Quote Originally Posted by nevermore View Post
    Well, based on the player responses in map chat and on the official forums, people are nooooooooooooooot happy with the whole unlocking thing lol.
    Traversing Verdant Brink and trying to get a skill point is just pure frustration, and the map seems to be empty most of the time as a result.

If you look at the open world lfg, it's all FGS champ train, SW, labyrinth. Where is everyone? Why isn't anyone doing the new events?

It's like people completely nope'd out.
    I think ANet is going to find out why Blizzard never made another Vashj'ir like zone. Zones like Maguuma and Vashj'ir can be pretty and neat but they also come with many problems that turn people off.

First impression...not super impressed. Haven't even wanted to log in all that much. Will give it another go later today, maybe I was just sour about shit last night.

Deleted
    on a side note, I'm sooooooo glad they got the player character actually talking. it makes my character feel like an actual part of the game rather than some mindless doll that can't say anything

Quote Originally Posted by lurkingPeanut View Post
    on a side note, I'm sooooooo glad they got the player character actually talking. it makes my character feel like an actual part of the game rather than some mindless doll that can't say anything

I miss the way things were originally though with the backdrop and the characters speaking to each other.

Not really sure how to take all this ranting in the forum. I thought the point to this game was not to rush and to take it easy and do what you want. What the hell are we supposed to be racing too. I have played for probably 5 hours yesterday and 3-4 hours today. I just about have all of map completion in the first map and it appears I have opened a good portion of the second map. I think its moving along nicely.
    I am about to turn Mastery rank 5 and have been doing a lot of events but that isn't my focus. I am exploring the crap out of the maps an I think they are amazing so far. I tried to get to as high as I could in the first map and found some pretty cool areas. I can see where some of the higher level Mastery might be a pain to get but I don't feel gated yet.

As the personal story suggest, open gliding and mushroom jumping first. I would suggest updraft third. It's clear that you should focus on the masteries that get around the map first.

This so much. The unusual cutscene dialogue of the original was nerve wracking to watch. This feels far, far more natural.

Quote Originally Posted by SteeJanz View Post
    Not really sure how to take all this ranting in the forum. I thought the point to this game was not to rush and to take it easy and do what you want. What the hell are we supposed to be racing too.
    look at it this way - it's one thing to read a book at your own pace, and another to be told you can at most read a page per day.
    time is money - money is power - power corrupts

Deleted
    on another side note - the new armor sets and weapons damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn son

The northern Coztic Grounds hero point is glitched; the vines around the hero point will insta-down you, so there's no legitmate way to get the hero point ATM. However, if you can get someone to rez you while you are downed in the vines (such as the Ranger's spirit rez ultimate), you can immediately walk over to the hero point and commune with it without dying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Nostalgic View Post
    The northern Coztic Grounds hero point is glitched; the vines around the hero point will insta-down you, so there's no legitmate way to get the hero point ATM. However, if you can get someone to rez you while you are downed in the vines (such as the Ranger's spirit rez ultimate), you can immediately walk over to the hero point and commune with it without dying.
    I did it by gliding down to it behind it. there's a small 'open' spot there without vines and you can reach the point perfectly

I did it by gliding down to it behind it. there's a small 'open' spot there without vines and you can reach the point perfectly
    So you didn't have to fight the three veteran Itzel to get to it either?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Nostalgic View Post
    So you didn't have to fight the three veteran Itzel to get to it either?
    nah just one

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tried that and can't get anywhere near there without dying. Gonna just wait until the vine mastery when I get that in 2017. :-/
    BAD WOLF

The massive xp needed to spend mastery points makes me glad I saved up an ass ton of xp boosters over the past 3 years. Hit mastery level 2 just before leaving for dinner and seeing that each level appears to double the xp needed...this is gonna be a while. Good thing it's an account wide thing.

For the record, the birthday booster and xp boosters stack. Also, it's worth doing Halloween events this year to stock up on food and maintenance buffs (the pumpkin oil or whatever that grants a buff to people you res). Sure, you can craft stuff, but this stuff is easily accessible for anyone.

I spent most of yesterday pounding out all the Halloween achieves and ended up with tons of the food and whatnot.

For master carver, run through queensdale on multiple toons. There's at least 15 carving pumpkins there. All those extra alts of mine finally paid off!
    Last edited by Kazgrel; 2015-10-24 at 11:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SteeJanz View Post
    Not really sure how to take all this ranting in the forum. I thought the point to this game was not to rush and to take it easy and do what you want. What the hell are we supposed to be racing too.
    I think people would generally be ok with not rushing if the key selling point of the expansion (elite specs) weren't totally cockblocked.
    At least that's the annoying bit for me.

I think people would generally be ok with not rushing if the key selling point of the expansion (elite specs) weren't totally cockblocked.
    It's not. You need 60 to start it and 214 points can be unlocked in the old world.

I'm almost done with chronomancer and I did it so far with only needing draft gliding which is level 2
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

I expect that they'll adjust the leveling for mastery due to feedback. It's a much longer and greater investment than the leveling rate at level 80 previously. A round of the Silverwastes meta would get you multiple levels, but I feel like that sort of activity might only net you 10% of a Mastery level in Maguuma.

The jump between the two is rather daunting.

Quote Originally Posted by zed zebes View Post
    I expect that they'll adjust the leveling for mastery due to feedback. It's a much longer and greater investment than the leveling rate at level 80 previously. A round of the Silverwastes meta would get you multiple levels, but I feel like that sort of activity might only net you 10% of a Mastery level in Maguuma.

The jump between the two is rather daunting.
    Ya the system itself is a great design and works well for a feel of progression without increasing the level cap but the exp needed is strangely A LOT

Adventures though gold medals give a nice chunk of exp
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

PSA: You can dye the starter glider.

Deleted