Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    there are still a lot of things that we need to know i'm super excited about the rts 20 player thing
    ...Le Poète est semblable au prince des nuées
    Qui hante la tempête e se rit de l'archer;
    Exilé sul le sol au milieu des huées,
    Ses ailes de géant l'empêchent de marcher.

Charles Baudelaire

Where is Thrall? What is his place in all of this?

WHO GIVES A TOSS!!!!!!!!!!!

fuck go`el.

who - like literaly who asked for changing PVE servers into toggle PVP ones

people choose to play on PVE realm - which moron thought up this shit that literaly noone on forums ever asked for

And the big question comes up ;

W H E N ? ? ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    who - like literaly who asked for changing PVE servers into toggle PVP ones

people choose to play on PVE realm - which moron thought up this shit that literaly noone on forums ever asked for
    the option is intended for PVE players who play on a PVP realm for different reasons. and since this is probably going to be a base feature, a.k.a something coded into the player base class, it obvious it will apply to all players. brain to hurt?

Deleted
    Cool, Im going to be a Lightforged Dreanei Shadow Priest because it makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by NyghtWyng View Post
    I have to admit, I'm not entirely sure how to feel about this expansion. On the one hand, I'm excited NOT to be dealing with the end of the world (again). On the other, it seems as much out of place in the line of plot as WoD did following MoP (not to mention that nothing we did in WoD seemed to have any lasting anything... from a Legion perspective, it's as if WoD basically didn't happen). I'm also very disappointed that coming together to save Azeroth has resulted in, "Okay, but we've been sharing this world with each other too long, DIE DIE DIE!" This seems stupidly out of character for Anduin, particularly when one of the highlights of Legion was Varian suddenly realizing his son was right. This is essentially saying, "No, Dad, you were right all along." Meh. However, I'm definitely going to see where the storyline goes.
    tbh i didnt even thought about this but when you mention this - lol - this intro is literal "f...ck legion intro" in which Varian admits that they need to fight together

no f.... wonder Metzen left - they shit alll over on his lore with this. and that why they hired his replacment who will write nythign as long as they pay her.

this will be such a shit show full of retcons :/

Quote Originally Posted by teidden View Post
    I agree a bit. I understand teh hatred but WTF Blizzard. There has to be more
    Maybe an old god "took over" Genn/Jaina to stir up some shit as a distraction, so that the Black Empire/Azshara could easily take over in 8.1 ?

Edit: See, after we fought off most of the titans, including a fallen avatar here and there, we are pretty much gods lore-wise. It wouldn't make sense to go full on against us at this point without considerably weakening us beforehand. Azshara and N'Zoth would've probably realize that by now. Even Yogg had to prepare a bit.

After we get rid of the artifact weapons, the veil and sorrow will probably by the driving force. A pissed-off night elf 5man will shit all over the whole Black Empire after what they will have caused.
    Last edited by Norome; 2017-11-03 at 10:36 PM.

My theory is that old gods are somewhat mind controlling the faction leaders so in the end they will emerge. This way blizzard can hide them and avoid potential spoilers

So Alliance vs Horde and then it ends with them both rekt and in comes Azshara. The Horde and Alliance then proceed to be best buds as they take her on and the next expansions lead in to the Old Gods/Void.

In other words, war between the two factions is pointless. I can see how they wanted to go back to the basics, after all we did just have an over-the-top, Planet vs Planet in space kind of deal. But after that this just feels so...mediocre for storytelling purposes.

As far as features and stuff go, it's all more of the same. This expansion, so far, feels like a really big content patch, not an expansion. Feels like this is the WoD expansion to lead into the good stuff they put all of their focus into in the background. Something very simple and quick.
    Last edited by La; 2017-11-03 at 10:37 PM.
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

Quote Originally Posted by La View Post
    So Alliance vs Horde and then it ends with them both rekt and in comes Azshara. The Horde and Alliance then proceed to be best buds as they take her on and the next expansions lead in to the Old Gods/Void.

In other words, war between the two factions is pointless. I can see how they wanted to go back to the basics, after all we did just have an over-the-top, Planet vs Planet in space kind of deal. But after that this just feels so...mediocre for storytelling purposes.
    Maybe Jaina is the realy threat and is an old god

Quote Originally Posted by woofpup View Post
    Out beautiful home pillaged by marauders. Wipe them from the earth. We demand revenge. Remember the Vale!
    The Vale of Eternal Blossoms?

Quit playing for the foreseeable future.

I'll pass. They tried this before in Cataclysm and MoP. Utterly unenjoyable pieces of crap. At least Legion was enjoyable quest and story wise. Whenever they have a faction war expansion, inevitably the quest and storylines skews towards Horde not to mention mechanical advantages.

No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by amplitudelol View Post
    Cool, Im going to be a Lightforged Dreanei Shadow Priest because it makes sense.
    They have different racials and class allocations.

Quote Originally Posted by beaver1024 View Post
    I'll pass. They tried this before in Cataclysm and MoP. Utterly unenjoyable pieces of crap. At least Legion was enjoyable quest and story wise. Whenever they have a faction war expansion, inevitably the quest and storylines skews towards Horde not to mention mechanical advantages.

No thanks.
    Teldrassil burns while Undercity is undersiege. What the fuck are you talking about? We haven't even seen much. Quit grasping at straws just to bitch and moan. I swear you people play this game for the sole reason to complain lol.

So the 'feature' list is, basically:

Randomized scenarios
    Players vs AI raids
    A (very) few subraces, which players will have to pay to switch established characters to.

That's really not much of an expansion. IMO.

The legion has nothing on the alliance vs the horde. be scared folks

Not really overwhelmed , not really under whelmed, just kinda "meh" this time, its like "oh yeah i'll have another slice of pizza, i'm kinda full though, got any salad?"

Quote Originally Posted by Greathoudini View Post
    Teldrassil burns while Undercity is undersiege.
    It's just a rehash of Theramore got nuked while Ogrimar was sieged.

You may have forgotten, but I remember:
    Worgen starting quest storyline
    Robo Kitty

The whole mess that was Cataclysm and MoP. I think I will take my money elsewhere. Not to mention horde racial advantage which was only offset by mid expansion change of the human racial - only one race in alliance had an advantage over horde. Then it got nerfed. As it is right now, horde racials are so much better than alliance racials, any PvP focused expansion is going to be a horrible experience for anyone who picked the wrong faction at the character selection screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryn View Post
    This exp. is a breath of fresh air because it was getting tiring with every exp focused on SAVE AZEROTH FROM __________.
    Except that exactly what this is. It's "SAVE AZEROTH FROM THE ALLIANCE/HORDE".