Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    Has it been confirmed Antorus is last raid? Wonder if they will drop a filler raid on us.
    Not confirmed, just personal speculation. Maybe they will put a small patch with few dungeons and pre-expac world quests, but will it be enough to keep peoples sub until release?
    C'était mieux demain !

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    So does the fact that they seem to be pushing the release of the raid back as far as possible a harbinger that they know they need the patch to last as long as possible because they are not optimistic about being able to get BfA out in a timely manner?
    Actually the exact opposit could be the case.
    They are pushing it back a bit so that the release of BFA suites the content timeline of around 77 days after the last Legion patch.

If all I'd expect the expansion sooner than later without a huge content gap.

Quote Originally Posted by Talime View Post
    Actually the exact opposit could be the case.
    They are pushing it back a bit so that the release of BFA suites the content timeline of around 77 days after the last Legion patch.

If all I'd expect the expansion sooner than later without a huge content gap.
    They didn't say anything about the beta, so that seems too short.

Deleted
    They didn't say anything about the beta, so that seems too short.
    They did.
    They said beta opt in is opened and if you go to the official BFA site you can see that in the navigation. So Beta will probably start early next year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some people just wanna see big red lights I guess.

I could understand if Blizzard had officially said "Antorus is coming out on the 21st" and then later had been like "Oh wait guys, we actually have to push it 1 week, so now its coming out on the 28th instead"

At no point have we had an official announcement about the raid release it was all specualations and good guessing.

Stop seeing things that aren't there...

As far as possible...

One week.. probably due to thanksgiving.

Aight.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Danzel View Post
    Some people just wanna see big red lights I guess.

I could understand if Blizzard had officially said "Antorus is coming out on the 21st" and then later had been like "Oh wait guys, we actually have to push it 1 week, so now its coming out on the 28th instead"

At no point have we had an official announcement about the raid release it was all specualations and good guessing.

Stop seeing things that aren't there...
    I think from the mouth of J. Allen Brack is as official as things can get without a blog post.
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No they don’t learn and evidence suggests that. Behavior also doesn’t change and if there is any hope of learning behavior has to change.

Not meaningless declarations easy to say after he regrets offering up evidence he’s a racist.

Bloodsail Admiral Colonel Sandor's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    To restate obvious: Thanksgiving is in the way of the raid. It comes the week after Thanksgiving.

I hope that Antorus lasts so much longer than the previous tiers. They've been churning content out too fast and it is leading to players being burned out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firatha View Post
    I think from the mouth of J. Allen Brack is as official as things can get without a blog post.
    When did he say "Release on 21st? Was it on Twitter or anywhere else? (Granted I could have missed it)

Care to show me?
    Last edited by DanThePaladin; 2017-11-05 at 07:57 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    I hope that Antorus lasts so much longer than the previous tiers. They've been churning content out too fast and it is leading to players being burned out.
    The speed of content has nothing to do with the current burn out.

Quote Originally Posted by Danzel View Post
    When did he say "Release on 21st? Was it on Twitter or anywhere else? (Granted I could have missed it)

Care to show me?
    You post reads as though there was no announcement period for the 21st or 28th which is right in a way.
    Last edited by Firatha; 2017-11-05 at 07:58 PM.
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No they don’t learn and evidence suggests that. Behavior also doesn’t change and if there is any hope of learning behavior has to change.

Not meaningless declarations easy to say after he regrets offering up evidence he’s a racist.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    No, but yes. It's already an incredibly short tier compared to almost every other tier in history.

I don't think it's a sign of anything, but BFA definitely won't be out until late 2018.
    You cannot possibly know that. I suspect Antorus will be about 7-8 months long.

From what we know:
    Yes, Antorus is possibly the last raid.
    Last raids tend to last longer, as they usually are the LAST thing released, typically being mechanically harder than previous tiers. There are also factors that while Blizz might want to release the next xpac 6+- months after the last raid is released, it is usually not possible due to working on the next xpac.
    There might be a filler raid, we don't know. They sometimes happen, they sometimes don't, and usually seek to be affected mainly by progress of the last raid released, or if Blizz has time to throw something out while getting ready for the next xpac.
    There will probably be a prerelease patch. Something that hits 1-3 months before next xpac to get people ready for the changes.
    Bottom line: we don't know. Best guesses based on what we have now:
    Antorus will last a while. We might get some kind of filler raid. Things will change months before next xpac. That's about it.

Anyone surprised at the ambiguous and very late Antorus release date has not been paying attention to what Blizzard has been doing. They are stretching out and stunting content like they have never before. The whole 7.3.5 tease at Blizzcon is all part of this new content packaging. "Get it early without waiting for next expansion!". It's all about making less seem more. Maybe people will smarten up next expansion, otherwise this will only get worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Up to now, Blizzcon felt more like a game of dodge rather than an informative show. So many questions were answered with "We don't know yet", "we're still discussing" or "We'd have to talk about it internally first".

Now, don't get me wrong, I'd rather be told that something isn't set in stone rather than get a WoD 2.0.

With that said, it gave me the impression that the development for Battle for Azeroth wasn't really that far along. With 7.3 been released in (very) late August, Blizzcon gave me the feeling that 8.0 was still a long wait to go. We don't know much about B4A, or how it'll work. We witnessed surprisingly little of the game. In fact, we saw almost exclusively the leveling experience in two sub-zones and two dungeons.

Compared to Legion's Blizzcon where we were overwhelmed with information, this years' Blizzcon held surprisingly little. We know that there'll be new systems, but we don't know how they actually work.

I don't know about you, but I am not very optimistic about the release date... Although, I may yet be surprised. In any case, I know I'll buy it.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by phyx View Post
    You cannot possibly know that. I suspect Antorus will be about 7-8 months long.
    I can't know that, but I definitely think it. =P

I'm going to go with 10 months of Antorus, 12-13 months of Argus.

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    What are you talking about.... Its being released on the date that people have been speculating it would for months now.
    A majority of the player base on these forums had a feeling it would be the end of Nov before blizzard holiday.
    People were speculating before Blizzcon, and in fact it probably SHOULD have been out before blizzcon. Everything in Legion feels like it's been delayed. Nighthold was supposed to be a release raid, but didn't come out until January. Tomb of Sargeras opened four months after the patch that installed it. It was fucking weird watching the Blizzcon streams and see all the talk of Azerite while they're dancing over the datamined gorilla in the room, trying to explain all these systems while giving no background as to WHY because Antorus isn't live so the WHY doesn't exist yet in-game. Even if we all "know" what it is.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

not all tings in real life are an omen mon, me tink you been doin da games too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    People were speculating before Blizzcon, and in fact it probably SHOULD have been out before blizzcon. Everything in Legion feels like it's been delayed. Nighthold was supposed to be a release raid, but didn't come out until January. Tomb of Sargeras opened four months after the patch that installed it. It was fucking weird watching the Blizzcon streams and see all the talk of Azerite while they're dancing over the datamined gorilla in the room, trying to explain all these systems while giving no background as to WHY because Antorus isn't live so the WHY doesn't exist yet in-game. Even if we all "know" what it is.
    Nighthold was never meant to come out with the expansion, nor was tomb meant to come with 7.2(also wasn't 4 months between those, it was 77 days). So far everything has been on schedule, It's only now with antorus that it's breaking the 77 day cycle.

Wonder if they will drop a filler raid on us.
    What is the last fill raid? Ruby Sanctum. 7 years ago

After WotLK, Blizzard expected that people are ok with no content for a whole year, and always come back for the new expansion.
    Cancel your sub is the only way to change Blizzard's mind.

In other MMO games, people are very sensitive if no new content.
    However, WoW has a fan base that doesn't mind no new content.
    Last edited by xenogear3; 2017-11-05 at 08:29 PM.