Page 14 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    blizzard is going to break all addons that display text? can't wait to see the complaint thread when that happens
    Blizzard can block specific addons by name, or by blocking where they're calling from, etc. It won't break other addons

Quote Originally Posted by MyndZero View Post
    Blizzard can block specific addons by name, or by blocking where they're calling from, etc. It won't break other addons
    having to change the name of an addon or the locations where it stores player data - sounds truly awful

presumably blizzard is also going to break the raider io website, since if this addon actually does get killed the majority of people who saw how good it was will start tabbing out more to see player scores there instead if they weren't already?
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2017-10-29 at 09:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    having to change the name of an addon or the locations where it stores player data - sounds truly awful

presumably blizzard is also going to break the raider io website, since if this addon actually does get killed the majority of people who saw how good it was will start tabbing out more to see player scores there instead if they weren't already?
    They could always just remove public access to that part of the API, then raider.io wouldn't be able to gather the data at all.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's a great addon. Without mythic+ score you would fail 9/10 pug runs above +15, and with this addon it speeds up the process of checking people dramatically.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

They could always just remove public access to that part of the API, then raider.io wouldn't be able to gather the data at all.
    yep maybe they will kill the website that they were directing people to during the mythic+ invitational, sounds like a smart idea

Deleted
    Blizzard is going to break this FYI
    Why would they? It seem like some posters here have misconception what happened to Gearscore. It was never Blizzard intention to break Gearscore addon, but they started to throttle inspect requests server side because the addon became so popular that it was spamming requests of players equipment data from server too often. Raider.IO addon save data client side which doesn't cause any problems to servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Seidhe View Post
    Ye once i thought that it is really good to add to this addon comments about ur members of group when instance ends/disbands or jsut simply rate them.
    But then irealised that it would be same shit liek acebook comments now. Anyone cna blame withotu evidence and u are screwed.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

i ve done top 150 9/9 M, and i can say that soem 21-22 dungeons are harder mechanicly. Raid is harder not because of mechanics but because of coordination.
    21-22 yeah but come on, we're not talking about that. We're talking about needing a crazy score to get into a 14 or 15 lol. Some even look them up for a 10. I'd never pug anything over a 18.

Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    Oups you just destroyed his dumb head fantasies.
    No actually he proved exactly what i was saying. You still get points for a depleted key even after spending hours and hours in the instance after the timer expired.
    Last edited by Theholypally; 2017-10-30 at 03:14 AM.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theholypally View Post
    No actually he proved exactly what i was saying. You get roughly the same points for a depleted key even after spending hours and hours in the instance.
    How is 120 roughly the same as 180?

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    How is 120 roughly the same as 180?
    How is 114 not close to 120? If there was a way, and i doubt there is, depleted keys shouldn't count.

All across the board.
    Last edited by Theholypally; 2017-10-30 at 03:11 AM.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theholypally View Post
    how is 114 not close to 120?
    The part where that's from 6 levels higher? If you'd get "roughly the same points for a depleted key", you'd be getting close to 180 for a +18 key, even after depleting it, not in the 11-120 range

I'm an old hardcore raider. I raided competitive low world ranks from BC -> Cata.
    I don't have the opportunity to invest time in to playing anymore, but my skill has not gotten worse.
    Thanks to some of this shit, I get instantly declined.
    There needs to be a better way to measure skill, than just granting points for being able to complete M+.
    This is exactly like gearscore and how it started to inflate ego of elitists who thought they were good, because they had good gear above the average clearing casulol.
    Fucken' retarded m8s. Bad decision.
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    The part where that's from 6 levels higher? If you'd get "roughly the same points for a depleted key", you'd be getting close to 180 for a +18 key, even after depleting it, not in the 11-120 range
    Then you can explain the two seat keys that were linked that were 18 and depleted and didn't award anything close to 180.

I mean, look, I get that you need a way to filter bads out of your higher M+ groups and ilvl alone isn't enough.

But I think M+ score is a kind of shitty way to do that because it expects you to clear every single dungeon at high keys, And to put it simply, fuck doing +15 Lower Karas or Cathedral. Could I do it, yes, do I want to do it, no. So my M+ score is trash even if I've done all other dungeons on high keys and can easily hold my own.

I'd really rather Blizzard implement a system where the group leader can see at what highest key you completed X dungeon during the current M+ season.

Quote Originally Posted by Mlz View Post
    You're delusional if you think that asking for a score in low m+ will actually change anything. Hint: it won't. Groups that ask some kind of a score for a low level will never form because high-scored players do not have any interest in doing them (even if there is an addon that shows the score ingame). As a result, low level keys will lower their requirements aswell (it's similar with ilvl - for instance, at this moment there was one! low-key dungeon with a 920 ilvl requirement and it had formed ~20 minutes ago and still had several spots to fill: they will either lower their requirements or disband because barely any 920 will be bothered to run such low keys). If anything, the addon actually makes it easier for truly good players with good score but perhaps a bit less ilvl to get into groups where they belong.
    nah. you are wrong. I don't use the addon but wont group with anyone of a dissimilar item level. I fill groups just fine.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, people who haven't been to gearscore bullshit are making gearscore 2.0. How intriguing. How exciting. I really want to see in run into the wall

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    Instead of getting declined after 30s after the group leader checks your wowprogress, you now get declined within 5s.

But of course bad players think its the addon's fault.
    Well, if i ever get declined because of some website showing that i only run 8 mythic+ dungeons throughout whole legion, good for them, because both wowprogress and raider.io for sure does that. They definitely have some problems registering players runs. It's, like 80% of my runs are missing from both of these websites, and i'm 100% sure that i'm not the only one with this issue. But yeah, bad players amirite?
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Firatha View Post
    Spoken like a true person who has never pugged or done anything remotely difficult in this game how is this any differnt then looking someone up on raider.io or wowprog for looking at raid kills for raid pugs hint its not.
    im 9/9 mythic and have done 18+ mythic+s but my score is a pile of shit cos all i do is one a week.

with this i could easily get declined constantly even though I'd probably decimate most other guys in dps

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintra View Post
    Gosh, I will repeat again and again - nobody is going to ask a huge score, because ppl with score like that just won’t apply for +10. You are gonna wait for hours if you set such requirements. Ppl with high scores have high level keys and want to group with people with similar experience in order to avoid frustration.
    Really? You think that you can speak for all people? I'm 100% sure that if someone sees me, a fire mage with 700 score, and a DH with 1800 score, he will get picked even if our ilvls compare as 35 to 25

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ID811717 View Post
    Check this out.
    Seat on +18 in just under 2 hours gives 122 points on raider.io.
    Seat on +18 in just under 3 hours gives 114 points on raider.io.
    Seat on +12 exactly in time gives 121 points on raider.io.

So you can do all dungeons on +12 in time and probably get a better score than all those people doing +17 or +18 in 2-3 hours.
    Oh no, you make this website look like shit by exposing their shitty exploitable algorithm, please stop!
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Here is a quick example of basic entry requirements for getting invited into M+ runs. This is just a quick guess from the top of my head, without too much thought, so take it with a grain of salt. I wanted to use this to make some point, but screw it. Enough typing for now.

What would I require from people trying to join my groups?
    +10 requires ilvl 910+.
    +11 requires ilvl 920+.
    +12 requires ilvl 925+.
    +13 requires ilvl 930+.
    +14/15 requires at least 15-20 of "+10 Dungeons completed in time", and ideally some "+15 Dungeons completed in time" (these statistics on wowprogress are precise, as long as the character's profile was recently updated). I want to see a number of +13 and +14 runs completed in time on your wowprogress profile.
    +16 requires 2000 wowprogress score (you can get this score by completing each of +16 dungeons not in time, each roughly 25% slower than the timer requires; or by completing all of +15 dungeons in time, using roughly 90% of the allowed time).
    +17 requires 2100 wowprogress score (roughly same as above, complete all dungeons on +17 not in time, or all dungeons on +16 in time).
    +18 requires 2250 wowprogress score (roughly same as above).
    +19 requires 2400 wowprogress score (roughly same as above).
    And so on.

For anything on +16 or higher, I also want to see that you previously completed this specific dungeon in time, around 1-2 difficulties lower.
    For anything on +18 or higher I want to see that you are getting towards 100 of "+15 Dungeons completed in time".
    For anything on +19 or higher I want you to be able to join discord and understand English.
    On +14/+15/+16/+17/+18 I will lower my requirements for 7/9M+ mythic raiders.

Somehow people have this fantasy that before this add-on they could apply to +15 or higher keys, have the group leader not screen any of the applicants, and yet somehow be successful.