Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    You pay your dues like we all did by going in as a scrub and gearing up. It sucks, but we all had to do it.

Even someone in shit gear can still toss out CCs to the benefit of their team. I've seen some clutch CCs that have decided how BGs go. You do your best to aid the well geared players on your team, not try and toe-to-toe the well geared players on the other team and expect to win.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    I enjoy camping filthy alliance in my PvE gear when on the isle of thunder. Made 100 honour from killing one person over and over again at one point, he eventually logged off though.
    You are the filthy one. People like you deserve a good asskicking RL so you get some perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Voisier View Post
    Apart from it will take you 2 weeks + to gear up from this since a full honor set costs 22k or 27k honor can't remember which.
    Honestly, if you're only looking to cap 2v2 at low rating, 7250 honor is the number you're looking at. Get the weapon(s), get into 2's, get your ass kicked. But you will win some, eventually.

Yep, it will take a good while to gear up using the described honor methods - but it will be completely stress free if you leave out "Win of the day". Ra ra ra PvE to PvP. I realize it's not for everyone

Deleted
    here are your options.

1. Daily rares.
    2. thunder isle dailies.
    3. TB and Wintergrasp.
    4. Queue with a tank in pve and JP covnert.
    5. Getting geared guildies to help you win random bgs.
    6. Join solo and take it like a man until you get enough.

Honestly I am sick of these persons who come to random BGs without doing any effort.

Yesterday 3 guys out of 10 were barely reaching 300k, their gear was atrocious so I asked: " guys why don't you at least grab the 496 gear from the timelost island?" Not even talking about PvP daylies. The answer I got was "we're too lazy and we don't give a crap".

A portion of the player base is really the dregs of humanity.

I just understand less and less what's going on with the players; between these kind of guys who just want to get carried by the rest of the team/raid, the ones who are constantly AFK, the bots, etc... Why do these people even bother paying a monthly fee and sit in front of their PC? their not playing the game. I don't recall it was that bad early on in BC or even in Wrath.

Anyway...

(and yes I do also some arenas why one friend and no I am not forced to do random BGs but I used to like it)

sorry for the rant.
    "I win because I'm a ninja. I kill everybody else because they suck ass. To even play a rogue takes an enormous amount of skill beyond what noobs like you could even imagine." Kishkumen, World of Roguecraft 2.

Just out of curiosity, is the PVP gear 550 or 540? Armory shows 540 but in game when someone links me, it's 550.

522 - honor gear
    540 - conquest gear
    "I win because I'm a ninja. I kill everybody else because they suck ass. To even play a rogue takes an enormous amount of skill beyond what noobs like you could even imagine." Kishkumen, World of Roguecraft 2.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    I enjoy camping filthy alliance in my PvE gear when on the isle of thunder. Made 100 honour from killing one person over and over again at one point, he eventually logged off though.
    Here is a cookie for you!

That's a relevant excuse only for people playing on PvP servers. Here's you cookie.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnu View Post
    522 - honor gear
    540 - conquest gear
    False. Conquest gear is ilevel 550. The 540 in the armory is a bug.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Edx View Post
    Because it doesn't matter. With resilience as high as it is you're a useless piece of shit who can't kill anything until you get at least your grievous weapon, trinkets and set pieces.
    Exactly, and farming honour even by losing is more efficient.

you might not kill anything but at least you can support your team a bit better if you don't explode in 2s. But apparently people don't mind carrying useless players in BGs so why these people should care if the rest think it's acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Littlepinch View Post
    If you want to gear up for pvp, all you have to do is

1) Do the pvp dailies out on the thunder isle ( 10 mins of work yields about 600 + Honor and 50 Con )
    2) Win of the Day ( again about 400-500 Honor and 125 Con )
    3) Wintergrasp ( 500-600 Honor Here )
    4) Tol Barad ( Another 500 Honor )
    5) Karasang Wilds Rares ( 300 Honor for First Kill of the Day )

Doing just these everyday will be all you need to gear up for pvp ( All of these takes about 1 hour of time in all to do )

Hope this Helps Someone Cheers
    I doubt all recently dinged players can do 1 and 5 while still using their quest greens.
    I remember having to help a friend with the Thunder Isle PvP boss, and it hit quite hard, i was 470 at the time
    Not to mention you may get stuck in 1v5 wintergrasp or tol barad, or being unable to get tag on a krasarang pvp rare(I believe they are still normal tag)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    Just out of curiosity, is the PVP gear 550 or 540? Armory shows 540 but in game when someone links me, it's 550.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnu View Post
    522 - honor gear
    540 - conquest gear
    Conquest gear is 550. The armory is bugged because the gear was originally 540 on PTR but quickly updated to 550 just before it came live (seems the armory wasn't updated with it though).
    Last edited by Anzen; 2014-03-27 at 02:01 PM.

If you want to gear up for pvp, all you have to do is

1) Do the pvp dailies out on the thunder isle ( 10 mins of work yields about 600 + Honor and 50 Con )
    2) Win of the Day ( again about 400-500 Honor and 125 Con )
    3) Wintergrasp ( 500-600 Honor Here )
    4) Tol Barad ( Another 500 Honor )
    5) Karasang Wilds Rares ( 300 Honor for First Kill of the Day )

Doing just these everyday will be all you need to gear up for pvp ( All of these takes about 1 hour of time in all to do )

2 weeks before Season 15 I decided to pvp onm my druid which had ilvl 489ish, all from timeless chest runs.

Here is my input to boosted 483 toons:
    1) Set your hearthstone to Thunder Isle, but you will need to do the entry quest line which will take an hour or so if you are the grind-y type (I am not and questing for more than 20 minutes is too long for me.)

In 483 gear you will not complete these in 10 minutes. So put aside 20 minutes to complete, more if you are a healer. If you are dps I recommend Queing for random dungeon. If healer wait till you are returning all quests.

2) Run a random dungeon. If you are a healer, talk about relaxing.... When I did SoO was still new and getting just 1 dps in SoO gear meant a 15 minute run. Tanks dont need heals, unless they are 483 gear too lol!. If you get 2 dps doing 100k or that special ret paly who thinks his 100k dps means he can tank you will have a easy run, well worth the time.

If you get a good group try to run at least 2-3 if not 4 chain runs till group burns out. I figured 4 runs per hour is reasonable chain grouping which equates to 1000 honor per hour.

Littlepinch suggested Win of the Day. This is just not viable, as 2 losses could mean your getting enough honor per time spent. Average que times and win ratio also make this worse. Going in with 300k health just makes everyone else there pissed off. You are hurting your faction and the 9+ people by going in with 483 gear. Wait till you have at least the trinket, weapon, and one 2 other pieces of 522 gear.

3) Only do Wintergrasp once per week (winning that is) as time per honor is not worth it. Its still annoying to get seige machines.

4) TB on CD, its the best bang for the buck. Even losing gets a fair chunk of honor, never avoid. But if you are in greens just try to cap rogue bases, a free HK helps nothing

5) Krasang are also worth flying over once per day, again I recommend the dungeon que tactic while getting there.

All of these will a take a lot longer than 1 hr. I really am not sure how the hell you got that number as flying, que-ing, and just waiting for TB or WG will take that long lol. All in all I usually spent 2 hours tops in game, very casually over the course of two weeks was in full 522 gear. Maybe 20 hours actual play time

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by morislayer View Post
    2 weeks before Season 15 I decided to pvp onm my druid which had ilvl 489ish, all from timeless chest runs.

Here is my input to boosted 483 toons:
    1) Set your hearthstone to Thunder Isle, but you will need to do the entry quest line which will take an hour or so if you are the grind-y type (I am not and questing for more than 20 minutes is too long for me.)

In 483 gear you will not complete these in 10 minutes. So put aside 20 minutes to complete, more if you are a healer. If you are dps I recommend Queing for random dungeon. If healer wait till you are returning all quests.

2) Run a random dungeon. If you are a healer, talk about relaxing.... When I did SoO was still new and getting just 1 dps in SoO gear meant a 15 minute run. Tanks dont need heals, unless they are 483 gear too lol!. If you get 2 dps doing 100k or that special ret paly who thinks his 100k dps means he can tank you will have a easy run, well worth the time.

If you get a good group try to run at least 2-3 if not 4 chain runs till group burns out. I figured 4 runs per hour is reasonable chain grouping which equates to 1000 honor per hour.

Littlepinch suggested Win of the Day. This is just not viable, as 2 losses could mean your getting enough honor per time spent. Average que times and win ratio also make this worse. Going in with 300k health just makes everyone else there pissed off. You are hurting your faction and the 9+ people by going in with 483 gear. Wait till you have at least the trinket, weapon, and one 2 other pieces of 522 gear.

3) Only do Wintergrasp once per week (winning that is) as time per honor is not worth it. Its still annoying to get seige machines.

4) TB on CD, its the best bang for the buck. Even losing gets a fair chunk of honor, never avoid. But if you are in greens just try to cap rogue bases, a free HK helps nothing

5) Krasang are also worth flying over once per day, again I recommend the dungeon que tactic while getting there.

All of these will a take a lot longer than 1 hr. I really am not sure how the hell you got that number as flying, que-ing, and just waiting for TB or WG will take that long lol. All in all I usually spent 2 hours tops in game, very casually over the course of two weeks was in full 522 gear. Maybe 20 hours actual play time
    To be totally honest, i'm also a lazy bastard when it comes to grinding out gear. All i did out of my 5 options were 1 and 2. It took me 1.5 weeks doing options 1-2 to go from 0 pvp gear to full pvp gear with 3 + prideful. ( Also don't forget to kill celestials each week and coin on him ). And yes doing option 1 and 2 only will take less then 1-2 hours.

To the people saying win of the day isn't an option ( you must not be on a populated server for your faction ) because in all honesty my server wins about 60%-70% of games played. So for most people on good servers the win of the day is not out of reach.

if I don't win my first match of the day - the 2nd is most often a win.

As long as you take the time to do the pvp dailies on the thunder isle and do bg's till a win of the day, you will be geared in less then 2 weeks ( not a bad gearing up time frame )

Doing just the pvp dailies and getting 1 win with a few non wins mixed in will net you anywhere from 1-2k honor per day with minimal effort.
    Last edited by Littlepinch; 2014-03-27 at 02:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voisier View Post
    Apart from it will take you 2 weeks + to gear up from this since a full honor set costs 22k or 27k honor can't remember which.
    You're forgetting the conquest from victories, gear fill-ins from celestials, and potential epics to fill in the gaps. Going into BGs with a PvP weapon and trinket with LFR or Flex gear filling in the other slots isn't the worst thing in the world.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    You're forgetting the conquest from victories, gear fill-ins from celestials, and potential epics to fill in the gaps. Going into BGs with a PvP weapon and trinket with LFR or Flex gear filling in the other slots isn't the worst thing in the world.
    Especially since a large portion of the PvP power is on the weapon/offhand/trinkets.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Doing BGs is the worst way to grind for honor gear, it is far more efficient to run heroic dungeons and get pvp gear by changing your JP to Honor.

What are random bgs even for these days ?

Do the pvp dailies out on the thunder isle ( 10 mins of work yields about 600 + Honor and 50 Con )
    All those months, I totally forgot about the possibility of farming honor on IoT

Karasang Wilds Rares ( 300 Honor for First Kill of the Day )
    And I never knew you get honor for killing these! (I assume you meant only the faction-rares?)

So thanks for that this just might get me motivated again to gear up another character for PvP