Poll: Transmog Sets from Store!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    This is just one step further in the direction of selling PvE and PvP gear -.-

Only if Blizzard made WoW free to play with an optional all access subscription plan for all of their games that would allow you to get these transmog sets for a discount or for free. I'm actually surprised they haven't done this yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aw c'mon, leave something in the actual gameplay. =/

Store sets should add to the existing content, not nullify it. A good cash shop incentivizes people to both spend and do content, with unique rewards for each, so neither side feels like they're a fool.

Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    Don't care. They are already selling the most visible part of your gear, so expanding it to a whole set wouldn't be that much of a step upwards.
    That's actually the least visible piece of my gear. There isn't a single character i don't use hide helm on.
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

unique sets? sure, why not
    Mother pus bucket!

I thought they already did that with the head items.
    -> http://www.wowhead.com/news=216619/t...blizzard-store

I have no problem with transmog gear being available in the store. I still wouldn't buy it, but if someone else wants to, i have no problem with it.

I meant that the store sets would be store only.
    Absolutely not. Not having all content available to you even though you pay a sub fee is bad enough. Everything on the store should be available in-game, either through achievements, drops, rep etc.

Quote Originally Posted by hpa View Post
    This is just one step further in the direction of selling PvE and PvP gear -.-
    But its not going to get to that because blizzard arent retards like you and people with your mindset are

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    Absolutely not. Not having all content available to you even though you pay a sub fee is bad enough. Everything on the store should be available in-game, either through achievements, drops, rep etc.
    Cash shop MMOs (that have a soul) solve this by making it possible to obtain the store-exclusive items via in-game currency, although usually at a less efficient rate vs. just working a minimum wage job (lol).

For example, GW2 lets you convert between Gold and Gems (store currency) and also rewards Gems for some in-game activities. SWTOR makes (nearly) everything you can get in the store listable on their AH.

This is a lot more feasible than implementing specific new gameplay-related content for every Cash Shop treat, since that's 'wasted' dev time. (obviously opinions will vary about that, haha)

Quote Originally Posted by Zawk0n View Post
    But its not going to get to that because blizzard arent retards like you and people with your mindset are
    I could see them eventually selling stuff like Heirlooms via the store. No major MMO with any sense will sell current-content or max-level stat gear for cash anytime soon, although on a long enough timescale who knows (probably longer than the current generation of MMOs).

Deleted
    I would be against it for the reason that I believe that it would lower the quality of the content available in-game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cosmetic sets (no stats) that aren't obtainable by other means are fine.

Deleted
    i think there needs to be a difference, i support custom made content for the store which is not obtainable in the game because if it was obtainable, the elitist jerks would cry they did all their efforts for nothing. Transmog gear should drop from challenge modes, transmog gear (different) should be purchaseble

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as it's unique to the store I'm cool with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Penric View Post
    Nothing wrong with Transmogs in the store. Nothing wrong with more options.
    I take some offence to offering in game items for money in a subscription game, but that's me.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

I'd love to have new fresh and classy transmog sets, even for real money. The ones their artists are drawing for the third expansion in a row are beyond ugly for my priest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Are they gonna start selling fun and excitement in store too ? Feels like the game is lacking those two lately, i would like to buy more.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    I take some offence to offering in game items for money in a subscription game, but that's me.
    I pay monthly for cable yet I still purchase on demand movies when I feel like it. Give the consumers more options, makes everyone happy.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Like the Challenge mode and Shaman set from SoO: Used for mogging and bought from store (no stats).

Your thoughts?
    NO! Transmog is HUGE for me and to see gear in the shop is taking away all the transmog grind fun in gold raids/dung... if they keep doing this They destroy the whole purpose of going back!

YOU see my POINT?

screw this shop.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Penric View Post
    I think this is the prime purpose of the store. To enhance a players gaming experience, be it mounts or pets or even transmog sets. It has zero impact on the game. As others said, the Earned rewards (challenge mode etc etc) shouldn't and wouldn't be in the store. Even Blizzard isnt that crazy.

Heck.. bring on a Benediction replica in the store.. I would buy that in an instant.
    It has impact on the game, anything on the store could be normally earned somewhere in the game.