren View Post
    I'd argue N'zoth is a bigger villain than Sargeras.

People always like to take an old quote about how Sargeras is going to be the 'final' bad guy. If I'm not mistaken Metzen said something about Thrall and Gorona hooking up back in BC and that never happend. That and Jesse Koax's interview with Dave Kosak made me raise a brow when he refused to answer the question of "Who came first, the Old gods or the Titans." and it's not the refusing to answer that was interesting it was the. "I'll ruin the story of the whole game by answering that." That was more intriguing

Maybe I have an extreme personal bias, I find the Old god stories infinitely more interesting than the Legion's story. I just feel people over estimate Sargeras, and extremly underestimate an unleashed Old God.
    If anything Old Gods are clearly superior, the pantheon was barely able to defeat and subdue them, and all that did was delay the Old Gods while they completely corrupted the Titan infrastructure around them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichigo86 View Post
    Still makes a really bad name for expansion.
    TBC wasn't The Shining Chrystals, Wotlk wasn't Fordring the Super Saiyan nor was Cataclysm Aspects. Expansions have never been named after supporting characters and that's for a reason.
    Stupid comment is stupid. None of the past expansions have been named for the same thing
    Burning crusade is named after the war against illidan's demons
    Wrath of the lich king is named after the main villain
    Cataclysm is named after an event
    Mists of pandaria was named after a continent
    so why is it weird for them to make another title that is nothing like the past 4 when they already have done that 4times.

Quote Originally Posted by Megara View Post
    A bit of a naive name, it sounds like a Rhapsody song title. Still, it's better than "The Dark Below". But I'm not sure what the storm could mean regarding WoW lore?
    The Dark Below destroys "Heroes of the Storm".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    If anything Old Gods are clearly superior, the pantheon was barely able to defeat and subdue them, and all that did was delay the Old Gods while they completely corrupted the Titan infrastructure around them.
    They weren't able to defeat Sargeras at all and there's only one of him. I think that Sargeras is more powerful at the moment. But N'zoth isn't far behind imo and I wouldn't be surprised if something happened to put them on a more even field. I mean bad stuff is supposed to happen when you kill an Old God i.e the Sha, so maybe after we off a couple more N'zoth can use the curse of the dead Old Gods to his advantage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Koreche View Post
    Stupid comment is stupid. None of the past expansions have been named for the same thing
    Burning crusade is named after the war against illidan's demons
    Wrath of the lich king is named after the main villain
    Cataclysm is named after an event
    Mists of pandaria was named after a continent
    so why is it weird for them to make another title that is nothing like the past 4 when they already have done that 4times.
    o rly?
    imo TBC was also an event(war is an event, lol). WotLK is not only named after villian but the "wrath" suggests that LK has awakened and is ragging and trying to do something rly bad so we can also think about his "Wrath" like of an event. If WotLK has been named after main villian it would be just "The Lich King".
    Only Mists of Pandaria is named after continent but in very creative way. Mists suggests something unexplored and mysterious.

while Heroes of the Storm is just a huge banality that suggests nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by bach0r View Post
    o rly?
    imo TBC was also an event(war is an event, lol). WotLK is not only named after villian but the "wrath" suggests that LK has awakened and is ragging and trying to do something rly bad so we can also think about his "Wrath" like of an event. If WotLK has been named after main villian it would be just "The Lich King".
    Only Mists of Pandaria is named after continent but in very creative way. Mists suggests something unexplored and mysterious.

while Heroes of the Storm is just a huge banality that suggests nothing.
    A storm is as much an event as a crusade and more of an event than someone's wrath.

Heroes of the Storm suggests a group of people acting like a beacon of light standing against the raging, consuming darkness.
    Which is what the war against the legion has always been described as.

It's my expectation that it will be burning legion next expansion here's why:

- With the confirmation that Alleria and Turalyon will be seen next expansion, especially with the quote that we will need their help, is I feel a huge hint. Because they both thought against the burning legion and then "apparently" took the portal away to take the fight to the legion. It just seems logical as Turalyon and Alleria are associated with the burning legion, as Tyrion is associated with the scourge.
    - It is my belief with the "HEROES of the Storm", That Turalyon and Alleria are these heroes, and that the storm refers to the burning legion wrathion has been warning us about making their return.

I would love to see N'zoth somewhere, don't get me wrong, as well as seeing something for maybe Azshara etc. But crikey, I think all the signs are pointing to the legion over anything else.

But for all we know we might fight a giant salmon.
    This is my signature. It states my prediction of the next expansion. Not only is it correct in my eyes, but should also be in yours too.
    Anyone who doesn't agree with me is an idiot, a bad, and a pleb.

- A Quote from every narcissistic, defiant, self-absorbed theorist on these forums. True story.

Quote Originally Posted by Excessiv View Post
    But for all we know we might fight a giant salmon.
    I sure hope so.

Deleted
    A storm is as much an event as a crusade and more of an event than someone's wrath.
    yes I agree but...
    Heroes of the Storm suggests a group of people
    yes it suggests group of people and is named after people not after event. It is "Heroes of the Storm". so its a little bit different construction than previous names.
    similarly it should be "Heroes of the Burning Crusade", "Wrathing/mad/ragging/etc Lich King" and "Heroes of the Cataclysm"
    so if it would be like other names it should be just "Storm" or "The Burning/Fel Storm" or "Storm of the Legion"

acting like a beacon of light standing against the raging, consuming darkness.
    what is "storm" comparing to the "cataclysm" or "shattering" or "sundering" it suggests walk in the park comparing to the past events

Which is what the war against the legion has always been described as.
    I must agree but it is also very popular word in WoW and suggests also many other things. We got Stormwind, Stormrage, Stormgarde, Storm Peaks, Netherstorm,Eye of the Storm etc. etc. and it wasn't named after Legion but weather conditions or air/water elementals(Jevan Grimtotem is called "STORMsong ecause of his affinity with the air and water.")
    and its rly difficult to describe invasion of BL in other words than rain or storm(because of all this meteor shower and dramatic lightnings, villains are never invading during sunny day ).

So Storm may also refer to something that happens in the Great Sea/arround MaelSTORM and affects coast and ports of all Azeroth like an naga invasion.
    but srlsy Heroes of the Storm sound rly bad for me :P
    Last edited by mmoc9f96497ef5; 2013-09-28 at 11:38 AM.

This name does have the perk of being pretty vague. I'm still pretty sure it's the new name of Blizzard All-Stars, but I'm not going to completely rule out it being an expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by bach0r View Post
    yes it is but...

Heroes of the Storm suggests a group of people

yes it suggests group of people and is named after people not after event. It is "Heroes of the Storm". so its a little bit different construction than previous names.
    similarly it should be "Heroes of the Burning Crusade", "Wrathing/mad/ragging/etc Lich King" and "Heroes of the Cataclysm"
    I'm really confused by this.
    You yourself just pointed out that wrath is Wrath of the LICH KING.
    I.e. It's named after a person.

Why would you bold Heroes and completely ignore the fact that Storm is the other half of the title? Of course it's different construction, all the expansions are different constructions.

Burning Crusade is the title of a military campaign.
    Wrath of the Lich King is a title stating the feeling and intent to destroy of an individual.
    Cataclysm is a single word title for an event.
    Mists of Pandaria is a title based on an aspect of a specific location.

Why would Heroes of the Storm, a title based on a group of people from a given location/metaphorical event, be any stranger?

what is "storm" comparing to the "cataclysm" or "shattering" or "sundering" it suggests walk in the park comparing to the past events
    You seem to be confusing a the literal idea of a storm with the metaphorical concept of a storm as a horrible chain of events approaching. I have no idea why you brought up the shattering/sundering, since it isn't an expansion title, but "Cataclysm" is potentially less threatening than "Storm" because it's something you can't prepare for. There's no since of danger, it came out of nowhere, hit and then was gone. The storm is a culmination of a war that has been brewing out in the darkness beyond Azeroth for ten thousand years.

I must agree but it is also very popular word in WoW and suggests also many other things. We got Stormwind, Stormrage, Stormgarde, Storm Peaks, Netherstorm,Eye of the Storm etc. etc. and it wasn't named after Legion but weather conditions or air/water elementals(Jevan Grimtotem is called "STORMsong ecause of his affinity with the air and water.")
    and its rly difficult to describe invasion of BL in other words than rain or storm(because of all this meteor shower and dramatic lightnings, villains are never invading during sunny day ).
    All of these are a literal use of the word storm, see my above point. The "Storm" of "Heroes of the Storm" is very likely not a physical storm, but the metaphorical idea of the Legion as a brewing, all-consuming 'storm'.

So Storm may also refer to something that happens in the Great Sea/arround MaelSTORM and affects coast and ports of all Azeroth like an naga invasion.
    It's possible.
    It could also refer to the Kvaldir suddenly mass attacking.
    But as I pointed out in a previous post in this thread, the Naga are not like a storm, they are the slithering, creeping darkness, not a violent chaotic force slamming against something. While it's possible the title refers to a massive physical storm, it seems a lot more likely that it refers to the Legion and the coming "storm" of the war.

Deleted
    I'm really confused by this.
    You yourself just pointed out that wrath is Wrath of the LICH KING.
    I.e. It's named after a person.
    as u said its after the feeling not after the person.
    Why would you bold Heroes and completely ignore the fact that Storm is the other half of the title? Of course it's different construction, all the expansions are different constructions.

Burning Crusade is the title of a military campaign.
    Wrath of the Lich King is a title stating the feeling and intent to destroy of an individual.
    Cataclysm is a single word title for an event.
    Mists of Pandaria is a title based on an aspect of a specific location.
    Military campaign and cataclysm are the events and also 'wrath' may be an event(awaking of LK, and his minions invading Azeroth and doing terrible things). We came to Northrend because of LK's wrath not because of LK(all knew that he is there for some time but his WRATH was the reason of the northrend campaign).
    Thats why I bold "Heroes" because it suggests that "Storm" will be a background for story about "heroes".

Why would Heroes of the Storm, a title based on a group of people from a given location/metaphorical event, be any stranger?
    as I said "The Burning/Fel/Deamon Storm" or just "The Storm"(like TBC or cata) or "Storm of the Legion/Deamons/BL/etc." is more similar. Heroes of the Storm suggests that the expansion will be about those "heroes" and the storm will be only the background.
    In TBC we take part in the crusade against Ilidian Forces and Ilidian is our final step. In WotLK we fight against wrath(undead invasion and LK forces) LK is only our final step.

I have no idea why you brought up the shattering/sundering, since it isn't an expansion title, but "Cataclysm" is potentially less threatening than "Storm" because it's something you can't prepare for. There's no since of danger, it came out of nowhere, hit and then was gone. The storm is a culmination of a war that has been brewing out in the darkness beyond Azeroth for ten thousand years.
    I brought up "shattering" and "sundering because" I wanted to say that Blizzard like to use stronger words then just "storm"(which is just rain with lightning and wind for many less subtle people) and naming the event as just simple "storm"(not the great/burning/fel) is not just like Blizzard used to do. And again if they want to describe the BL invasion as a "storm", the expansion should be named "The Storm of Burning Legion" or "The Fel/Burning/Demon Storm" not "Heroes of the (simple/normal/another) Storm".
    This name just doesnt make me think of "storm" like of something special that is going to destroy Azeroth(like shattering/cata or sundering)

All of these are a literal use of the word storm, see my above point. The "Storm" of "Heroes of the Storm" is very likely not a physical storm, but the metaphorical idea of the Legion as a brewing, all-consuming 'storm'.
    yes that what i'm talking about. The name should make me frightened about THIS storm. It should point me that its not another random chaos but something that we should compare to cataclysm or the shattering. And "storm" is simply too subtle metaphor. calling this event as "Storm" its too subtle for WoW imo.

It's possible.
    It could also refer to the Kvaldir suddenly mass attacking.
    But as I pointed out in a previous post in this thread, the Naga are not like a storm, they are the slithering, creeping darkness, not a violent chaotic force slamming against something. While it's possible the title refers to a massive physical storm, it seems a lot more likely that it refers to the Legion and the coming "storm" of the war.
    they are slithering, creeping darkness, indeed now they are just like dark coulds gathering before the strom. We see know about this clouds but the only thing we can do is prepare for the storm. And we dont know if the storm will be strong or just a small rain.
    just like nagas we know about them, we know that they are plotting against us but we wont be able to realize what is going on before it will start raining And we just hear a random thunders from nagas all the time. They are expected but their power and direction is totally unknown for us.
    thats about a little different metaphorical concept of a storm :P