Page 49 of 67 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Basically this thread:

Kick good people because they point out my fails so i can improve. - I don't want to improve i want to stay in LFR for ever with 50k dps and wipe my group constantly on my tank without have to listen to the better players, they should get kicked if they cannot sit in the LFR for 10hrs wiping without saying anything.

Right? :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hpa View Post
    Basically this thread:

Kick good people because they point out my fails so i can improve. - I don't want to improve i want to stay in LFR for ever with 50k dps and wipe my group constantly on my tank without have to listen to the better players, they should get kicked if they cannot sit in the LFR for 10hrs wiping without saying anything.

*You suck and you should go suck somewhere else!*- Dem helpful pointers man.

Constructive criticism has never been uttered by these so called "Good" players. It's always accusations, shaming and nastiness from them.

Basically this thread:

"LOOOOOOOL hpa is a FUCKING NOOOOOOB ALL KICK HIM LOOK AT HIS DPS!!!"
    How will that help someone to improve? Cause thats all I see in LFR, I never see someone coming with something constructive.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominus89 View Post
    How will that help someone to improve? Cause thats all I see in LFR, I never see someone coming with something constructive.
    Well those people are just kids then? why would you get annoyed by them or even listen to what they say?... But again if you have low dps and its not a gear issue then i guess you're not focusing and just hoping for some good players to carry you in your weekly LFR run? ofc they would be mad its not like some is so bad that they would do 40k dps in 520+ ilvl, they should indeed be kicked if they are just slacking like that ruining the raid for all the other people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Why should the 95% majority of casuals have to tolerate the 5% of elitists? Maybe they should change queues to be "Hardcore" or "Casual". Then we can filter them as soon as they join the LF(whatever).
    You could also turn that around : why should one half of the people who try have to put up with people that afk, pull very bad dps, or go stand in shit on purpose so they can lie dead while others do the kill.

If people scream at other people, it is not necessary because they are assholes, it can be because the other person is really shitty as well.
    I totally agree on removing dickheads that go full mental mode after every single mistake, but I would not call these people elitist, just assholes

Most of the elitists are already going away themselves, because of the existence of Flex raids and the toxic environment in LFR.
    You can notice it by the sheer amount of complaints on the 'difficulty' of LF Siege and the number of nerfs it has seen (which were unnecessary if people would only listen to some basic tactics - Nazgrim as a major example).
    Most people who have a little bit of sense for challenge are already moving away from LFR anyway and the ones you are left with are the assholes, not the elitists.

Just realise that a lot of LFR raids are carried by what you call 'elitists' because they pull a lot more weight than the needed average, and make up for the amount of people who don't.
    Be careful what you wish for, is my advice.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jevlin View Post

Constructive criticism has never been uttered by these so called "Good" players. It's always accusations, shaming and nastiness from them.
    turning this around as well:
    "Hey I saw you doing very low DPS: you could do this or this to improve that. "
    " Don't tell me what to do, fuck off, elitist"

things like this go both ways actually, you have good criticism treated bad, and you have bad criticism...

Deleted
    Fine, but also add system that will kick anyone who has under 60k dps from LFR (not from HC dungeons, since i understand that people there are undergeared) and add system, that gives no LFR loot to people that stand in too much shit on a boss fight, seriously, everyone can read dungeon journal, so there's no excuse for failing. Those people are much bigger problem than "elitists".

15+ Year Old Account
    In the end, it is just a game.
    If it's just a game, why do you care about elitists?

#NoMoreElitists
    Can't believe you just used "#" outside of Twitter...
    Statix will suffice.

I dont agree. I hate flamers too. Its really frustrating I agree. But I fear this option would be exploited to its fullest. "Oh this person Ive never spoken to before in my entire life didn't agree with my 11 year old ass, I think I am gonna report him for flaming so he gets a kick!"

No please. You have a ignore option both in your own head and in the game. 2 ways of ignoring. Right click their name in the chat. Or type /ignore (Insert user here)

Problem solved! 2013 problems are so bad.

lfr 1.: clears in 30 min with a lot of flaming and kicking underperformers.

lfr 2.: 2hour clear with rainbows and ponys.

For sure i prefer nr 1.

Most elitists are not l33t

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jevlin View Post

The problem with trying to help bad players in LFR is that everyone is impatient. Even if you had the patience to help someone improve, they aren't going to get better in the 10 minutes you have before a boss. So the only reliable solutions are:
    1) Ask the player to leave and give him tips outside of the raid at another time.
    2) Kick him and tell him to read up on his own.
    3) Yell at him like an imbecile until people kick him.

There is no solution that keeps the bad player in the raid. That's not a solution, it's an ordeal for 24 other people. Yea, people need to be less stupid about it, but the end result will be the same regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by patcherke View Post
    turning this around as well:
    "Hey I saw you doing very low DPS: you could do this or this to improve that. "
    " Don't tell me what to do, fuck off, elitist"

things like this go both ways actually, you have good criticism treated bad, and you have bad criticism...
    This exactly.

Bad players typically don't realize they're bad. If you try to give them help, at least 50% of the time you're going to get flamed for it. Believe me, I've tried. It's why I've given up on helping them and just started kicking them.

I don't know why I even care anymore, I've moved on to Flex with my alts. oQueue completely removes the need for LFR to exist if you're not terrible.
    Last edited by Marxman; 2013-12-06 at 11:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Das View Post
    You don't want to remove elitists, you want to remove dumbasses, big difference.
    Being a guy that's experienced with the game for so many years, I don't want Elitists. Dumbasses you can teach to be better players whereas an elitist is deluded in thinking he/she has nothing wrong with them.

Deleted
    Why should the 95% majority of casuals have to tolerate the 5% of elitists? Maybe they should change queues to be "Hardcore" or "Casual". Then we can filter them as soon as they join the LF(whatever).
    Creating such a distance in this type of crowd would only be detrimental. This attitude is also what encourages the elitists to disassert themselves from people such as you. Just saying.

Anecdotal evidence. In my case, the last time I gave advice to a fellow warlock that was doing ~60k DPS on Sha in SoO, I was told to "stfu, can play how I want bitch". Yes sometimes people will just throw out random insults and it doesn't help the struggling player. But sometimes, constructive advice is given and people take it as a personal insult.

In the end, the person that is wasting the majority of the other people should either: A) Learn to play better. Be it via advice given by other players or even just following the basic spell rotation that Blizzard shows you in game and not step in fire. Or B) Be removed from the group as it is unfair to the majority of the other players to have to deal with someone that's making things longer than they should be on the pretext that they can play how they want.

I disagree, most elitists are dps.
    And even more anecdotal evidence. Elitist comes with every roles, every race of either faction.
    Last edited by Dwill; 2013-12-06 at 11:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    da hell kinda suggestion is this, remove players who are better than you?
    Basically this thread:

Elitist isn't necessarily better players at all. Screaming players almost never are.

To clear things a bit up:
    Elitist /= good player
    Casual /= bad player
    Elite == the best
    Insulting screaming person as op talk about has nothing to do with a good player. I think it's pretty poor that you think they are.
    Last edited by Terridon; 2013-12-06 at 12:04 PM. Reason: Changed elite
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Deleted
    I suggest we remove the chat feature completely out of WoW, this way no one will ever be able to tell me about my horrible play.

I pay for this game too dammit, I want my MMO game free of chat. At the very least remove everyone that opposes me.

Arghhh I just want to play my MMO game without other people bothering me, ugh, if I want to play horribly that's my choice #KillElitists #mandela #NoChatMmo

Quote Originally Posted by Bernardblack View Post
    I suggest we remove the chat feature completely out of WoW, this way no one will ever be able to tell me about my horrible play.

I pay for this game too dammit, I want my MMO game free of chat. At the very least remove everyone that opposes me.

Arghhh I just want to play my MMO game without other people bothering me, ugh, if I want to play horribly that's my choice #KillElitists #mandela #NoChatMmo
    I'm now reading this and visualising Bernard Black (Dylan Moran) saying it in the most satirical and sarcastic way he does best, with a bottle of wine in one hand and a smouldering cigarette in the other
    Last edited by Felfurion; 2013-12-06 at 12:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Das View Post
    You don't want to remove elitists, you want to remove dumbasses, big difference.
    >implying there is a difference

I am all for a better reporting tool(s) to help combat toxic players. An automated system is kind no for me as its not robust enough to deal with the issue imo.

This thread is veiled in ridiculous hypocrisy.

So you are complaining about people complaining about the way you play, so you complain in return to the way they complain to not complain?

This is pure flame bait. Surprised thread hasnt been locked or deleted.