Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhamses View Post
    Don't ruin the concept by trying to appease the Illidan crowd. It's not worth it, and the concept is cool with just the Tinker and D3 Demon Hunter influences.
    They literally want the WC3 DH with all of its abilities, including the abilities residing in other classes.
    That didn't stop Blizzard from giving Death Knights their Death Coil ability, even if one with the same name already existed in the Warlock class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    That didn't stop Blizzard from giving Death Knights their Death Coil ability, even if one with the same name already existed in the Warlock class.
    A name is about the only thing those two abilities shared.

Don't ruin the concept by trying to appease the Illidan crowd. It's not worth it, and the concept is cool with just the Tinker and D3 Demon Hunter influences.

They literally want the WC3 DH with all of its abilities, including the abilities residing in other classes.
    1st part i agree with.

2nd part is no where close to right so whatever.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    A name is about the only thing those two abilities shared.
    That is the case with Immolation, for one. And like many said: Demon Hunters don't need to have Metamorphosis. After all, lore-wise, only Illidan has that ability after consuming the power within the Skull of Gul'Dan.

How to people seriously expect a demon hunter to work. Be serious for a second You aren't going to run around looking like Illidan. At best you might have tatoos and be a type of melee hybrid. That said we dont need more melee classes and we DO need a class that uses hunter items.

Dark ranger, D3 Demon hunter. Call it what you will its more then likely to be the next class then DEMON HUNTERRRRR.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    How to people seriously expect a demon hunter to work. Be serious for a second You aren't going to run around looking like Illidan. At best you might have tatoos and be a type of melee hybrid. That said we dont need more melee classes and we DO need a class that uses hunter items.

Dark ranger, D3 Demon hunter. Call it what you will its more then likely to be the next class then DEMON HUNTERRRRR.
    only 1 classes uses int plate. saying hunters need competition is annoying.
    the next class will use mail that is for sure. outside that its a mystery.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is the case with Immolation, for one. And like many said: Demon Hunters don't need to have Metamorphosis. After all, lore-wise, only Illidan has that ability after consuming the power within the Skull of Gul'Dan.
    Indeed it is. Except that Warlocks also have Immolation aura which they got from Illidan via metamorphosis.

I always find it amusing when someone says that DHs don't "need" metamorphosis. Of course they need it, it's an iconic Demon Hunter ability and one of the major features of the concept. The only reason people say that the DH doesn't need it is because Warlocks have it. They also say that Illidan isnt needed either.

Lore-wise I suppose you could make the argument that only the most powerful DHs could use metamorphosis. However, if Warlocks learned that move by simply watching Illidan do it, doesn't that sort of make Warlocks a more advanced form of Demon Hunter? After all, isnt Illidan the most powerful DH that has ever lived, and aren't Warlocks siphoning off his abilities? Why play in the minor leagues as a mere DH when you can ascend to higher levels of power as a Demon hybrid?

In short; DH=Weaker form of Warlock.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2014-03-23 at 06:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    only 1 classes uses int plate. saying hunters need competition is annoying.
    the next class will use mail that is for sure. outside that its a mystery.
    As of WoD though, no more INT plate, or AGI mail etc. Though I agree it's most likely next class will be mail.

10+ Year Old Account
    While this is nothing like the Demon Hunter from Warcraft, it is a much better and more translatable version of a tech class than the WC3 Tinker. I do like it better and wouldn't mind seeing this one in game.

Only problem is that it is a little too demon huntery from Diablo 3, but whatever.

Wow, you're just discriminating for the sake of discrimination now.

I wouldn't consider myself part of the 'Illidan' crowd since I'm pushing for a playable Demon Hunter much more similar to this concept that would also have a classic DH spec, and I'm even offended by your comments for being blatantly ignorant. Teriz isn't just selling this character as its own, he's trying to appease the Warcraft Demon Hunter crowd as well. You really have no reason to judge the people who are telling him this class doesn't represent a Warcraft-style Demon Hunter.

No one here is actually saying we need a Warcraft Demon Hunter. Everyone is saying this particular concept does not satisfy the identity of a Warcraft Demn Hunter.

"Should be" and "is" are two completely different things. I like the idea of combining both to satisfy the fanbase, but there's nothing that points towards Blizzard having this kind of concept in their books. Even then I'd still prefer a plain Warglaive-wielding Demon Hunter over some sort of D3 DH and Tinker hybrid.

Quote Originally Posted by Malzra View Post
    As of WoD though, no more INT plate, or AGI mail etc. Though I agree it's most likely next class will be mail.
    a holy pally wearing plate still makes it int plate until he changes specs.

Indeed it is. Except that Warlocks also have Immolation aura which they got from Illidan via metamorphosis.
    Which they can only do while transformed. You don't see any warriors crying 'FOUL!' whenever a warlock does Demonic Leap while transformed, which is basically a carbon-copy of the Warrior's Leap, do you?

I always find it amusing when someone says that DHs don't "need" metamorphosis. Of course they need it, it's an iconic Demon Hunter ability and one of the major features of the concept. The only reason people say that the DH doesn't need it is because Warlocks have it. They also say that Illidan isnt needed either.
    It's not as iconic as you think. Again, lore-wise, no Demon Hunter has that ability, and Illidan only transformed after consuming the Skull of Gul'Dan's power.

Lore-wise I suppose you could make the argument that only the most powerful DHs could use metamorphosis. However, if Warlocks learned that move by simply watching Illidan do it, doesn't that sort of make Warlocks a more advanced form of Demon Hunter?
    That is a bad argument. A really bad one. Have you thought that maybe Demon Hunters don't change into a demon because it's a line they don't want to cross? They 'fight fire with fire', but maybe too much 'fire' may end up burning them.

After all, isnt Illidan the most powerful DH that has ever lived, and aren't Warlocks siphoning off his abilities? Why play in the minor leagues as a mere DH when you can ascend to higher levels of power as a Demon hybrid?
    The most powerful? Doubtful. I haven't seen canon sources saying he is the most powerful, only that he is the first. Besides, after turning into a demon, it could be easily argued he stopped being considered a demon hunter. After all, using your comparison, why would someone be a warrior, playing in the 'minor leagues', when they could be paladins, doing all a warrior could do in the battlefield PLUS the addition of holy magic to protect them?

In short; DH=Weaker form of Warlock.
    Wrong.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    id be pretty content with them never releasing another class. it personally is a little over the top there are so many as it is.

unless its something truly phenomenal, which unfortunately your idea(s) does not, then i dont see them implementing it. theyve already stated how big of a nightmare it is to balance the 30+ specs they have and feel like the monk was somewhat disappointing, so i really feel like theyre going to take a break from releasing another class anytime soon.

id expect the next expansion to feature new races. regardless its going to be probably be 2+ years before you hear/read anything about the possibility of a new class come out of blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by dokilar View Post
    id be pretty content with them never releasing another class. it personally is a little over the top there are so many as it is.

unless its something truly phenomenal, which unfortunately your idea(s) does not, then i dont see them implementing it. theyve already stated how big of a nightmare it is to balance the 30+ specs they have and feel like the monk was somewhat disappointing, so i really feel like theyre going to take a break from releasing another class anytime soon.

id expect the next expansion to feature new races. regardless its going to be probably be 2+ years before you hear/read anything about the possibility of a new class come out of blizzard
    so you want blizzard to add more races that they will just ignore? yeah i rather they not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Which they can only do while transformed. You don't see any warriors crying 'FOUL!' whenever a warlock does Demonic Leap while transformed, which is basically a carbon-copy of the Warrior's Leap, do you?
    Probably because Heroic Leap does AoE damage on impact.

It's not as iconic as you think. Again, lore-wise, no Demon Hunter has that ability, and Illidan only transformed after consuming the Skull of Gul'Dan's power.
    In TBC all the major Illidari DHs had that ability. Did they all consume the skull?

That is a bad argument. A really bad one. Have you thought that maybe Demon Hunters don't change into a demon because it's a line they don't want to cross? They 'fight fire with fire', but maybe too much 'fire' may end up burning them.
    That's conjecture. In the history of WoW, the majority, not the minority of fully trained DHs had metamorphosis.

The most powerful? Doubtful. I haven't seen canon sources saying he is the most powerful, only that he is the first. Besides, after turning into a demon, it could be easily argued he stopped being considered a demon hunter. After all, using your comparison, why would someone be a warrior, playing in the 'minor leagues', when they could be paladins, doing all a warrior could do in the battlefield PLUS the addition of holy magic to protect them?
    Because there's plenty of examples of Warriors being as powerful, if not more powerful than Paladins.

Do you have any examples of a DH more powerful than Illidan?

I seriously doubt it.

Wrong.
    All the evidence points to that conclusion.

In TBC all the major Illidari DHs had that ability. Did they all consume the skull?

That's conjecture. In the history of WoW, the majority, not the minority of fully trained DHs had metamorphosis.

Because there's plenty of examples of Warriors being as powerful, if not more powerful than Paladins.

Do you have any examples of a DH more powerful than Illidan?

I seriously doubt it.

illidari demon hunters would not be anywhere close to what the playable demon hunters would be. stop using them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    illidari demon hunters would not be anywhere close to what the playable demon hunters would be. stop using them.
    You're right. The Illidari DHs would be more powerful.....

seeing as you refuse to listen to reason and only care about your useless tinkers. i just going to ignore you from now.

And almost no warriors use it for the damage, but for gap-closing or to quickly escape something.

There. I boldened the important part. Illidari demon hunters. Illidari demon hunters are akin to Garrosh's Dark Shamans. You don't see player shamans around with a spell that unleashes a rain of oozes, or one that calls a huge meteor from the sky, or infects them with a disease that deals more damage over time, do you?

And yet you can't show proof of any non-Illidari DHs with that ability.

Oh? Tyrion would wipe the floor with Varian's chin in a fight, and Varian is the most powerful warrior in Azeroth right now. Paladins have a huge advantage and superiority to warriors because they can wield the magic of the Light.

No, just your thoughts lead to that conclusion.

- - - Updated - - -

And Dark Shamans are more powerful than playable Shamans. Your point?