View Poll Results: Who Emerges Victorious in a Fight to the Death?

Voters
1875. This poll is closed
  • Arthas

859 45.81%
  • Grom

1,016 54.19%
Page 31 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Canitnerd View Post
    I mean that its not weapon v weapon, its weilder v weilder. The souls inside frostmourne press against the walls of their prison, making frostmourne vulnerable to sundering. Thats why tirion was able to break it, and hellscream has already shown the ability to break demon forged gear.

I'm fairly certain the canon lore behind frostmourne is Ashbringer + This bullshit "Light" Everyone is talking about.
    Grom has neither. Frostmourne was the Alcatraz of soul prisons. They weren't weakening the blade in any way shape or form.

Arthas was down 109 votes about an hour ago, now the gap is only 71
    Last edited by Shanur; 2010-08-31 at 04:04 PM.

Double postlol
    Last edited by Canitnerd; 2010-08-31 at 04:02 PM. Reason: Doublepost

Grom ftw, a trained orc seems to be a better warrior than a trained human, just like any regular grunts of either of these races would fall to either heroes, not being biased with the horde, it's just that the greatest orcish heroes have seemed to do more heroic feats than the greatest human heroes.

Arthas' main power is having minions, Grom just kills shit dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbyjawz View Post
    Your post is unintelligent. The only thing that even came close was agreeing with Lokann on everything, and I love to argue with intelligent people over lore so that just makes this that much better.
    And you didn't read through all the posts. I was clearly exaggerating, (with an attempt at some humor) but all of those points are pulled from ideas idiotic Grom/orc fanboys have said.

Not that I'm surprised after seeing the results of a few of the other battles, but this one clearly shows fanboyism over logical thought or real debate. And - like I said - I'm not going to reiterate the arguments others have made when the only result is the equivalent of little kids (read Grom fanboys) covering their ears and yelling "LALALALLALAA CAN'T HEAR YOU!"

Again, that's not EVERYONE, but it's the overwhelming feeling I got after reading through it all.

I'd put Arthas about equal to Mannoroth's power with Frostmourne. So yea, Grom kills him but dies a few seconds later.

Edit: I honestly don't know, this should be the closes match yet.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2010-08-31 at 04:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    Ah yes, ignore my last comment.
    But Arthas would still have to aim those spells pretty good with Groms speed.
    true, but the fact that Arthas still has that magic, along with his strength, does give him the advantage in combat.

Deleted
    Grom Hellscream has Cairne murdered, every single vote supporting him should be nullified imo

whoever said that tichondrius is equal of mannoroth's power is a moron

dreadlords are the politicians in wow,and the definition of power we're looking into here is not corrupting people and stealing tax money

no dreadlord is a match for a pitlord in combat,much less when we're talking about mannoroth

Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    Grom Hellscream has Cairne murdered, every single vote supporting him should be nullified imo
    /facepalm

on at least 3 levels

That's garrosh,and while we don't know the whole story it's for certain it's not murder.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Overtroll View Post
    That's garrosh,and while we don't know the whole story it's for certain it's not murder.
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne
    Derp

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you serious or just trolling really hard? Grom has been dead since WC3 and Cairne is still alive, at least for now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Grom has been dead for a long time you idiot.

*SPOILER*

"Displeased with the new Warchief, Cairne challenges Garrosh Hellscream to an honorable duel in Thunder Bluff. While in recovery after losing the duel, Cairne mysteriously dies. Aghast, Garrosh flees Thunder Bluff, fearing a potential uprising. Only later does he find out that the Grimtotems have been poisoning Cairne's drinks, and that the poison was responsible for his death. Infuriated, Garrosh leads an attack against Thunder Bluff to run out the Grimtotems."

source - wowwiki.com

The only mention of Cairne in Groms wowwiki states that Cairne helped Thrall reclaim Grom.

Though, it is murder... Technically.
    Last edited by Odexy; 2010-08-31 at 04:25 PM.

Why can't we just admit it? We won't stop until the blood is flowing.

Yay new signature

OT: This is Arthas as the LK's champion, his Frostmourne ain't fully tanked with souls(yet).

So you people are saying that Grom, an expert melee fighter, would defeat Arthas, another expert melee fighter, who is proficient with spells AND has an incredibly powerful weapon ?

hmmm...
    Quote Originally Posted by Pok
    CC of WOTLK era=kill it faster. Why turn it into a sheep when you can turn it into a corpse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Grom overcame the temptation, Arthas didn't. This is the deviding factor when I voted for Grom.

I feel bad for the guy who writes out these fights, he.she is really going to have to pull this one out of his.her ass...

Quote Originally Posted by Rendy View Post
    Voted Arthas but looks like Grom will win this
    From my pov Arthas defeated Illidan , Illidan defeated Archimond's right hand Tichondrius.
    Grom died when killing Manaroth who was himself a lituenent of Archimond , he also requierd Thrall help to kill him.
    So yeah stop voeting Grom you pansy orc fanboys QQ
    Tichondrius didn't blow up when he died. He for the most part just "dispersed." Had the situations been reversed and Mannoroth had just disappeared while Tichondrius blew up, then the deaths would have been reversed. Watch the cinematic. Thrall didn't do anything. Mannoroth blocked the Doomhammer with his wing, and came out unscathed, then went on to knock Thrall out. I love those who actually try to use the argument that since Thrall was there, Grom had help. He couldn't have done "less" to help Grom, seriously... one completely ineffective move and then knocked unconscious. People who use this argument have no argument as far as I'm concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by I Eat Babies View Post
    Wow that post was filled with some Ardent fanboyism just like the results.

Also, LOL at the people saying Grom would easily beat Arthas because of his speed. That's complete bullshit. Arthas beat Illidan who was stronger, faster, and smarter(albeit a little crazy) than Grom. Grom wouldve been stronger than Illidan without being demonic, but don't even try to say so after Illidan had
    the skull and eye.

---------- Post added 2010-08-31 at 08:02 AM ----------

Lol Grom can't destroy a continent. Let's now get ahead of ourselves. Also, Arthas must have been pretty weak to force out Nerzhuls will right?
    Illidan was not faster than Grom. And can you prove he was more intelligent? Where did it ever say that Illidan was so smart? What has he done to prove he was smarter than Grom? Nothing. And it's been stated that Grom was like the fastest, most vicious WC3 hero in combat or otherwise. Illidan got caught because he tried to retreat by flying/gliding. That was completely his fault. He may have been physically stronger with all his upgrades. If I see one more guy that thinks orc = stupid, I swear... Just because they are fierce and bloodthirsty and howl while running into battle doesn't make them stupid. People saying Grom would win because of his speed is no different than others saying Arthas would win because DK > Blademaster (which it's not btw, and I would never use such a weak argument). There probably isn't a single class devoted to one on one fighting as much as the blademaster class is (besides a straight up warrior, and blademaster to warrior is like archmage to mage). Their thing isn't spells or raising dead or healing. It's battling one on one, and they specialize in it to the point where they don't even need much if any armor at all.

Quote Originally Posted by I Eat Babies View Post
    Wouldn't Gorehowl crack if it parried frostmourne like Saurfangs son?
    But really, don't let blind orc love prevent Arthas vs Tirion match up
    Gorehowl wouldn't crack. I believe I read somewhere that the blade is somehow magically infused (not necessarily with a great amount of power), but it's definitely not a regular blade. For Gorehowl to crack, Arthas would have to swing Frostmourne hard enough to crack it. He doesn't have that kind of strength. After he merges with Ner'zhul he does, but this is pre Lich King merge, so he doesn't. (it didn't break on Mannoroth's weapon/armor or Cenarius' demigod skin that couldn't be cut before he drank the demon blood, so I'd say no) Also the weapon, being lodged into Mannoroth's chest as he exploded, had to endure the full force of the blast as well, and came out fine.
    With a shape like that, and a cape like that, cc better cc me. Cuz them dots just keep on rollin, and you know red equals dead. So let them casters cast, cuz haste makes us too fast. And I ride out in Mimiron's Head.