Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Design problems in BfA

One of the key successes of Legion is the open world content.

They apparently like how the world quest system has worked out, but the are removing the two key thing that make people do world quests - legendaries and mission table resources.

So, after about 6 months or so, the only reason to do world quests will be azerite. I hope you see the problem here...
    Last edited by haxartus; 2017-11-06 at 01:37 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Worth noting, when question in an interview about Legendaries, the key phrase used was "Legendaries will not move forward in their current form"

We might get Utility-only leggos. Or leggos that only affect damage. Or some other kind of Legendaries.

They didn't say they were gone for good, only that we won't be using the Legion Legendaries and they're changing the system.

its funny listening to all these threads with everyone not listening to everything or only posting what they want to think they heard. Its kinda like the media these days not writing a story on the whole thing and only what they think will get a reaction...

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sosleapy View Post
    Its kinda like the media these days not writing a story on the whole thing and only what they think will get a reaction...
    By "these days" do you mean "literally since the printing press has existed", because...

Just one example: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellow_journalism

And just to tie that in to WoW, I'm going to be interested to see if the Town Criers in Boralus actually cry stuff out, that could be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    By "these days" do you mean "literally since the printing press has existed", because...

Just one example: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellow_journalism

And just to tie that in to WoW, I'm going to be interested to see if the Town Criers in Boralus actually cry stuff out, that could be cool.
    Yes that is true lol

Quote Originally Posted by sosleapy View Post
    its funny listening to all these threads with everyone not listening to everything or only posting what they want to think they heard. Its kinda like the media these days not writing a story on the whole thing and only what they think will get a reaction...
    Unless you camp this place 24/7 there is no realistic way to know all things out there. Blizzard did (like usual) a really piss-poor job of getting the information out there. The information is all over the place, some pieces are in some panels that are not publicly accessable, some in interviews with some no names, some with gaming magazines, some are in blog posts, some in twitter posts, some on the offical site and some are hands on experiences on the show floor. I probably missed a few places as well. While many make it to the front page here, they aren't compiled into a structured lecture regarding topics and they aren't guaranteed to be comprehensive either.

The legendaries are not coming back, they said that. The azerite system will replace them.

Blizzard doesn't seem to realize that the legendaries are the only thing making people do open world content.

So what you're saying is only the people who actually want to do open world content will be doing it in BfA, instead of essentially forcing everybody to participate? Seems like a good change to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Worth noting, when question in an interview about Legendaries, the key phrase used was "Legendaries will not move forward in their current form"

We might get Utility-only leggos. Or leggos that only affect damage. Or some other kind of Legendaries.

They didn't say they were gone for good, only that we won't be using the Legion Legendaries and they're changing the system.
    He specifically said they were not doing hundreds legendaries that randomly drop from every activity in the game, so no, it's not just that they're only doing utility legendaries or only throughput legendaries.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

There might be another type of resources though. Maybe related to the warfronts or something like that. I wouldn't worry about it, they know that if they want people to do the content they gotta add proper incentives.

So many armchair devs
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    I believe your hands should be cut off. As I feel your opinions prove your not fit to type.
    Gen Off-Topic being hella ruthless

Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    The legendaries are not coming back, they said that. The azerite system will replace them.

Blizzard doesn't seem to realize that the legendaries are the only thing making people do open world content.
    You are missing the point that the new 3 special items (helm, shoulders, chest) empowered by Azerite will give you the effects legendaries have now. So Azerite is actually the new legendary system, while the AP is removed and the AP system is baked into Azerite.

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    You are missing the point that the new 3 special items (helm, shoulders, chest) empowered by Azerite will give you the effects legendaries have now. So Azerite is actually the new legendary system, while the AP is removed and the AP system is baked into Azerite.
    Yes, but farming azerite is going to get boring really, really fast.

so whats the point of doing emmisaries when you cant get legendaries?

Yes, but farming azerite is going to get boring really, really fast.
    And farming legendaries didn't?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    Reputation, I'd imagine? You know, the thing they're directly tied to, rather than some reward that is entirely unrelated.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    Gold? Gear? Reputation?

And if you don't need any of the above? You *gasp* don't have to do it.

I'm almost giddy at the concept.

Isn't the Azerite somewhat like the artifact since you somehow need to farm ''AP'' to make it stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by njams View Post
    Isn't the Azerite somewhat like the artifact since you somehow need to farm ''AP'' to make it stronger.
    It's basically how the NLC works on live(except not random). You gain AP in your weapon(neck in BfA) which allows you to unlock more traits from relics(head/shoulders/chest in BfA).
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Artifact power has been a huge success, and i highly doubt that azerite will fill this gap.

That said, i have never "farmed" AP, except during a short period in the beginning, when i didn't understand how AK worked.
    Last edited by XDurionX; 2017-11-07 at 09:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post

As I understand it, legendaries will be replaced with the heart of azeroth system. They might do an old style legendary, but not legion style legendary system.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zox2 View Post
    As I understand it, legendaries will be replaced with the heart of azeroth system. They might do an old style legendary, but not legion style legendary system.
    The Heart of Azeroth system is designed to replace Artifacts, complete with selectable traits. It might be that they remove Legendaries, entirely, from this expansion pack, though.

I'm just saying that the phrasing used indicates they -may- be present, probably entirely as utility leggos if they're added at all in this particular expansion. He might've meant that they're gone for this one, but will be back for 9.0. We can't be certain.