View Poll Results: Do you support legislating against circumcision?

Voters
664. This poll is closed
  • Yes i view it as totally unneeded bar for medical necessity.

389 58.58%
  • No, i believe parents should ultimately have the choice to decide.

122 18.37%
  • This is a non-issue for me and i have no real opinion.

63 9.49%
  • Popcorn time.

90 13.55%
Page 71 of 77 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    I would like the religious pro-circumcision people tell us what is the religious purpose of removing foreskin?

I don't remember reading about Jesus or any other religious figure saying that "eat this bread, it's my body. drink this wine, it's my blood. eat this meat jerky, it's my foreskin"
    I am NEVER going to be able to get that imagery out of my head....thanks....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinali View Post
    Female is the base, not male.
    Quite, but notice I said '' underdeveloped foreskin ''.

The clitoral hood is foreskin-ish, but it is not called foreskin. Not officially, at least.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinali View Post
    Female is the base, not male.
    Yeah I think I read somewhere that males are born with clitoris, too. It develops further becoming penis and gland.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Deleted
    I would like the religious pro-circumcision people tell us what is the religious purpose of removing foreskin?

I don't remember reading about Jesus or any other religious figure saying that "eat this bread, it's my body. drink this wine, it's my blood. eat this meat jerky, it's my foreskin"
    Jews and Muslims don't really like Jesus and Christians aren't bad enough to mutilate kids.

In the old Testament Abram made his covenant to god by lopping off the tip of his foreskin (not the whole thing) with a pointy rock. So then God is like "you are devoted, I shall give you an extra syllabol on your name, go forth and be known as Abraham, and may your people also barbarically mutilate themselves (but I'm all out of rah, so tell them to look elsewhere)"

Deleted
    Yeah I think I read somewhere that males are born with clitoris, too. It develops further becoming penis and gland.
    The gland is part of the penis.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    In the old Testament Abram made his covenant to god by lopping off the tip of his foreskin (not the whole thing) with a pointy rock. So then God is like "you are devoted, I shall give you an extra syllabol on your name, go forth and be known as Abraham, and may your people also barbarically mutilate themselves (but I'm all out of rah, so tell them to look elsewhere)"
    So technically, in order to please God then a man should do it to himself using a sharp rock, I bet God is pissed that people are cheating him by doing it to kids using surgical instruments. They are spoiling his lulz.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffHast View Post
    Jews and Muslims don't really like Jesus and Christians aren't bad enough to mutilate kids.
    American Christians circumcise their boys. It's not just Jewish and Muslim thing.

The gland is part of the penis.
    Yeah well I meant the clitoris becomes the gland and the other part of the penis is just some weird musclething
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    So technically, in order to please God then a man should do it to himself using a sharp rock, I bet God is pissed that people are cheating him by doing it to kids using surgical instruments. They are spoiling his lulz.
    He never said that. He just asked Abraham's people to do it. I don't follow Abraham, so I'll keep my foreskin tyvm.

Deleted
    American Christians circumcise their boys. It's not just Jewish and Muslim thing.

Yeah well I meant the clitoris becomes the gland and the other part of the penis is just some weird musclething
    American Christians don't do it because of religion. They do it because they are brainwashed to think it is normal, helpful or whatever.

And the penis isn't muscle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Half right, Muslims do like Jesus and regard him as a prophet, but Jews don't.

Christians aren't required to circumcise their children, as the New Testament says they don't have to, but Jews and Muslims take their orders for circumcision from the Old Testament.

Deleted
    They see him as a prophet, but not God, as far as I know.

10+ Year Old Account
    For non-Jewish/Muslim Americans it was started as a way of inhibiting sexual desire - apparently they were wanking too much.

15+ Year Old Account
    Christians don't see Jesus as God either......

Deleted
    Yeah, they do.

The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit. They are all God.

10+ Year Old Account
    They still like him, he's regarded as one of their holiest men, iirc they regard Muhammed as the next prophet after Jesus.

Of the three Abrahimic religions, only Christianity regards a human as divine, or divine-ish, depending on the particular brand.

Deleted
    Still, I'd feel insulted if people demoted me from God to just Prophet.

Pretty bumer, imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, they do.

The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit. They are all God.

Isn't that just Catholicism though? Eastern rite and Western rite had a thousand year schism over interpretation of Jesus' nature.*

*It was slightly more than that.

Deleted
    Christians don't see Jesus as God either......
    The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit are as one according to the Bible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Isn't that just Catholicism though? Eastern rite and Western rite had a thousand year schism over interpretation of Jesus' nature.*

*It was slightly more than that.
    I am Orthodox, and The Trinity is -all- God.

No doubts about it.