Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ACES View Post
    Ah, true and that should be account wide too so you can collect all colors. But that's one PvE mount compared to all PvP titles and most PvP mounts. It's a huge disparity.
    Yes because those pvp mounts are awarded the same way as challenge mode mounts and attainable by a small group of players. It's fine that it isn't account wide as it just takes a small grind to get them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    I'll never understand their different standpoint on pvp vs pve mounts. Why is this mount not account wide but a mount like Heroic Garrosh's mount is?
    Because getting a reward on PvP doesn't mean you're able to get it on every class as you might not master them all
    I still find this stupid in the vicious mounts case as getting them is nothing but a stupid grind.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    Because getting a reward on PvP doesn't mean you're able to get it on every class as you might not master them all
    I still find this stupid in the vicious mounts case as getting them is nothing but a stupid grind.
    I'm pretty sure you could use that same logic for the raid mounts of any kind.

To clear up misinfo above, the Grievous Combatant [100 3v3 wins // 40 RBG wins] mount is trade-able both cross-faction (Saber<->Skeletal / Wolf<->Steed) and cross-server to your alts, but the character you learn it on will be the only character you can use it on.

It is a bit meh that you only get one, but you can easily do it on multiple alts (a few evenings is more than enough) as it's just wins and not a specific rating win.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2014-02-05 at 06:01 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    I'm pretty sure you could use that same logic for the raid mounts of any kind.
    No, since mastering a class is piss easy on PvE, all you have to do is your DPS cycle. PvE is more centered about boss strategies that are the same for similar classes.
    If you're able to succesfully respect a boss strategy on X class, you're likely going to be able to do it on every class.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    To clear up misinfo above, the 100 3v3 wins // 40 RBG wins mount is tradeable both cross-faction and cross-server to your alts, but the character you learn it on will be the only character you can use it on.

It is a bit meh that you only get one, but you can easily do it on multiple alts (a few evenings is more than enough) as it's just wins and not a specific rating win.
    But why? You dont have to clear garrosh every week to get 1 mount each time so you can send it to your alts

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Yep, exactly.

Blizz wants the 'I'm insanely skilled with this class' to have rewards exclusive to them, and that makes sense IMO.
    But realm first titles like Death's Demise and The Magic Seeker are account wide and I think earning those fits the definition of being insanely skilled with a class.

Deleted
    No, since mastering a class is piss easy on PvE, all you have to do is your DPS cycle. PvE is more centered about boss strategies that are the same for similar classes.
    If you're able to succesfully respect a boss strategy on X class, you're likely going to be able to do it on every class.
    This is so not true. what about knowing the enemy's class? Experience in arena is the same kind of experience you get while doing raid bosses. Knowing what a class/comp can do is the same as knowing what a raid boss does

Quote Originally Posted by sheetka View Post
    But why? You dont have to clear garrosh every week to get 1 mount each time so you can send it to your alts
    /Shrug. PvE achievements tend to be account-wide like that. PvP has always been more about a single character than a group - in my eyes at least. It's also a lot easier to get the PvP achievement than it is the PvE one (group reliance, not skill/difficulty of content).

10+ Year Old Account
    That particular character earned the bg wins, so only that character can ride it. I think it's stupid too but that's the way it is sadly.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    I'll never understand their different standpoint on pvp vs pve mounts. Why is this mount not account wide but a mount like Heroic Garrosh's mount is?
    Even the basic honor mounts are account wide.

Agreed, it doesn't make much sense. There can't be that many accounts with the mount, so even if every swinging alt uses it, it still won't make them common or anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ACES View Post
    But realm first titles like Death's Demise and The Magic Seeker are account wide and I think earning those fits the definition of being insanely skilled with a class.
    Not really. There were realms out there that did NOT have a few of those titles up when Cata rolled around. Its basically "time invested" there.

When blizz was asked about various non-account wide mounts not being account wide, the reason they gave for em was "Because you probably couldn't earn those mounts on different characters". BS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Deleted
    PvE mounts are a group task that does not take in personal play,

PvP mounts are rewards for that player as the rating is personal.

This is what the pvp players wanted and Blizzard seemed to agree, they wanted something to show what they earned rather than everyone having them as pvp player don't get anything close to what PvEers get.

Deleted
    This is so not true. what about knowing the enemy's class? Experience in arena is the same kind of experience you get while doing raid bosses. Knowing what a class/comp can do is the same as knowing what a raid boss does
    No, it's not, you wont even ulse half of your abilities on PvE. The reason why the PvP mount are only given to a char is because you accomplished the achievement with a certain class, and because you have to know what to do with THIS class against X class when they do X specifically.
    On PvE you'll have to do X thing on X boss depending on the class you play after reading a guide that exactly describe you what should you do. Because of this, and as you wont even use most of your spells, knowing your class 100% is not required, and PvE is not based on knowing your class in any way.

I'm not saying PvP is superior to PvE, but you're clearly trying the "harden" PvE.
    Last edited by mmocafdd20634a; 2014-02-05 at 06:13 PM.

I don't think this is a problem. I hope Vicious mounts won't be account wide.

I'm sorry Kuragalolz, while your argument makes sense for CM or gladiator mounts (only character that earned it can use it to show off your skill with THAT class), it doesn't work for vicious mounts because THEY ARE STILL BOA, so you can use it on a character that never even touched a battleground or arena, so I'm pretty sure that's not the case with these mounts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    I'm sorry Kuragalolz, while your argument makes sense for CM or gladiator mounts (only character that earned it can use it to show off your skill with THAT class), it doesn't work for vicious mounts because THEY ARE STILL BOA, so you can use it on a character that never even touched a battleground or arena, so I'm pretty sure that's not the case with these mounts.
    That's pretty much why I precised I didn't like the idea aswell.

Last edited by mmocafdd20634a; 2014-02-05 at 06:31 PM.

Deleted
    No, it's not, you wont even ulse half of your abilities on PvE. The reason why the PvP mount are only given to a char is because you accomplished the achievement with a certain class, and because you have to know what to do with THIS class against X class when they do X specifically.
    On PvE you'll have to do X thing on X boss depending on the class you play after reading a guide that exactly describe you what should you do. Because of this, and as you wont even use most of your spells, knowing your class 100% is not required, and PvE is not based on knowing your class in any way.

I'm not saying PvP is superior to PvE, but you're clearly trying the "harden" PvE.
    I agree pvp is somewhat harder than pve but I disagree that this should have consequences regarding account wide mounts.

Still, being able to send the item across all of your alts totally eliminates this reasoning

Deleted
    I agree pvp is somewhat harder than pve but I disagree that this should have consequences regarding account wide mounts.

Still, being able to send the item across all of your alts totally eliminates this reasoning
    Never really tried it out but it seem you can send it to your alt, but you can't unlock it, unless he also has the achievement, so you can have both the horse and the wolf (Horde case) on the same char and on the same season.
    Last edited by mmocafdd20634a; 2014-02-05 at 06:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mmm, yes, this is what I meant:
    http://www.wowdb.com/spells/100332-vicious-war-steed

That shows the three different achievement levels and you get a mount for each one. I got one on my priest but kind of stopped PvP'ing and my guild broke up before I got further into the achievements. I knew the second one could be sent to another toon and the third one was account bound. Looks like that might have changed.

Things got a little wonky when they added in the "saddle" token and ability to send account bound items cross realm and cross faction.