Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Nightbringer View Post
    The Broken Front, Southshore, and Theramore say hello...
    Come on, the broken front is one of the most cliche "misunderstandings" to prop up bad writing in the history of story telling. The horde was about to go down and they sounded the horn which also alerted the alliance, this was simple not a winnable situation. That no one has even suggest something like this so far to the alliance is just laughable. Another guy dug up the perfect word for it, it's an idiot plot.

The other two are obviously correct, Theramore certainly. Even though Southshore in relation to Teldrassil is like nuking some backwater village in idaho compared to nuking NYC.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Come on, the broken front is one of the most cliche "misunderstandings" to prop up bad writing in the history of story telling. The horde was about to go down and they sounded the horn which also alerted the alliance, this was simple not a winnable situation. That no one has even suggest something like this so far to the alliance is just laughable. Another guy dug up the perfect word for it, it's an idiot plot.

The other two are obviously correct, Theramore certainly. Even though Southshore in relation to Teldrassil is like nuking some backwater village in idaho compared to nuking NYC.
    Broken Front, not Broken Shore: https://wow.gamepedia.com/Broken_Front

Or maybe Teldrassil was the cure to the worgen curse.
    And Sylvannas goes like this: ¨Nathanos, Hold my beer and watch this¨

Broken Front is in ICC...
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Out of place? After all the awful things the Horde has done, (especially the Forsaken) burning down that tree doesn't surprise me one bit.

The Broken Front is the perfect example to bring up. (like others have already) The Alliance was making headway into Icecrown with their offensive and the Horde cowardly attacked them from behind and ruined the best shot anybody had at winning there at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by SirMeo View Post
    God I hope not, this "Horde acts, Alliance reacts" needs to go. It's not good for either faction.
    It's more like bad storytelling of: Horde does something shitty like blow up Theramoore but it's explained away with bullshit.
    Mistweaver Tax noun 1. The effect of both high mana costs, and lack of utility, coupled with requiring specific talent combinations to compete with other healers, while still not being able to compete with toolkits said healers have baseline in any competitive area.

Deleted
    What is the Horde Players problem? Their faction can be immoral as they want, Lore will whitewash and relativate it to make the Horde look all innocent and moral.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myta View Post
    It's more like bad storytelling of: Horde does something shitty like blow up Theramoore but it's explained away with bullshit.
    This is exactly what kind of stupidity that this kind of writing breeds. Blizzard needs to stop being cowards and actually start writing both factions as morally gray and have Alliance actually do something interesting and, GASP, maybe even slightly questionable instead of reacting to something interesting Horde did.

Or just outright make all of Horde villains. Why bother pretending you're writing interesting conflict at all when all you can do is polish some Alliance armor.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Our characters are just grunts in the Horde, nowhere is it stated we have to agree with what our leaders decide.
    Last time I checked, I WAS THE FUCKING DEATHLORD OF THE EBON BLADE

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia Akamadaughter View Post
    Last time I checked, I WAS THE FUCKING DEATHLORD OF THE EBON BLADE
    Hey, me too! Wait is there some kind of scam going on? Or is this a Highlander thing were there can only be one?

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    Hey, me too! Wait is there some kind of scam going on? Or is this a Highlander thing were there can only be one?
    According to canon you're just random death knight #159, who happens to visit my mission table a lot.

No disrespect intended, but still. What have you been doing at my mission table anyways?

Inbefore a Sunreaver blood elf sabotaged Darnassus.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    They literally said it is unknown who did what first.
    How can things of this magnitude can be unknown in a world with so much magic? oO

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    How can things of this magnitude can be unknown in a world with so much magic? oO
    It's unknown TO US. They mentioned that we'll find out, eventually. Possibly in the novel. But they didn't want to clarify at Blizzcon and preferred to leave it up in the air. However, a guy who leaked this stuff before Blizzcon says Sylvanas will burn down Teldrassil and Anduin attacks The Undercity in retaliation, so I guess that could be true.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KyrtF View Post
    I'm Horde and even I don't think it's out of character for the Horde to attack.
    That has after all been our central role in the Warcraft franchise.

What I don't know is if that is what happened this time. The supposition that Sylvanas...for whatever reason, burnt down Teldrassil prompting Anduin to agree to attack Lordaeron and deal with the Forsaken once and for all seems very plausible and in character with both sides. Whether that is what happened, I don't know. I'd prefer an Alliance bad guy for a change...and if Genn was in charge, I might even suspect it. But he isn't in charge. Anduin is. Anduin isn't going to attack without a good reason...a very good reason.

Either he has been tricked by someone or he is possessed or, especially given the book preview where we see Sylvanas plotting to attack the Alliance yet again - then he is engaged in an Alliance response to a Horde attack and is fully justified. Assuming that is what happened
    If you assume that all Horde are like Garrosh, then yes. Which is not the case. After the end cinematic of SoO it would be a very suicidal thing to do, especially since Teldrassil is hosting so many civilians.

Thing is, half of the Horde races have much in common with the Na'vi from the Avatar, and probably would see the destruction of a World Tree as a sacrilege. I bet, even the Blood Elves would not want to destroy something that magical. If such an attack would hit SW or IF, I could understand that, these have both huge strategic values which are strongly overshadowing the presence of civilians there. But the only strategic value of Teldrassil comes into play when Horde loses hold in the Eastern Kingdoms and has to strengthen its grip over Kalimdor.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Malagan View Post
    It's unknown TO US. They mentioned that we'll find out, eventually. Possibly in the novel. But they didn't want to clarify at Blizzcon and preferred to leave it up in the air. However, a guy who leaked this stuff before Blizzcon says Sylvanas will burn down Teldrassil and Anduin attacks The Undercity in retaliation, so I guess that could be true.
    We have seen both sides of the events on the Broken Shore as players, so we knew that the Horde was not just backstabbing the Alliance there, but was actually backstabbed by them because they have relied on their flawed SI:7 intelligence corrupted by demons. So... why should we as players not know about the unfolding of the events?

Quote Originally Posted by The Flavour Cat View Post
    He essentially approved of Genn and other Alliance members to go fuck up Sylvanas in Stormheim, though.
    They were supposed to track Sylvie, Genn decided to attack.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    Nope, wrong. It was a secret mission that anduin did not know about. They literally say it's a secret mission because they don't want anduin knowing about it.

And I don't blame Genn for what he did. play the worgen introduction to understand why.
    Nope Anduin ordered the mission.

Id like to point out, that my character was in moonglade for the entire war and we didnt know a thing. Really, there were no hints that our leader was a crazy maniac trying to kill the living. We normal horde druids arent at fault here.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Quote Originally Posted by OMGDobbyDied View Post
    You guys are missing the obvious: Jaina Proudmoore burned down the tree and/or sieged Lorderon(?) in an attempt to reignite a fued amongst the Horde and the Alliance.
    They already said Jaina isnt a villain.

Deleted
    Knowing that there wont be lasting majorconsequences makes this hyped up Trailer really stale. I wonder what cop out they come up with. Maybe some old gods stuff, and then the war will be averted, as always.

Really, really bored by the way the story develops. And there is even a new Christie novel in the works, bleh.

Wasn't teldrassil a pet project of Fandrall and pretty much happned against Malfurion's wishes and advice while he was asleep? Not sure the druids care that much about, Nordrasill would be a different story.

- - - Updated - - -

We have been commanders and generals for quite some time now.

- - - Updated - - -
    People maybe are confusing with the world tree from hyjal with the world tree from Darnassus. Fandral tried to get the immortality again from aspects after Warcraft 3 but they didnt.
    Also we have been commanders and lords, and also during Legion we were ordered to leave our class hall and go with Genn. So yes we do what we are told to. I alwaus thought that we beeing commanders and leaders is shitty for plot. We should be CHAMPIONS of our class hall, not leaders. To make sense, they must make that we gave up the leadership and adventurers again.