Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    Hasn't this guy always been against classic WoW being brought back? Also I doubt at this stage Blizzard has any concrete idea on how things will be handled and wouldn't be spitballing ideas with streamers. Sounds more like he's talking out of his ass.
    Ya that dude sent PMs to twitch admins trying to get the main Vanilla streamer banned. And he did, successfully then laughed at it.

No one knows anything, and I am sure they wouldn't release a product that deviated heavily because then people wouldn't play it. The whole point is so people play it right? If they want to just attract today's modern gamers, they can just keep making expansions.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

towelliee is good at getting benched for progression and being anti-vanilla, about it

Quote Originally Posted by Racthoh View Post
    back when people rolled characters without knowing their class was going to be absolute dogshit. groups are going to be 30% warriors, 30% rogues, a couple locks and mages, one or two shitty classes, and the healers. definitely won't be the same experience where 99% of the playerbase sucks ass.
    This is precisely the reason why you "can't go home again", people won't be able to relive the nostalgia because they've already read the answers in the back of the book. I don't think the Classic enthusiasts fully understand the degree to which it was the journey that mattered, the setbacks, overcoming all the stupid inconvenient things that made the experience memorable in the first place. Blizzard will have to resist the intense pressure coming from half the Classic playerbase (month after month, year after year) to file off the rough edges.
    Last edited by Lycanthat; 2017-11-07 at 12:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Ya that dude sent PMs to twitch admins trying to get the main Vanilla streamer banned. And he did, successfully then laughed at it.

No one knows anything, and I am sure they wouldn't release a product that deviated heavily because then people wouldn't play it. The whole point is so people play it right? If they want to just attract today's modern gamers, they can just keep making expansions.
    To be fair, amonsgold also just said in his channel: "I don't know what I can and cannot say, so I won't say anything". He seems to be a purist classic supporter though, and it doesn't seem like he is disappointed with what he heard.
    Death to all undead rogues and mages!!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought it was this Towelie

I'm disappointed.

They can't make it like it was, everyone would cry on the forums about how some things suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    I pasted it with timestamp, but here ya go:

https://youtu.be/f0A4MtGn7Tk?t=50m51s

- - - Updated - - -

If there is anything I have learned about Blizzard... if they can possibly screw it up... they will. A handful of ex-Elitist Jerks will make sure that some of their "awesome whizbang, rng math generated bullcrap" is in there... just enough to spoil the entire experience.
    Where do you get the info for your signature btw?

Do you have a crystal ball or something?

He isn't technically wrong. See, people only remember the good parts of vanilla, and block out the bad parts.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

the rhetoric that they are "just hiring" and "aren't close" is likely just PR talk and the predictions of mid 2018 during the ABT lull are much more accurate^

Last edited by Biggles Worth; 2017-11-07 at 12:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Risale View Post
    The hate for Towelliee is strong in this thread it seems.
    Regardless of what you think of the man he is right when he says that Classic will not be like Nost as even the developers from Blizz have stated this in interviews.
    The devs have said they will implement QoL improvements as to what they are beyond bug fixes I have no idea as that wan'st mentioned.
    Point that out, because J. Allen Brack said no to that. No crz, no lfr or lfd. They will "recreate the exact experience, for better or worse."

Quote Originally Posted by Biggles Worth View Post
    Thanks for the laugh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    So salty he talked about trying them in down times.
    i think the salt comes from all the old wow streamers coming back and bumping him off the top spots, not that he doesn't want to play vanilla. i don't think anybody could resist the temptation once it actually releases.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    Hasn't this guy always been against classic WoW being brought back? Also I doubt at this stage Blizzard has any concrete idea on how things will be handled and wouldn't be spitballing ideas with streamers. Sounds more like he's talking out of his ass.
    Nope, he's been pro and played on Classic servers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Racthoh View Post
    i think the salt comes from all the old wow streamers coming back and bumping him off the top spots, not that he doesn't want to play vanilla. i don't think anybody could resist the temptation once it actually releases.
    He's not salty about that, at all.

We got a towelliee fanboi in the house.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgaith View Post
    https://go.twitch.tv/videos/80598325?t=05h47m41s

he has less than 0 credibility.
    He's been there talking to officials.

So, no.

Quote Originally Posted by prizminferno View Post
    We got a towelliee fanboi in the house.
    Knowing the facts =/= being a fanboi.

Stay classy though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Knowing the facts =/= being a fanboi.

Stay classy though.
    Look at your location and sig.

I mean... logically, dosen't Towelliee have to be at least partly right? I mean, his two biggest points were 1) this is not coming out soon, and 2) this will not be the original WoW.

I'm pretty sure in the Blizzcon dev interview stuff I watched Blizz both said that they were looking at adding flight points that were not in the original client and also answered "we're not sure yet" when directly asked if this "classic" release would represent a carbon copy of the OG wow code.

If you (Blizzard) don't know or won't answer any direct questions about classic wow's release, you either are not far enough in actually developing to have those answers (Towelliee's prediction that it will probably be in the post BfA lull), or you are dissembling because you think the most rabid portion of the fan base will backlash against those changes (Towelliee's prediction that it will be much different that OG WoW).

Here is my logic on the issue of classic. There is a certain sub-set of the player base that truly wants the exact vanilla experience, warts and all. I think an even LARGER number just want to see what all the fuss is about because they never got to play it. I predict that most people won't be impressed with the total lack of all of the QOL changes that have been made over the years and will lose interest pretty quickly.

The problem is that Blizz is going to front the cash to do whatever development that needs to happen for old wow to run on modern server hardware, and the cost to maintain and provide customer service for those servers from now on etc etc. They want a substantial number of people to want to play on those servers to justify the those costs, so I'm leaning towards something like vanilla wow, but with some form of QOL changes to keep the modern player base interested in the game.
    Last edited by Swag; 2017-11-07 at 12:49 AM. Reason: gram.