Poll: How do you feel about people playing under the influence of drugs?

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    None of my Business.

Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    Because, first, I don't think they 'expand your mind' at all, they just allow you to see a new perspective, something anyone could do if they desired it enough. They always bring up people who did great things using drugs like LSD but those people were already incredibly intelligent, creative, and imaginative. I've seen ten times as many people instead become complete idiots, thinking their minds have been 'expanded' but instead just becoming stereotypical hippies with fairly silly views that can easily be debunked. Second, because it's not like there can't be downsides. I developed an anxiety condition that led to agoraphobia and the whole thing was started from trying weed once. There are certainly risks that come along that you can't know you will experience unless you try it, some of these can be incredibly devastating (ie schizophrenia, severe anxiety, derealization).

But you can't really talk about them truthfully unless you've tried them...

Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    Because, first, I don't think they 'expand your mind' at all, they just allow you to see a new perspective, something anyone could do if they desired it enough. They always bring up people who did great things using drugs like LSD but those people were already incredibly intelligent, creative, and imaginative. I've seen ten times as many people instead become complete idiots, thinking their minds have been 'expanded' but instead just becoming stereotypical hippies with fairly silly views that can easily be debunked. Second, because it's not like there can't be downsides. I developed an anxiety condition that led to agoraphobia and the whole thing was started from trying weed once. There are certainly risks that come along that you can't know you will experience unless you try it, some of these can be incredibly devastating (ie schizophrenia, severe anxiety, derealization).
    not to be an asshole, but weed causes none of those things. it can trigger conditions if someone has already developed them, so eventually it would have become apparent some way or another

Quote Originally Posted by diddle View Post
    I do it all the time, just curious what most people's stance on it was.
    You do drugs? Can I touch you?

Seriously, you say it as if it's something special and positive. I think it's rather sad that you need drugs to feel good. I supposed by drugs you mean weed and not real drugs, but even weed is bad for your brain (not when you use it occasionally, but apparently you use it a lot). I wouldn't be proud of it, if I were you. I wish you happiness in your life, so you won't need drugs any more.

Deleted
    I dont care cause noting is as bad as people playin drunk....
    (plus drinking alcohol is way more dangerous then smoking pot)

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would you give a fuck?

The only time it's annoying is if they go on about it, like they are so cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post

You know who's more annoying? People like this..

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    You do drugs? Can I touch you?

Seriously, you say it as if it's something special and positive. I think it's rather sad that you need drugs to feel good. I supposed by drugs you mean weed and not real drugs, but even weed is bad for your brain (not when you use it occasionally, but apparently you use it a lot). I wouldn't be proud of it, if I were you. I wish you happiness in your life, so you won't need drugs any more.
    Cause you sound like a real happy person.

I tanked heroic DS stoned back in Cata all the time.

So long as it doesn't effect someone's skills negatively, I'm all for it.
    And so long as they don't constantly say "WOOO I'M DRUNK!", because that's just pathetic.

How is it even possible to play this dumb game without being stoned? I don't understand. Especially when you're with a bunch of retards who don't know how to not stand in the fire.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    9/10 the OMG IM SO HIGH are just teens lying
    Make that a 999/1000. I've only met 1 person ingame who was legit drunk.

Tried it once, was quite hillarious to do so, but not realy feeling like I should do it more often. Mostly because of the fact I couldn't 'properly' play. Mostly I my character just stood there.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's their life, their choice, why should i care O.o

I'd rather play with people that don't do drugs, but sometimes you can't choose though. I already feel uncomfortable with smokers in the raid, but I try to ignore it.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarch the Conqueror View Post
    I approve as long as you don't start stripping your passed out wife on stream.
    You sir, got a "like".

But OT: I hate drugs in general(never used, but family got a history) - and given the effect most of the types have on the body; it always alters their perfomance to some degree.

Quote Originally Posted by Naturehaze View Post
    As long as it doesn't make them behave poorly i could not care less.
    What he said

Deleted
    Lol at the Americans going 'ooh i smoke weed i'm so badass'

And i don't mind tbh, as long as they don't go 'omg i'm so high' while they're clearly not..

Quote Originally Posted by elmowaki View Post
    Lol at the Americans going 'ooh i smoke weed i'm so badass'

And i don't mind tbh, as long as they don't go 'omg i'm so high' while they're clearly not..

Only countries I see labeled on this page are yours, Scotland, and Netherlands...

10+ Year Old Account
    Heh so many anti-drug brainwashed people around.
    One day you'll have to get out of that cocoon of ignorance build up by media brainwashing and understand that 90% of what today are called "illegal drugs" are less harmful than tobacco & alcohol or the toxic crap that gets pushed down your throat as "medicine" by the large pharma corporations.

Now back to the question at hand.
    Depends on the circumstance ofc. If you have a pretty important raid or something that requires total focus and performance, yeah I wouldn't want to have the tank or healers too stoned to do their job properly, but in other less important areas its pretty fun.
    I love leveling when I'm baked as shit. I'd start a quest in one area and wake up 2 hours later in the opposite corner of the world map.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post

and even that has more to do with the going on and on about how they are cool than the drugs bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mukki View Post
    Because all laws are just and moral. Do you also think people who carry ice cream cones in their pockets on Sundays are scumbags?

Also, what if they're from a state that has legalized marijuana or medicinal marijuana and they have a card? Do you gkick them if they move to a state where it's illegal?
    No offense but you should try reading my entire posts instead of reading just what you want to read.

1. As I said I don't care if someone smokes pot. Especially not my friends. I am just not going to be around when they do. My state is a state that actively charges you for marijuana possession. I'm not going near that, sorry. There is a big difference between smoking pot and 'carrying ice cream cones in your pocket on Sundays'. I had thought I made most of this clear with this post:
    I wouldn't think less of my friends if they did illegal drugs, but I would never be a part of it. That is common sense isn't it? I don't want to be associated with illegal activities (regardless of whether or not I think they should be illegal).
    2. I wouldn't gkick them because they're doing illegal activities. I would gkick them because smoking pot/drinking/doing hard drugs isn't an appropriate thing to do when you're trying to progress on a boss or win a rated BG. I don't care if you do it outside of that (I've played drinking games on vent myself) but you don't bring that shit to your raid/RBG. I also thought I had made that clear:
    As for the influence of drugs and gaming I usually only log on to raid or do rated BGs. Those require coordination and having a member high would certainly influence my experience negatively. I wouldn't care if they were hanging out in /1 high and making an ass of themselves.
    3. I'm sure when you mentioned my state of residence you assumed I was Mormon. Well, shocker, I'm not. Nor am I religious, nor am I 'modest', nor am I a 'prude' (okay, that's debatable since it's not something you can really label/unlabel yourself).

4. If pot was legal I would be all over that.