Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I can't wait for all of the people whining for a Vanilla server to slowly realize that Vanilla was terrible.

Or the fact that, unless you're a streamer or you have no job, or life, you're not going to accomplish much, and you won't have much to do.

Hard to blame people for wanting a fixed Vanilla.
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Didn't it work like a bubble? So the boss would actually switch to second on threat and kill em?

5+ Year Old Account
    does anyone actually answer this? gayworld, gay USA
    like y'all realize if they fix vanilla it's still vanilla right? making it so that people who main ele shaman and shadow priests can keep their main during the game doesn't change the fact that you're raiding naxx or w/e. allowing other people to enjoy the game the way they want to doesn't take anything away from you? and even if it does blizzard will probably care more about the mass amount of players used to being able to play every spec and wanting to play their own a lot more than you hoping things stay 100% the same as 12 years ago. like even the fact that this is "vanilla" vs "FIXED vanilla" shows that you know it was broken bs in the first place lol

Quote Originally Posted by shining View Post
    like y'all realize if they fix vanilla it's still vanilla right? making it so that people who main ele shaman and shadow priests can keep their main during the game doesn't change the fact that you're raiding naxx or w/e. allowing other people to enjoy the game the way they want to doesn't take anything away from you? and even if it does blizzard will probably care more about the mass amount of players used to being able to play every spec and wanting to play their own a lot more than you hoping things stay 100% the same as 12 years ago. like even the fact that this is "vanilla" vs "FIXED vanilla" shows that you know it was broken bs in the first place lol
    fixed vanilla is not vanilla. period.

IMO the only change should be graphics wise, and even that, optional.

Heh 20 pages of "RABEL No true Scottsmen Rable".
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvercrown View Post
    I played vanilla, it was garbage compared to modern WoW. They made the changes they have to FIX things, not make things worse. Classic servers will be moderately populated within a month.
    one persons idea of fixed is another persons idea of broke.

I cringe every time i see the devs post "you remember how awful it was to have to grind resist gear to kill a specific boss", because removing complexity is one of the worst decisions i think they ever did.

Where do you draw the line? the only sane answer is just to replicate vanilla as close to it was as possible.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    fixed vanilla is not vanilla. period.
    I mean it's real cute that you have such a fixed idea of vanilla that anything else would destroy it but it would be really foolish of blizzard to alienate most of their base by reducing most classes to one spec and forcing a majority of players to settle. Like no one's gonna when there's a perfectly fine recent expansion where they can play their spec in current content. It's not realistic. and if they decide to then that's their prerog and I'll still play until I get bored, but I also have a 110 of every class so I'm p adaptable. maybe they will say a big 'f you' to ele shaman and spriests but I'm willing to bet (nothing) that they'll balance the classes. and if, for you, so much of the enjoyment of the classic game was denying players the ability to play the spec they wanted then I have really bad news about your world view

Bloodsail Admiral CreatureLives's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dentelan View Post
    Group finder and lfr killed community and social aspect, that, in essrnce, is the real best part of vanilla
    Not for me. But everyone enjoys something different I guess.

I also am not planning to join a guild because I'm not planning to play full time. I still want to play the current game.

people who wanted vanilla HAVE BEEN PLAYING THE GAME ON PRIVATE SERVERS FOR YEARS. therefore we don't want any major changes, the game is fine. it's obviously mouth-breathing nu-wowers who want to change everything.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by berpherp View Post
    HAVE BEEN PLAYING THE GAME ON PRIVATE SERVERS FOR YEARS
    solved your own problem. bloop.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Icechaosss View Post
    I suppose this doesn't make sense to me. If you didn't play Vanilla, why would you want to change it when the campaign was for "Authenticity?"
    Beacuse, they are QoL heroes who needs to sit in their capital getting teleported to dungeons. And having the gaming pointing you in the right direction

why do y'all think a community of several, several millions of people is going to have - in any shape or form - a single, unified opinion on a topic?

Quote Originally Posted by Icechaosss View Post
    I think this is what Blizzard was most afraid of when people were crying for legacy servers.

To the people who want the same experience, this post isn't aimed at you. It's more aimed at the 10+ threads I've seen for the day begging for changes to classes, "QOL" changes, questing changes, XP changes etc.

I'm not here to say be "grateful" that you're getting Vanilla servers, in fact I'm happy for you guys. During this entire campaign, I've been curious as to how the "good ole days" were since I wasn't exactly old enough to enjoy Vanilla properly. I'm actually excited to try it. That being said, I know I'm not gonna stick to it and spend that much time on it. But I'll gladly try it out.

But why ask for changes now? Was it such a dream for Vanilla servers that you guys didn't expect Blizzard to do it, and now you want a "Fixed Vanilla?"
    If this experience really is changed can it even be considered Vanilla? I'm genuinely curious about this, because I feel like the fight before was "Retail vs Classic" and this is going to devolve into "Vanilla w/changes vs. Vanilla without changes"
    vanilla is fun but its old and not exciting anymore. take this from someone who plays on private servers. a remake akin to what Pokemon does to its classic games would be more exciting imo and sell better while updating all the outdated parts of the game and retaining the grind/social structures that maade the game enjoyable. Vanilla wasnt fun because you could single loot enemies , it was fun because of community.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by berpherp View Post
    people who wanted vanilla HAVE BEEN PLAYING THE GAME ON PRIVATE SERVERS FOR YEARS. therefore we don't want any major changes, the game is fine. it's obviously mouth-breathing nu-wowers who want to change everything.
    dont assume things Im a private server player and I want something fresh not whats available on lights hope right now. Nothing that touches the gameplay just ui and graphic updates could bring the game to life. I have to use sweetfx to make vanilla wow look less shitty

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daggot Ur View Post
    Didn't it work like a bubble? So the boss would actually switch to second on threat and kill em?
    Yeah. But we had 10 shammies playing tanks, while threat was chaotic, it kept damage on one target to a minimum. This thing, iirc, would indeed completely wipe threat on you, so the boss would switch to another target, until that person's chest proc'd, etc. Basically, threat roulette :-) Certainly not a top notch way of tanking, relied too much on RNG, we'd lose some DPS sometimes, but we still managed.

Keep in mind since shaman can't be REAL tanks, we were basically 30 DPS and 10 healers, with 10 equipped to tank. Threat bounced around like freaking crazy. I also can't remember which patch this happened in. I don't THINK Naxx was out yet, but I could be wrong. I never set foot in Naxx on ANY character, so I never really paid attention to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    I'm digging the idea of Classic servers, but I'd actually prefer Classic Progression servers like EQ did.

Essentially the servers launch as if it's day 1 classic (except with all bug fix patches applied from the start). After enough players have cleared Onyxia and Molten Core however many times, Blackwing Lair opens. Once enough clear that, Anh'Qiraj event triggers. So on and so forth until Naxxramas.

Now, once enough people have completed Naxxramas, the server can then unlock TBC and it's the same thing all over again.

The servers allowed for progression through all the expansions up to a point, I think. I think the Progression Servers had a stop point where they stayed there instead of accessing additional expansions.

Bit different than the straight Classic servers, which I assume will have, at least eventually, up to Naxxramas and no further.
    Pretty much this.

I think some people are after the Vanilla WoW that their rose coloured glasses show not what the actual reality of it was.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    This is why i felt the servers woudl never happen
    yes i want them
    but i dont think it will work for everyone. i dont care, but i know alot will

do people want NO CHANGE or changes?
    QoL like faster ooc regen? more graveyards/faster death walks?
    balance? less popular but some people may want to be able to play something other then the 1 spec that is 100000% better then the other two. Lol your a druid and not a healer? LOLOOLOLOLOLOL
    visual updates? mog, updated models?
    add to live? will we be able to get corrupted ashbringer, then send it/mog it on live?
    Transfer, will we be able to transfer charecters from the legacy to live?
    what patch do we want? do we want nax right away? just stay there, maybe move onto sunwell after a few years?
    do we want molten core, slowly move to nax? do we want to stop tere or move onto bc, eventually to sunwell?

also alot of people just wont pay for it... and we all know its gunna cost money. Why pay money if you can play for free on a private server that is exactly what you want cause there is millions of them

Beacuse i play retail to.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeexbean View Post
    vanilla is fun but its old and not exciting anymore. take this from someone who plays on private servers. a remake akin to what Pokemon does to its classic games would be more exciting imo and sell better while updating all the outdated parts of the game and retaining the grind/social structures that maade the game enjoyable. Vanilla wasnt fun because you could single loot enemies , it was fun because of community.

- - - Updated - - -

dont assume things Im a private server player and I want something fresh not whats available on lights hope right now. Nothing that touches the gameplay just ui and graphic updates could bring the game to life. I have to use sweetfx to make vanilla wow look less shitty
    I'm right here with you I play on a server regularly leveled to 60 I raid and all that and I am definitely in the group that if blizz is willing to fix some things update and do some quality of life changes I am all for it. You know the What-changes-to-classic-would-you-be-okay-with poll that's up? I voted yes on every single thing that it asked about because all of that would be great they certainly wont do all of that but I think it would be and it wouldn't lose anything for it. If they didn't do a single thing of that though I would still go play on the server and reroll all the same just because it would be better then what has been out there and it's reliability in comparison.

I see no difference between people asking for changes for a vanilla server and people asking for a re-mastered classic game in HD and new features.
    I WANT to play this vanilla server. But I am not 16 anymore, I would like some adjustments to not make the game easier (difficulty) but easier to deal with.