Thread: Windwalkers

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Windwalkers

I might as well just roll over dead as soon as they look at me (DK). On my warrior I can prolong my death significantly, but I have never fought a spec 1vs1, aside from a hunter with no LoS, that utterly dominates every single encounter. It seems their toolkit is so complete and so strong that there is really very little weakness.

Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post
    I might as well just roll over dead as soon as they look at me (DK). On my warrior I can prolong my death significantly, but I have never fought a spec 1vs1, aside from a hunter with no LoS, that utterly dominates every single encounter. It seems their toolkit is so complete and so strong that there is really very little weakness.
    That's because WW is an absurdly OP Spec in 1v1 and 2v2, but any more than that and they drop in power substantially.

and have you seen them carrying flags? they can cross the map in a blink!

I am a windwalker and I approve this message

10+ Year Old Account
    I've played one and been on the receiving end of one and they're definitely the best one vs. one class now. Feral no longer holds that mantle and even then, I doubt Feral can beat one.

I blame the amount of crowd control they have on a short cooldown, in addition to their powerful ramp-up burst damage. Feels like Cataclysm Rogue all over again.

Deleted
    They are absolute gods in 1v1 and 2v2.

Even if you kill a Monks partner in 2v2 you have to watch out.
    The 100% slow uptime and a root every few seconds hurts my DK brain

The problem is Blizzard went crazy and gave them every CC in the game, except Fear and Mesmerise
    Last edited by mmoc10bda09cc4; 2014-03-14 at 06:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, Monk just has a completely superior tool kit over Warriors and DK's. The real reason WW is so powerful now is because of the damage scaling. So on top of the superior mechanics WW has over the tunnel bot melee (Warrior, Dk's) they now do comparable and sometimes better damage than them. When agility melee (which always have superior tool kits over strength melee) deal comparable damage to the tunnel bot melee, it basically negates the tunnel bot melee completely because there's basically no reason to bring one.

I honestly don't understand how a serious player can actually even play a DK or Warrior knowing too well that both classes are limited by the low skill cap which effectively destroys the players maximum potential at the game. A serious player is basically forced to play a Monk because that class actually has the tools to control and fuck over other players which is something all skilled players use.

And a question for the OP. Are you some form of masochist for playing a class you fully understand is shit and limits your maximum potential at the game while continuing to play it? If you're a serious player, you have no choice, you have to play a Monk. If you're a casual, scrub or both, you're just going to have to deal with it and just sit there and take it.

Deleted
    seems blizz can't put a new class in without making it OP. Melee hates monks, hunters hate them, even casters. What is their anti class?

Deleted
    Oh no, ww monks are good 1v1 and 2v2? better nerf them so they're not viable in 3v3 anymore as well

what a joke. warriors and hunters are dominating every pvp scenario and a thread about ww monks pop up.

And no I dont play a ww monk

Quote Originally Posted by sheetka View Post
    Oh no, ww monks are good 1v1 and 2v2? better nerf them so they're not viable in 3v3 anymore as well

what a joke. warriors and hunters are dominating every pvp scenario and a thread about ww monks pop up.

And no I dont play a ww monk
    Yet your avatar is the monk class icon?

Deleted
    This QQ is actually pretty funny.
    WW's indeed seem strong in 2v2 at 1200-1500 rating.
    But the fact is: As WW you won't beat a mage, rogue, warrior, unholy-dk, feral or hunter who are equal geared and skilled & know how WW works.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    Yet your avatar is the monk class icon?
    MW monk
    10 chars

Quote Originally Posted by Xarius View Post
    But the fact is: As WW you won't beat a mage, rogue, warrior, unholy-dk, feral or hunter who are equal geared and skilled & know how WW works.
    This.

People need to do some homework on monks, and they will start to know what they can do against, when not to hit a monk etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitheqt View Post
    Feral no longer holds that mantle and even then, I doubt Feral can beat one.
    Ferals beat WW if they are good. Mages beat us if they are good, and BM hunters can beat us.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethidia View Post
    This.

People need to do some homework on monks, and they will start to know what they can do against, when not to hit a monk etc.
    I assumed, perhaps incorrectly, that people posting here can recognize Touch of Karma and Ring of Peace but maybe not....

I play a lock and a DK so decided to roll out a WW alt. Got it up to 90, full grievous and 2x prideful. And now I can attest that this threat is outrageously stupid.

As a monk I lose 100% of my 1v1s versus mages, hunters and rogues. The mage/hunter kiting is just absurd with all the mobility a monk has there is too much CC coming out of these + roots way too often for me to tiger's lust them. I haven't won a single duel versus hunters/mages. Rogues just stun-lock me 2-3x and Im toast.

I lose about 70% of the time to DKs, they just put on too much pressure for me to heal and force me to go defensive. I can beat warriors and sometimes locks (~50%), hybrids are a mixed bag.

Maybe 1v1s in arena with the pillars it could be different but open world duels with no pillars = weak class for dueling imo.

I prefer 1v1s on my lock and DK for sure. 100%. They are just so much better. Just level a WW and see for yourself. You get one 90 for free with WoD anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarius View Post
    Windwalkers are one of the best 2v2 classes no matter what rating you're at.

10+ Year Old Account
    ww counters every melee, especially rogues (unless lolburst of speed)

Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    ww counters every melee and ranged
    Fixed that for you mate.

As much fun as it is to have some guy sit on me relentlessly the entire game, whilst also being able to zoom across the length of the map at will, perma-slowing/rooting me whilst also controlling me with Skill Hand Strike and Ring of Skill, I do agree Monks are a bit much in 1v1 / 2v2.

Plus things like:

"haha this monk sucks he does like no damage.......... WOH SWEET MOTHER OF.. CHRIST POPPING DEFE... FUCKKKKKKKK."

Are wayyyy too common for my liking.
    Last edited by Anzen; 2014-03-14 at 03:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    Fixed that for you mate.

As much fun as it is to have some guy sit on me relentlessly the entire game, whilst also being able to zoom across the length of the map at will, perma-slowing/rooting me whilst also controlling me with Skill Hand Strike and Ring of Skill, I do agree Monks are a bit much in 1v1 / 2v2.

Plus things like:

"haha this monk sucks he does like no damage.......... WOH SWEET MOTHER OF.. CHRIST POPPING DEFE... FUCKKKKKKKK."

Are wayyyy too common for my liking.
    Ever tried to fight a monk + wl?
    It is like: stun (leg sweep) -> stun (FoF) -> horror (coil) -> silence (lock pet)