Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Speaking of stuff that doesn't make sense: Are we all just gonna ignore the fact that the ENTIRE ALLIANCE ARMY parts like the red sea to let Saurfang(the biggest, baddest, most dangerous orc to ever exist) just run straight up to their King and clock him in the face?

It's hilarious! Watch from about 2:25 of the trailer. If you look closely after the tauren charges and the camera switches to an overhead view, all the alliance troops just get out of the way while Saurfang runs up with the horde flag.
    its Varok fucking Saurfang! Would you get in front of him if he was charging someone not you? fuck that not me im moving to the side with a pleae dont kill me sir. lol hes more of a badass than me on a good day.
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by True Horde View Post
    I see alot of people mindlessly screaming "For the Horde".

But I'm starting to get huge respect for the Alliance, Anduin is not just handsome, but how he gets tears while he fights is just shows how fucking pure and good he is.

You can say whatever you want about the Alliance, but they always stayed real, be it Varian, Anduin or even Arthas and Jaina. Always beated the Horde but kept them around. The faction was honourable.. sure sometimes they get cocky, but always stayed real.

Just few things that makes me ashamed about the Horde's lore:

1. I've played Highmountain, those Tauren have huge respect for the Night Elves, so what made them join the Horde?

2. Zandalari, who saw the Elves as ancient arch enemies, are now joinin the faction led by many Elves?

3. Orcs still live in capital city that's named of the murdered of Sylvana's mother and brother.

The Alliance never had to deal with this... they get High Elves, Dwarves, Draeneis.. all of them hate Orcs, Trolls. While the Horde getting bunch of races with identity crisis.

Screaming "For the Horde" feels more like an old PVP meme, instead of something serious and something to be proud of.
    Tauren have more respect for nelves then nelves having respect for others because tauren are wiser unlike highborne Nazis.

Anduin theme of cinematic was such a pathos... sylvanas looked much more realistic unlike holywood anduin.

Horde lost much more during long period.

in my opinion orcs alone are taking humans dwarfs and nelves.

Speaking of stuff that doesn't make sense: Are we all just gonna ignore the fact that the ENTIRE ALLIANCE ARMY parts like the red sea to let Saurfang(the biggest, baddest, most dangerous orc to ever exist) just run straight up to their King and clock him in the face?

It's hilarious! Watch from about 2:25 of the trailer. If you look closely after the tauren charges and the camera switches to an overhead view, all the alliance troops just get out of the way while Saurfang runs up with the horde flag.
    When you see The Cleaver himself charging at you, you move!!

7+ Year Old Account

who would even think to stand in saurfang way, you just ignore him and hope you face another orc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

Pending further story details, this expansion makes the Horde iredeemable in my eyes. The fact that Saurfang, once apologetic over the Horde atrocities in the war, is there, supporting Sylvanas, (seemling) after they burn down Teldrassil. Where are the moderate leaders of the Horde?

This even makes the nightborne feel really ungrateful. I was counting on them joining the Horde in a period of peace. Like, choosing the best ally. Now, they are accomplices of destroying night elf lands just after the night elves aided them in their darkest hour.

I really dislike this all-out war.
    Whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Respect and horde do not go hand in hand.
    Sorry but horde is all about respecting women! Like Jaina and Anduin. And furries too!

Seriously tho, faction pride was pretty lame back in 2005.
    Now it's just meme level cringe.
    Most ppl play or played both factions depending on where they friends were at the time.
    Gameplay >>>> silly and lame lore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagoth Ur View Post
    That's exactly why Horde is more interesting imo.

You have internal struggles, uneasy alliances, fallouts etc etc

Horde's charm is being a part of this big heavily disfunctional family with many bad apples that somwhow still manages to keep it all together even after someone really screws up .

The Horde like we know it today started with orcs, trolls and tauren, who were all underdogs and outcasts, forming life-lasting friendships and family of their own which eventually found redemption and its place in the world.

Problem is with each expansion Blizz somehow manages to piss on what Thrall, Cairne and Vol'jin were all about and their vision of the Horde.
    I think that what the OP means is that it hollows the battlecry "For the Horde!" when it lacks unity.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moushiel View Post
    Sorry but horde is all about respecting women! Like Jaina and Anduin. And furries too!

Seriously tho, faction pride was pretty lame back in 2005.
    Now it's just meme level cringe.
    Most ppl play or played both factions depending on where they friends were at the time.
    Gameplay >>>> silly and lame lore.
    actually people play horde because of blood elf's
    just a fact
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    If I were an Alliance footman I wouldn't stand in the path of a charging Saurfang either. Anduin just gets knocked prone and loses his helm - anyone of lesser stature would've probably been turned inside-out or into a fine red mist as Saurfang passed. I wouldn't hold giving way against them under those circumstances.
    The fact that Anduin didn't immediately die when struck by Saurfang's axe didn't go unnoticed. I mean, first off he's old as sin, been bodyshot by multiple elven arrows, gets clawed in the face/neck by Genn, and still just stands back up afterwords and runs back into the fight again.

I know who I want to be warchief.

Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    Garrosh dug his own grave by antagonizing every single non-orc Horde race AND a large % of the orcs. He could have made the Horde into an actual war machine, well-oiled and united, but instead opted to fracture it internally by treating trolls/undead/elves like shit and betraying the Tauren outright. All because MUH DADDY ISSUES. Turns out he was that kind of orc.
    Actually garrosh dug his own grave because blizzard wanted a panda expansion so he lost story development to actually make him an antagonist. He was unpopular so was gutted early.
    @DeicideUH given we don't know about teldrassil vs lordaeron it's pure biased speculation at that point. Based off legion content genn is the most likely reason anything happened as the territory is both relevant to him and he's had the biggest issue with the opposite faction of literally any leader at any point since he joined the alliance. Likewise, while tyrande is fairly cold to the nightborne liadrin talks extensively and empathises with them. This has developed through the expansion and it's a no brainer the nightborne would ally with the blood elves.
    Last edited by Raiju; 2017-11-04 at 02:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    I think that what the OP means is that it hollows the battlecry "For the Horde!" when it lacks unity.
    you want to get rid of the one thing that makes the horde more cool, the *** battle cry

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by steelballfc View Post
    you want to get rid of the one thing that makes the horde more cool, the *** battle cry
    Where did I say that?

7+ Year Old Account
    The fact that Anduin didn't immediately die when struck by Saurfang's axe didn't go unnoticed. I mean, first off he's old as sin, been bodyshot by multiple elven arrows, gets clawed in the face/neck by Genn, and still just stands back up afterwords and runs back into the fight again.

I know who I want to be warchief.
    old age man, if he were in his youth times, this battle would be over before sylv get on the top of the wall.

- - - Updated - - -

Where did I say that?
    i'm feeling your vibe

I never had any respect for them, so no.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

Deleted
    Honestly, I never really liked the Horde immensely, but I loved that Blizzard found a way to make it honorable, with orcs that weren't just crazy savages and zombies that actually tried to fit into the world and all that. They tried to have a place in the world. Maybe they weren't always "good", but I can't truly blame their actions until now, even counting Theramore. In the end, we can't judge the faction by just Garrosh.

But now, they will burn Teldrassil. Teldrassil is the home of over half of the night elf population, and, actually, due to its safety, it's where most non-combatants were. The so called civilians. The Horde perform genocide. They are evil. They are beasts. Jaina was right. Daelin was right. And the whole Horde faction is now just a boring evil faction in a fantasy setting. Just boring and dull and done 100 times before.

Quote Originally Posted by Konteil View Post
    its Varok fucking Saurfang! Would you get in front of him if he was charging someone not you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagoth Ur View Post
    When you see The Cleaver himself charging at you, you move!!
    These are valid points. But so much for the honor of the alliance and the whole "stand as one" thing. It all sounds good on paper until an angry orc badass is heading for your king. Then it's like "oh...I was blinded by the light and didn't see him!" or "My word, I think that siege tower on the other side of the field needs repairs!" ROFL!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    Honestly, I never really liked the Horde immensely, but I loved that Blizzard found a way to make it honorable, with orcs that weren't just crazy savages and zombies that actually tried to fit into the world and all that. They tried to have a place in the world. Maybe they weren't always "good", but I can't truly blame their actions until now, even counting Theramore. In the end, we can't judge the faction by just Garrosh.

But now, they will burn Teldrassil. Teldrassil is the home of over half of the night elf population, and, actually, due to its safety, it's where most non-combatants were. The so called civilians. The Horde perform genocide. They are evil. They are beasts. Jaina was right. Daelin was right. And the whole Horde faction is now just a boring evil faction in a fantasy setting. Just boring and dull and done 100 times before.
    if it's true that the horde just burned the tree for just for fun, or all this war was just for fun, then ya we are back to LOTR type of evil orc with no brain and no other real reason to fight.

- - - Updated - - -

These are valid points. But so much for the honor of the alliance and the whole "stand as one" thing. It all sounds good on paper until an angry orc badass is heading for your king. Then it's like "oh...I was blinded by the light and didn't see him!" or "My word, I think that siege tower on the other side of the field needs repairs!" ROFL!
    it's like if your king asked you to stand against gromm hellscream to save him, you wouldn't do it.

It is hard to respect the Horde when they pussy out at the Broken Shore, given that their warcry is "Victory or death".

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Widow View Post
    I preferred Anduin in the cinematic over Sylvanas, her "For the Horde" was a little cringe, especially since she's never given two shits about anyone other than her own people (On a good day)
    She stepped outta da shadows. Like the dead Troll wanted he to do. She grows as a Leader and Warchief. And maybe now cares about others than the Forsaken and is willing to revenge Vol'Jin for real? Characters change, story changes. And that is good, otherwise we would have a stale boring experience. And thats why i think its good that we might see massive changes to Lordaeron and Darnassus, this changes things a lot, why is this bad? Like it is currently is since 2005 or if you count in the Cataclysm, since 2010. 8+ we have the same stuff in Azeroth. So i dont get why people complain so much about it.

It kinda does yeah.
    But I see it more as Alliance's unrealistic utopian unity making Horde look hollow.
    Last edited by Dagoth Ur; 2017-11-04 at 02:36 PM.