Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Mythic Trinkets in WoD

Mythic gear will be very close to conquest in wpvp, and will be between honor and conquest in instanced pvp. Weapons and armor will be no issue since the formula is exactly the same as pvp gear, but I see problems with trinkets with different procs. We don't know the options for trinkets but there is a huge chance for disaster.

Blizzard should make sure that no one is forced to run mythic raids to get bis trinket for pvp (especially in wpvp where mythic is even stronger).
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    Mythic gear will be very close to conquest in wpvp, and will be between honor and conquest in instanced pvp. Weapons and armor will be no issue since the formula is exactly the same as pvp gear, but I see problems with trinkets with different procs. We don't know the options for trinkets but there is a huge chance for disaster.

Blizzard should make sure that no one is forced to run mythic raids to get bis trinket for pvp (especially in wpvp where mythic is even stronger).
    They will probably do the same thing they did in MOP. PvE trinkets will be less effective, proc less.. proc for less... or just not work. in PvP.

Currently legendary cloaks and meta don't proc in PvP anywhere, so I wouldn't be worried about it.
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

Quote Originally Posted by Cirayne24 View Post
    They will probably do the same thing they did in MOP. PvE trinkets will be less effective, proc less.. proc for less... or just not work. in PvP.

Currently legendary cloaks and meta don't proc in PvP anywhere, so I wouldn't be worried about it.
    They should be tuning the numbers well so we don't have side effects though. For example shadopan trinket was "nerfed" from 8800 for 20 sec to 4400 for 40 sec which was actually not a nerf at all for many classes.
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.

You're right... but that also means they are aware that PvE shouldn't cross into PvP and vice versa (outside wPvP). Currently double PVP trinkets have bonus effect for increased Resil. So with Resil out, they might add another bonus.
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

Think they'll keep trinket set bonus
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    *WOW-Killer, a mythological MMO which would pull 7 million players away from WOW. As of yet no MMO has been worthy of this title. Some feel it will be heralded by a star in the East and 3 wise nerds.

another thing on this topic is: how are they going to make trinkets so that human racial isn't ovepowered for the 4th expansion?

unique-equipped tag on the proc and on-use?

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    another thing on this topic is: how are they going to make trinkets so that human racial isn't ovepowered for the 4th expansion?

Probably nothing. I vaguely remember reading something about comparing EMFH and WotF and Blizzard saying that minus 30 sec. shared CD, Undead have double trinket and humans give that up for double DPS.

Personally, I still think that Racials should be mirrored across factions (or removed)... but that's been beating to the ground through multiple threads.

If you do look at it, Humans give up huge amount of Crit/Spirit/Stamina, to get that little bit of Pvp power and the trinket proc. Aint defending it, but people would seem rather blind at the trinkets usually,
    Also, on use trinket does not stack with Engineering gloves, which is a thing to consider, although they probably remove it by WoD

Quote Originally Posted by Alextros View Post
    Also, on use trinket does not stack with Engineering gloves, which is a thing to consider, although they probably remove it by WoD
    All combat benefits from professions are removed in WOD.

I'd say there is a high probability that they keep some sort of PVP-trinket set bonus intact. Even with resilience gone, something like -10-15% damage taken would be reasonable. No way any PVE trinket would have greater offensive value than such a defensive bonus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alextros View Post
    If you do look at it, Humans give up huge amount of Crit/Spirit/Stamina, to get that little bit of Pvp power and the trinket proc. Aint defending it, but people would seem rather blind at the trinkets usually,
    3,5% crit vs + 4,75% pvp power and 4765 int/str/agi for 20s on use. Which dps class would prefer the first one? It's double up in pvp: you deal more by gain 4.7k of your main stat and pvp power scales linear with that. For many specs that is a massive difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenga View Post
    3,5% crit vs + 4,75% pvp power and 4765 int/str/agi for 20s on use. Which dps class would prefer the first one? It's double up in pvp: you deal more by gain 4.7k of your main stat and pvp power scales linear with that. For many specs that is a massive difference.
    Don't forget though, besides sacrificing the crit/spirit/stamina they also sacrifice a racial. A human rogue potentially sacrifices damage for let's say an extra fear break, or a chance to immune an ability (shadowmeld).

Quote Originally Posted by Ermahgerd View Post
    Don't forget though, besides sacrificing the crit/spirit/stamina they also sacrifice a racial. A human rogue potentially sacrifices damage for let's say an extra fear break, or a chance to immune an ability (shadowmeld).
    Which also works the other way too. Other races sacrifice whatever other racials for extra trinket

The extra damage reduction from the 2 piece pvp trinket set bonus is BiS for pvp. I don't see things changing anytime soon.

People who complain about human racial are usually less than 1200 rated players looking for an excuse. It's not that OP. Best pvp racial in the game is arcane torrent (I main a belf too before you get all pissy). Go look at the arena brackets. Most of the top players are horde. The human racial is good, but it's not as good as most low rated players make it out to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearth View Post
    The extra damage reduction from the 2 piece pvp trinket set bonus is BiS for pvp. I don't see things changing anytime soon.

People who complain about human racial are usually less than 1200 rated players looking for an excuse. It's not that OP. Best pvp racial in the game is arcane torrent (I main a belf too before you get all pissy). Go look at the arena brackets. Most of the top players are horde. The human racial is good, but it's not as good as most low rated players make it out to be.
    go look at EU rankings

top 150 all alliance and at least half are human.

And yes it's every bit as good as I think it is.

In World PvP it will probably be close but remember that pvp has damage reduction and no reduced proc rate.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Here, have a cookie:

https://twitter.com/holinka/status/462283369066135552

PvP Trinkets will have same stats as PvE Trinkets, but having dual PvP trinkets will still give a damage reduction against other players.

Also, PvP Power and PvP Resilience are gone from all gear. Item Squish will normalize a lot of low level gear.

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    Here, have a cookie:

https://twitter.com/holinka/status/462283369066135552

PvP Trinkets will have same stats as PvE Trinkets, but having dual PvP trinkets will still give a damage reduction against other players.

Also, PvP Power and PvP Resilience are gone from all gear. Item Squish will normalize a lot of low level gear.
    so humans will still be overpowered

fantastic

so humans will still be overpowered

fantastic
    They haven't decided what to do with human racials yet.

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    They haven't decided what to do with human racials yet.
    wasn't the status quo: they're not changing it?