Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Horde bg queue times

Queueing for random bg's as horde has become fucking absurd,they have been pretty bad for a while now but the past couple of weeks has been beyond unbearable and i just dont even bother anymore lately.The past 3 days the average wait time for a bg is 28-36 minutes...

And we were promised much shorter queue times back when they made all bg's cross battlegroup but the queue times are actually longer,gj Blizzard.
    As alliance you can queue and you're in a bg within 3 or 4 minutes tops,queue as horde and you are going to wait at least 30 minutes,and i know some will say "alliance may have faster queue times but they lose all the time LOL" but at least going in and actually playing in a battleground is more fun than sitting hostage for 30 minutes not knowing when your queue will pop and if you happen to go afk for w/e reason and miss the queue you just wasted 30 minutes and have to do it all over again.

At least implement some type of mercenary option for people willing to do so.Or something to fix this mess.

Just wanted to vent and anybody else dealing with this garbage feel free to vent here as well.
    Here come the Irish.

In Rated Battlegrounds Blizzard sometimes temporarily faction changes your team in order to facilitate matchmaking.

Would that be acceptable to you in regular Battle Grounds?

It would certainly decrease the queue times to mix everyone all together.

However, part of the reason why the queue times are longer are because players who want to pvp roll horde.

I'm not sure if that would fly with them ("For the Horde").

Quote Originally Posted by potatoe View Post
    In Rated Battlegrounds Blizzard sometimes temporarily faction changes your team in order to facilitate matchmaking.

Would that be acceptable to you in regular Battle Grounds?

It would certainly decrease the queue times to mix everyone all together.

However, part of the reason why the queue times are longer are because players who want to pvp roll horde.

I'm not sure if that would fly with them ("For the Horde").
    This needs to happen like tomorrow with the restarts.

Isle of Conquest weekend says hello!!!!

Most of the Horde has IoC and AV blacklisted while Alliance do not as they are generally free wins for them.
    All Alliance were running instant queues to the Call to Arms IoC while Horde were sitting in 15 min+ queues with IoC Blacklisted.

So I was gonna register to do a post about it but since you already took the time I will share my thoughts:

Back then..

Last year I faction changed to alliance with all my peers, queue times were great (under 4 min) people had this mind set of pride for PVP and for the faction maybe one troll or two along the way but it was great.

Now

Well now queue times are under 10 sec for me but games F'suck. People whine all the time, there's no sense of team play and I'm beginning to think English it's a lost language.

Yet you make more honor even losing as Alliance, is it Worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by xacto View Post
    Yet you make more honor even losing as Alliance, is it Worth it?
    The only people playing BGs for honor are those with bad gear. Honor becomes almost worthless after you have all the tyrannical gear you want.

So if that's the draw for BGing as alliance, don't expect to get good teams.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The only people playing BGs for honor are those with bad gear. Honor becomes almost worthless after you have all the tyrannical gear you want.

So if that's the draw for BGing as alliance, don't expect to get good teams.
    No thats not true at all,alot of people do bg's for guess what...for the fun of it.Friends in guilds like to make a grp and queue up and have some laughs while wrecking some clowns in a bg.
    Dont be "that guy" and say the only pvp that matters is arena,please.
    Here come the Irish.

Quote Originally Posted by WillFeral View Post
    No thats not true at all,alot of people do bg's for guess what...for the fun of it.Friends in guilds like to make a grp and queue up and have some laughs while wrecking some clowns in a bg.
    Dont be "that guy" and say the only pvp that matters is arena,please.
    I'm not sure what part of the word "if" you didn't understand.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler

Last night we were seeing queue timer average saying 26-32 mins (US), yet we got in after 5-10 min wait each time. YMMV obviously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I've solo queued for BGs since Classic**, and while they're as short now as they've ever been, my winning percentage is by far the lowest now that it's ever been. Seems to me like Blizzard did something with racials, and nearly all the top alliance PvE guilds went horde and it started somewhat of a domino effect into PvP. So we've got a large percentage of all the top PvPers now horde as well. So all the PvPers who're very high level but not top, jump ship to horde (if they weren't already) so they can keep up with the top tier players. So really the alliance is left with a bit of a vacuum of quality players now, at least in comparison to horde.

Also, too many people are using OQueue to stack the deck (sort of speak) in terms of PvP, making it even more likely that if you're solo queuing, you're setting yourself up for failure (at least alliance side).

I would say Blizzard should equalize the racials or outright remove them, but if they do that. What's the incentive for all the top PvE/PvP alliance players that went horde in the past year+ to come back? Faction pride? Preferred looks? They'd likely stay where they are and choose to not spend RL money for no power gain.

Seems like the damage is done.

Long story short, OP. Your average Joe playing alliance loses a lot, so it isn't fun, so they stop queuing. Plus the whole black listing nonsense exacerbates the situation.

** Enough to earn Battlemaster, Justicar, 100K+ HKs, and 3 master of achis for Khan prior to MoP going live, all solo.
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 2013-12-30 at 08:45 PM.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

as alliance I would rather have wait time of 20-30 min and always win, rather then wasting my nerves on retard teammates and losing every single one
    especialy with spanish brakets where those don't understand a single english word

Mixed-faction BGs (perhaps with CoT-style morphing) are the only solution. At some point the devs will realize they cannot continue to sacrifice playability on an altar of lore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Today

I want the defilers tabard and now is near impossible reach exalted without leave the real life xD.

Were you actually sitting the queues? Cos you may have found that the queues were actually much shorter than the queue estimates. Mine said the same thing but I didn't have to wait more than 8 minutes for any of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes the queues yes will pop at about 10 minutes or so but the majority of the time its waiting 25+ minutes to get in.I didnt make this thread to start an argument just to vent my frustration at how pvp always seems to be put on the back burner when their is an issue.This is just another case of many we experience.I would just like some remedy to this because I'm pretty sure it turns new players off when they experience this.Just frustrating thats all.
    Here come the Irish.

I play both factions, but Horde more so. This entire expansion, I've had this pattern (Bloodlust battle group):

Alliance - An instant to 1 minute queue timer, with a win:loss ratio of 1:3

Horde - A 7 to 10 minute queue timer, with a win:loss ratio of 3:1.

That's what happens when people migrate to one faction. Only thing that's gonna "fix" it is people going back to Alliance, because I honestly don't see Blizzard doing same-faction random BGs any time soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    That's what happens when people migrate to one faction. Only thing that's gonna "fix" it is people going back to Alliance, because I honestly don't see Blizzard doing same-faction random BGs any time soon.
    And why not? You can already have same faction fights in arena and they even made same faction world pvp possible on timeless isle.Introducing same faction bg's would actually put back interest for alot of ppl that dont really do bg's anymore.
    Here come the Irish.

Blizzard will never agree to same-faction normal BGs. They only did it for Arenas and RBGs as a last resort. They want to keep the Alliance vs. Horde conflict as much as possible.

If you want shorter queue times, transfer Alliance. Can't have your cake (Horde win rates) and eat it too.

Deleted
    For some reason, I've never expierenced really long BG queue times on Horde. But that is three years ago... So not really that relevant anymore.