Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Lightbulb School in Tokyo lets students study with cute maids as they learn programming skills

TOKYO

As the center of Japan’s academic and economic spheres, Tokyo has many trade schools where adult students can learn skills to deepen their professional specialization or to prepare for a career change. But one educational institution, located in the Shibuya neighborhood, is different from all the others.

It’s not the subject matter that’s so unique, since it’s one of countless facilities offering programming courses. No, what makes this school special is that in each class, among your classmates will be a cute maid.

When students walk through the door of MadeInMaidFamily, the maids greet them with Okaeri nasaimase (“Welcome home”)
    , the same prim and proper salutation that customers get at a maid cafe. Instead of filling the role of instructor, the maids study alongside the paying students, whom they refer to as sempai or “upperclassman.”

Obviously, the school’s management hopes that having maids for classmates will draw in male customers and keep them motivated to continue attending classes. Lessons are designed to encourage interaction between students, with the maids alternately offering and asking for help from their non-maid classmates.

However, MadeInMaidFamily’s says its goal isn’t just to appeal to maid fans, but to provide a service for the maids themselves as well. Over the past decade, maid cafes and other maid related businesses have sprouted up all over Japan, staffed by a sizable maid workforce. However, the premium placed on youth in maid cafes means being a maid isn’t really a job you can count on doing very long past your mid-20s, and so MadeInMaidFamily hopes that by having maids attend its classes, the young ladies will be able to learn more marketable skills than drawing pictures with ketchup on rice omelets, playing rock-paper-scissors, and other common maid cafe work tasks.

MadeInMaidFamily’s lessons cover rotating topics are offered on an individual basis, priced at 2,000 yen for a three-hour session that includes an hour of “interaction time” between classmates. Reservations can be made through the school’s website here.
    https://japantoday.com/category/feat...ramming-skills

On the positive side, it is helping the maids prepare for a life after their 20s so this could be viewed as a positive.

Do you think your performance would increase if you were placed in this school?

@Aeula @Video Games

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Not really as I like to work independently.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennis View Post
    https://japantoday.com/category/feat...ramming-skills

On the positive side, it is helping the maids prepare for a life after their 20s so this could be viewed as a positive.

Do you think your performance would increase if you were placed in this school?

@Aeula @Video Games
    I was think when I read the first few sentences, why don't these girls get to learn as well. But they do. Honestly this is pretty cool; lonely dudes get to study with their waifus and these girls don't have to be doormats their entire lives hoping their looks hold out.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    No. I'd never be able to get any work done.
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Please don't wine in a beer thread. This is a happy place.

So what you're saying is Sempai will finally notice me?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Only in Japan does male sexual frustration and maid fetish can be exploited to lure in literal NEETs.

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    I was think when I read the first few sentences, why don't these girls get to learn as well. But they do. Honestly this is pretty cool; lonely dudes get to study with their waifus and these girls don't have to be doormats their entire lives hoping their looks hold out.
    yeh kinda positive all round and maybe it'll make some of the guys have confidence to talk to a real woman instead of a body pillow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    yeh kinda positive all round and maybe it'll make some of the guys have confidence to talk to a real woman instead of a body pillow.
    Perhaps, but there will likely be a great deal of "unrequited feelings" flying around as well.

Also, what, precisely, is the role of the maids besides being eye-candy for male students?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Perhaps, but there will likely be a great deal of "unrequited feelings" flying around as well.

Also, what, precisely, is the role of the maids besides being eye-candy for male students?
    well you can't just fall in love and live happily ever after with the first women/man you like that's just not life for 99.9% of people.

it says if you read the post, they also learn programming as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    SO at the end of the term you not only get to deal with having spent a fortune on a class you probably failed but also the crushing reality that she was just acting and isn't remotely interested.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

Quote Originally Posted by Wiyld View Post
    SO at the end of the term you not only get to deal with having spent a fortune on a class you probably failed but also the crushing reality that she was just acting and isn't remotely interested.
    Don't break the illusion, that girl was totally nice to them cause she was interested in them personally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't say it would help me at all, either I'd ignore them or get distracted by them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Uh, not really attracted to women so I don't know?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Uh, not really attracted to women so I don't know?
    You're the resident expert on all things Japan. We need some hard hitting analysis.

The maids are all using macs. This shatters the illusion of perfection.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

HHhmmmm, sounds kind of fun.

I don't have enough employees in Japan, so I might offer them a job.
    Last edited by Rudkobing; 2017-10-29 at 04:13 AM.

They aren't even trying to clean!

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's actually pretty genius, It encourages the nerdy guys to enjoy their Work whilst giving them social skills and encourages the Maids to learn a higher education past being a Maid and gives them a group of Smart people to tutor with. All whilst getting paid.

It's kind of a win all round.

This angers Kobayashi, damn cosplay

Deleted
    Japanese men need to grow some balls.