Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    i thought they had tried similar treatments in the past and it ended up not working? can't remember where it was done.
    I know a country is getting ready to try therapy.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    not normal teenagers don't
    and if you conceders masturbating in the same bed as a much younger sibling as normal lord help us no wonder why kids these days are growing up so screwed up
    "Normal" teenagers do a lot of things. That's very tame.

Nobody wants to think about it because it's gross and weird but kids do strange things when they're young and exploring their bodies. It doesn't mean anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

So does this thread mark the turning point where people can no longer get banned for comparing pedophilia to other things?
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

Quote Originally Posted by Lorelol View Post
    The link shows that the log people posted were in fact genuine and from her own server. This is the IRC chat section in question.
    Yeah that's totally not the sort of thing you see 24/7 on sites like 4chan lol. I'm sure 100% of those kids are pedos. Trolling is a myth, everything is real!

You're the one also defending someone who actually claimed to use the behavior of a sexual predator to get what she wanted out of her little sister (Again, this is from Lena's own mouth). But hey, keep up the good work defending pedos.
    Her own mouth:

Author and director Lena Dunham took to Twitter today to call the claims that she'd "sexually abus[ed]" her little sister—made most prominently in article called "Lena Dunham Describes Sexually Abusing Her Little Sister," which appeared on the right-wing news website TruthRevolt—"fucking upsetting and disgusting."
    http://gawker.com/lena-dunham-respon...-se-1653637030

Also:

I asked Sam Rubenstein, a psychotherapist who specializes in childhood abuse, for his take on whether what Dunham describes would be considered abuse in a clinical setting.

The short answer is: no. The longer answer, from his responses to my questions over the phone, is below:

If I had a quarter for every kid in that age demographic that touched somebody else out of curiosity, I'd be a rich man. I think that's a natural part of development and curiosity. There's no sense of control or shame or harm [in Dunham's writing]. It would be really hard to construe it that way.

I think you have to take into consideration her age, her history, and the idea that at that age, unless you've gone through severe sexual trauma, there's really almost nothing sexual about it. The same explanation could be used for grabbing the dog's tail. It's the same type of coercion. Just because it's in the sexual venue, people want to attach something to it, but it's almost totally different. It's an innocent type of thing.

On the "masturbation": That doesn't even sound like masturbation. It just sounds like a curiosity type thing. Whatever her reason is, it seems like somebody's making a bigger to do about it than what really is. There's a difference between masturbation and figuring out what's going on in your own body down there.

I remember, I made my brother touch like, hot shit or made him eat dog food. Are those things abusive? Yes, but not in the context of a 7-year-old and a 5-year-old. I think context is a huge issue here. If you want to get very psychological, in Freud's psychosexual stages, [Dunham's age] is consistent with the latency stage, wherein children of that age are almost de-genenderized and desexualized. That's even more evidence of why there would be no sexual connotation to it.
    http://gawker.com/therapist-lena-dun...ing-1654438044

So, no.

But please, don't let me stop you from parroting more fake outrage from conservative sites.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Yeah that's totally not the sort of thing you see 24/7 on sites like 4chan lol. I'm sure 100% of those kids are pedos. Trolling is a myth, everything is real!

Her own mouth:

http://gawker.com/lena-dunham-respon...-se-1653637030

Also:

http://gawker.com/therapist-lena-dun...ing-1654438044

So, no.
    Lol, gawker. The same website who is currently in massive lawsuits for shoddy, biased and plain false reporting. Great sources. The same website that tried their hardest to hide the fact that their own "journalist" were sleeping with the people they were reporting on and reviewing products, which later turned out to 100% true and caused the massive shitstorm that was gamergate. That gawker, lol, you have no credibility now if you're really going to quote anything that comes from that garbage website.
    Last edited by Lorelol; 2015-10-09 at 06:13 AM.

Lol, gawker. The same website who is currently in massive lawsuits for shoddy, biased and plain false reporting. Great sources.
    First hits on google. The links go to Dunham's actual tweets, you know, if you'd read them.

You can read, right?

First hits on google. The links go to Dunham's actual tweets, you know, if you'd read them.

You can read, right?
    I'm not quoting her twitter, I'm simply repeating what she wrote in her book.

Deleted
    Gay men shouldn't be allowed to work around other men because they might do something.

I'm not quoting her twitter, I'm simply repeating what she wrote in her book.
    And in her Twitter she responded to people trying to twist those exact words.

Why don't you slink back to the Gamergate circlejerk? This argument isn't even relevant to this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    I agree with you on principle, but in this situation we're talking about people that have never actually done anything. That makes it extremely hard to legally justify removing the ability to work anywhere.
    It's a tough call, but the right one. We're not banning them from working, we're not segregating them, we're first of all asking that they come forward, seek help and then depending on how they cope and deal with the support, maybe something can open up in the future.

When it comes to potential sexual assault on anyone, especially children, safe guards need to be put in place.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    treating people differently because of your sexual fantasies is damaging.
    Better that than risking a devastated child.
    There are certain things in societies that take greater precedance than anything else.
    Children safety is one of them.

Deleted
    Also people that have ever had rape fantasies (read: most people) should never be able to contact other people.

Why don't you slink back to the Gamergate circlejerk? This argument isn't even relevant to this thread.
    God I love people like yourself who sit there calling it a 'circlejerk' because people there will counter the crap people like you spray about and you can't hide behind a sympathetic mod.

I mean, ffs, there's a conversation going on there right now between several long-time posters there and one of the more trolly commenters where it's pretty civil and just extreme disagreement.

But I guess it's easier to stay in an echo chamber when you absolutely refuse to argue anywhere that isn't a favored debate ground for yourself.

You did get one thing right, amazingly, in that this is offtopic.

You are defending pedos in a thread about SJW defending pedos. How is that not relevant?

At least Dunham apologized for the abuse.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    God I love people like yourself who sit there calling it a 'circlejerk' because people there will counter the crap people like you spray about and you can't hide behind a sympathetic mod.

I mean, ffs, there's a conversation going on there right now between several long-time posters there and one of the more trolly commenters where it's pretty civil and just extreme disagreement.

But I guess it's easier to stay in an echo chamber when you absolutely refuse to argue anywhere that isn't a favored debate ground for yourself.

You did get one thing right, amazingly, in that this is offtopic.
    Don't you have men to molest somewhere or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    Don't you have men to molest somewhere or something?
    What's sad is that I can't even tell if you're kidding.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    What's sad is that I can't even tell if you're kidding.
    What, you are sexually attracted to men, so you must want to fiddle their diddlies against their will, right?

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to bed because I have to wake up to my volunteering at a kindergarten ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Last edited by mmoce213c955fb; 2015-10-09 at 06:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    What, you are sexually attracted to men, so you must want to fiddle their diddlies against their will, right?

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to bed because I have to wake up to my volunteering at a kindergarten ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Those poor kids.

Deleted
    Remember Le Rat-zinger pope trick AKA Pied Piper of Hamelin's episode, when he vanished, vacate his post while leaving the town with all the children AKA commercial Surrogacy voted just before in France ( at 3 am, it was very important you know ) and England altogether with no obligation to track the origins of the babies).

Also, children are properties of the society, they can't be related to the genito ..... oh wait geni what, are we already living in the past of the perfect world ?

The question is what's after cannibalism and newborn pedophilia... will sucking your own dick be the end of this wonderful human world or not ?

Quote Originally Posted by Natrii View Post
    Primary Difference, Me being gay is I love a consenting, legal adult. Pedophilia is desire towards an innocent who does not have right to even consent. One way should be socially acceptable, the other way is frankly criminal.
    You are confusing involuntary thoughts and voluntary actions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Natrii View Post
    There is a reason in the states at least the sex offenders can't live around parks and schools. Safety for children is one of the few things our political factions can agree on.
    And that is because of actions they took, not because of thoughts they couldn't help but didn't act upon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Well said... but that doesn't make me think pedophiles are any less creepy.

Having said that, so long as people aren't awkwardly bringing up the fact they are one in conversations and keeping it private I don't see how it could be a problem.
    Finding them creepy is alright as long as you do not take up vigilantism against it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    because it is a mental disorder and by the very definition of a mental disorder it is harmful it causes a dysfunction to a normal existence
    Nice circle you built there, let me paraphrase your argument for you: "I'm always right" - "Why?" - "Because I said so and I'm always right!"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Foo Foo Cuddlypoops View Post
    Because having sex with children has damaging effects. Where as two adults having gay sex when they know they're both gay is fine. One potentially fucks up a child for life the other doesn't stahp.
    You are talking about child predators, who might or might not be pedophiles, not about pedophiles in general.