Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    In the volcanic ashlands of northwestern Georgia (Also known as Atlanta).
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    They don't look barbaric. They look like peons.
    Even peons never hunched
    Some people really like flavor. Occasionally subsisting on nutrient paste just doesn't feel the same as eating a steak. I get that flavor isn't for everyone, but I doubt removing all cosmetic indicators from the game would be appealing either. Nobody want to log in, queue to fight modestly sized blue checked box boss #7, initiate combat using an attack sequence of abilities 1-7 with a 13 beat repeat coda intermittently, and collect item level 630 slot 7 gear either.

10+ Year Old Account
    It must be depressing, for artists like Chris G. robinson, to draw really great concept art of characters like Grom like this:

only to end up seeing the finished ingame model looking like a hunched over parody of his design.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    It must be depressing, for artists like Chris G. robinson, to draw really great concept art of characters like Grom like this:

only to end up seeing the finished ingame model looking like a hunched over parody of his design.
    except he is also a part of a modeling process

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychotrip View Post
    Even peons never hunched
    the peons were hunched because there is a segment in lore explaining why, they are hunched because of having spent years doing back breaking work, carrying supplies and ores and stuff, so they develop a hunch because of this reason.
    Orcs who are not peons are not meant to be hunched, because they would be giving the backbreaking jobs to the peons.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    Because, dunno which dev but one outright said they would 'focus on keeping the charactrer models the same design just updated', out of fear if they change things like posture it would make people quit...

Except, you know, when they did it with goblins.
    While I agree with your point of view, it's important to realize that, given their own argument, changing the Goblins would be "okay" since they weren't a playable race.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomaz View Post
    except he is also a part of a modeling process
    Ah so he is. Well, one has to wonder how he thinks of his design looking like this in the end, it also looks like wishful thinking in drawing them with straight backs when knowing they will not have this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hildefuns View Post
    While I agree with your point of view, it's important to realize that, given their own argument, changing the Goblins would be "okay" since they weren't a playable race.
    even so, I do remember people saying back in cata, that the goblin redesign, while good and better looking then the original, made it look like goblins went from this witty, intelligent and crazy creatures, to looking like they spent decades on crystal meth and this was the aftermath.
    #boycottchina

Ah so he is. Well, one has to wonder how he thinks of his design looking like this in the end, it also looks like wishful thinking in drawing them with straight backs when knowing they will not have this.
    well, one thing that is important to realize that final outcome rarely looks like the drawn design.
    totally agree on making the warlords statuesque, players must remain hunched over tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    the peons were hunched because there is a segment in lore explaining why, they are hunched because of having spent years doing back breaking work, carrying supplies and ores and stuff, so they develop a hunch because of this reason.
    Orcs who are not peons are not meant to be hunched, because they would be giving the backbreaking jobs to the peons.
    In the actual game they were not hunched over. There's only one piece of artwork with a peon "hunched" and that's because he's carrying a massive sack of gold on his back.
    Some people really like flavor. Occasionally subsisting on nutrient paste just doesn't feel the same as eating a steak. I get that flavor isn't for everyone, but I doubt removing all cosmetic indicators from the game would be appealing either. Nobody want to log in, queue to fight modestly sized blue checked box boss #7, initiate combat using an attack sequence of abilities 1-7 with a 13 beat repeat coda intermittently, and collect item level 630 slot 7 gear either.

For better or worse, the hunch isn't going anywhere because blizz doesn't want to 'change' the player models, just 'update' them, so like it or not orcs are stuck with them forever.

10+ Year Old Account

http://i.imgur.com/BsuUNzs.jpg

One could argue that his head is tilted back and upward abit in this drawing, but that's probably just my perception

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomaz View Post
    well, one thing that is important to realize that final outcome rarely looks like the drawn design.
    totally agree on making the warlords statuesque, players must remain hunched over tho.
    I'd be fine with that, at least make the heroes and lore character look right.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Detheavn View Post
    One could argue that his head is tilted back and upward abit in this drawing, but that's probably just my perception
    It's worth noting that all of his artwork, and all of Blizzard's official artwork on orcs shows them standing up straight. The only time they're not standing straight is when they're in their combat stance. This is why it's so annoying. If orcs were ALWAYS hunched I'd be fine with it, but Blizzard has been teasing us for a decade with this. They've even started making orcs strand up straight for cutscenes. Meanwhile my hero whose now considered a "champion of the horde" seems to have a painfully broken spine.

At least give us an OPTION. Most of the animations wouldn't have to change and it would even FIX the clipping problems orcs have with their gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernardblack View Post
    If you don't like playing Orcs you can always just try one of the many other races. As for me, I'd like to keep my Orc as it is.
    If you don't like playing Orcs, you can always just try one of the many other races. As for me, I'd like to have my Orc's posture a little different.

Thrall's model is just a tad TOO upright for my tastes. Whereas current Orc in-game models look like they have their backs broken. I'd like my orcs standing proud and fierce, just not humanish like thrall.

A happy medium is what I'd go for.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinryu View Post
    I personally like the Hunch, it means a great deal to me as an orc. Wow's original design was when you picked orc or human as a race you weren't starting out as a "Grunt" or "Knight" that already had battle prowess, but rather you were a Peon / Peasant working your way up the military ladder, a 'Fresh Recruit" so to speak...so yes, i have my hunch because I am the one that did all the manual labor building towns and cities....and i'm Fresh to the fight (when i start the character) and i earn my title of HERO instead of just being born an overpowered unit in the army
    Nooooope. You don't "start" as a Peon, as Peon isn't a rank, it's basically an orc with DOWNS. You are BORN as a peon.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychotrip View Post
    In the actual game they were not hunched over. There's only one piece of artwork with a peon "hunched" and that's because he's carrying a massive sack of gold on his back.
    well:

The label of peon denotes the lowest station amongst those in the Orcish Horde. Inferior in all skills of worth, these dogs are relegated to menial tasks such as harvesting lumber and mining gold. Their labor is also required for the construction and maintenance of buildings necessary to support the vast undertakings of the Horde. Pity the poor peon, working from dusk to dawn, slaving away in the service of the orc and Horde. Peons are permanently bent from years of labor. These expressionless orcs trudge in their duty, a large sack slouched over malformed shoulders that are broader than any soldier's. Commonly treated with contempt, the wise Horde chief knows that without these sturdy little guys, the Horde war machine would grind to a halt. They are nearly worthless in combat, which is why they prefer to hide in burrows and throw spears out the windows, if it comes to that.[1] Downtrodden, the orc peons slave thanklessly to please their overseers.[1] While it is rare, it is possible for a peon of the Dragonmaw to rise from the dregs to attain a new rank, like that of Overseer.
    This said, the importance of the peon is recognized in the holiday Peon Day.

See there is a reason why peons are hunched, so it at least gives cause and effect to them.
    but for normal orcs, there is no reason for it.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Nooooope. You don't "start" as a Peon, as Peon isn't a rank, it's basically an orc with DOWNS. You are BORN as a peon.
    I'm pretty sure Orc peons are just like Human peons. They're just laborers, they weren't "born" to the role at all (that said, maybe a bio or npc somewhere claims Peons are born to the role, I'm not sure)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    pretty much, they are the special needs orcs who can't fight and only good for carrying things. Thrall made sure peons were treated well under his rule, dunno if that changed with garrosh, but likely it did.
    #boycottchina

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by delicousaids View Post
    I'm pretty sure Orc peons are just like Human peons. They're just laborers, they weren't "born" to the role at all (that said, maybe a bio or npc somewhere claims Peons are born to the role, I'm not sure)
    They are born that way, it's been canon-lore since Warcraft 2. Those who are too small, too weak, too stupid to do anything but carry things, harvest thing ands construct things become a Peon - anyone else becomes something greater.

- - - Updated - - -

pretty much, they are the special needs orcs who can't fight and only good for carrying things. Thrall made sure peons were treated well under his rule, dunno if that changed with garrosh, but likely it did.
    "With the rise of Thrall, peons began being treated in a gentler manner, at least by Thrall and the Frostwolves. Thrall makes continuous movements to make sure peons are treated as equals in the society of the New Horde. Despite this, some of the other upper class orcs, like the Kor'kron, still continue to mistreat peons as such, especially when Thrall is not around."

Since the Garrosh reign was the epitome of "When Thrall is not around", I think you can be quite sure that the harrasment of the Peon caste began anew.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    Makes sense. If they stop beating the players of Horde Faction, Alliance Players would quit the game.
    Oh Wait they don't quit, they just Bully the ENTIRE Company to death.
    Would someone already ban this "poster", this is his 4th or 5th post blaming the Alliance for Blizzard not fulfilling his personal wishes. If this isn't trolling, I don't know what is...

By the way, my main is an Orc, and I like the way they are now, thank you very much.