Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Titebiere83 View Post
    Pretty much what I'm thinking.
    Even if you look at the Chronicles World Map, you'll notice that those 2 new continents are the only one left, we have yet to discover.
    Sure we could travel to a Void planet next expansion, but after that, that's pretty much it.
    I'm thinking either a Warcraft 4 RTS after that to reset the story, or simply a World of Warcraft 2 taking place years and years later.
    People have said 'OH wait the scourge and the Lich king' but does he have any clout anymore to really threaten Azeroth?

Like i said i would not be surprised if N'zoth was the last guy just like i was surprised that we would deal with Sargeras in Legion.

I know people will say but what about the Void Lords and i say what about them? We can no more destroy the void anymore than we can destroy the light so maybe its best we stop trying to act like titans and just stick to Azeroth and try to rebuild our races and factions and thus the reason of BfA is gonna set up a never ending faction battle that neither side can win until Blizz turns off the servers!

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by WhatAgain666 View Post
    People have said 'OH wait the scourge and the Lich king' but does he have any clout anymore to really threaten Azeroth?
    It would be possible if Yogg-Saron were to grow in power and claim his mind.

But let's remember that Bolvar is infused with Alex's fire prior to losing her titanic blessing. It's quite possible that it allows him to have a stronger resistance to Old God influences.
    Last edited by DrMcNinja; 2017-11-11 at 10:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They can and will churn many more expansions. Like this whole Void Lord thing? We did not even hear about this as recent as MoP and suddenly these are going to be new Archimondes, Kiljaedens and Sargerases going forward.

We defeat Void Lords? Option one - TBC scenario where we temporarily hold them at bay, Option two - Legion scenario we wreck their homebase and kill the leaders. Next expansion? Lich King/Light Crazed Nazi Naaru like Xera/Powerful Titan Creations trying to take over Mogu style on galactic scale/Some new existential threat we have no idea about - pick your poison.

They can and will make expansions many years forwards, they can create threats and lore out of thin air like they did with MoP or Void Lords.

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    you realize tier numbers on sites like wowprogress are completely fabricated and aren't accurate to what blizzard considers a tier to be, right?

(hint: they consider tiers to be what I've been saying in this thread)
    You should look that up yourself. They said the opposite, and consider EN-NH all part of the same tier. Not "Tier 19", but first tier of Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Explorer View Post
    Some actually say they've header words 'in the next raid', that's what this thread exists for, to find out the truth.
    And how do you intend to do that?

What do you expect? Afrasiabi waltzing in here and spilling the beans?

Honestly, everyone should just chill, we don't know anything but that we will face Azshara after Uldir. Whether we kill her or give her a bloody nose and let her run away with a tail between her tentacles or it will be another "merely a setback" thing, whether we will do in Nazjatar or not, whether it will be first tier of BfA or second.

We just can't divine this "truth", it's all speculation.

I think its somewhat obvious that Azsharas raid (Lets call it Azsharas Palace) will be delivered in a patch in conjunction with multiple zones (Naz'jatar). Just like Argus and Antorus.

Quote Originally Posted by Yousef View Post
    What made people say Azshara is the 2nd raid boss? I never ever heard any specifics in Blizzcon or interviews, just "Azshara will be there"
    They probably took the fact that Ion was talking about the "dark threat from the sea" that threatens Kul Tiras being the focus of the second raid and then went on to telling us that we will be facing off against Azshara before all is said and done in BfA to mean that she will be in the second raid as a boss herself. (It doesn't, there was a noticeable break between the two.)

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    ??? Argus is the last boss of Legion if you didn't know.

Yeah, she's probably going to be boss of the first tier(like Gul'dan).

That's not the case, we aren't going to sacrifice our artifact, don't be ridiculous.
    1. Eazy, I know that. I was just talking about the fact that Kil'jaeden was NOT the final boss of Legion, despite most people claiming that he will.

2. That's likely the case, Azshara seems too weak for her to be mid-tier material.

3. We're not just going to hand out our Artifacts back to their original owners. Hell, Blizzard even said, during Blizzcon mind you, that our Artifacts will go out in a BANG! So, they may have a major role to play in Sargeras' imprisonment.

Here's what I think will happen: The Pantheon, Illidan, Magni, and Argus' Corpse start the Ritual. Sargeras is getting pushed back, but it isn't enough. Before we leave the Seat of the Pantheon, Illidan asks us for 1 final sacrifice against the Legion. And that is to be apart of the Ritual, and hand out all of our Artifact Power to push Sargeras into Imprisonment. Once we sacrifice our Artifact's might, we leave. Then, at the end of the Cinematic, it shows both the Pantheon, and Argus trapped at their Seats, with Sargeras being in the center, chained and unable to move. Illidan is there, watching Sargeras. And then, at the end of it, the camera goes up, and a Black Screen ends the entire thing.

A Bittersweet end to Legion.

We might see ANOTHER Bittersweet ending to the Void Lord's Story, as well.

Absolutely that. She's basically is same to elves what Gul'dan is for the orcs and what Arthas is for humans.
    And I've had pretty same ideas about her kingdom as Northrend, she as LK, her plans and character slowly showing up. Sure Nazjatar is not as big as Northrend, so I anticipated other islands like Zandalar and Kul'tiras be there, to make the expansion seem more versatile. Still, they added the total war thing and that greatly cut the space for Azshara's story and shrinked her empire from a continent to a zone, if not just a raid, at best.
    I don't think you have to consider Nazjatar being just a zone. Certainly we don't know more about it than we did about the Broken Isles, and they took the liberty to expand that to be a big continent rather than just a small collection of islands. They could totally go down that route, if they wanted to.

Bloodsail Admiral CreatureLives's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Nazjatar might be the Azshara raid and maybe even work as the "Broken Shore" of the new expansion as an end game quest area telling the whole Azshara and Naga storyline.

I honestly believe there will be a third mini continent that is shared with Alliance and Horde in a later patch. I think Blizzard has realized we don't need to see every piece of content at launch. Look at Argus.

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    A demise fitting for such an overhyped character....

But seriously, end bosses of 2nd raids tends to be awesome: Gul'dan, Blackhand, cata Ragnaros, Lei Shen
    Yogg-Saron!!! My BFF.

Yes, I like the trend here. All those bosses were great.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    I think its somewhat obvious that Azsharas raid (Lets call it Azsharas Palace) will be delivered in a patch in conjunction with multiple zones (Naz'jatar). Just like Argus and Antorus.
    Yes i think that is the most likely outcome - we will face Azshara and her Naga in a Nazjatar patch and will probably het rid of her there. Which is an absolute shame because she couldve easily carried an expansion all on her own, not just one measely patch, no matter how good or big it might be. Blizzard shooting themselves in the foot again, they want to extend the lifespan of wow yet choose to shoehorn one of 2 last remaining legendary villains from original WC in a midtier patch in an xpac not devoted to her...

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    It was hinted that Azshara would be part of the Kul Tiras raid after Uldir.
    No It wasn't. I covered everything that was said in the post that you were replying to here. There were no hints at all about anything specific at all. Just that Queen Azshara would be a boss at some point in a raid in this expansion. That's it. The rest is pure conjecture, period end of discussion.
    Last edited by Shakou; 2017-11-12 at 05:55 AM.

I mean, was it anyhow confirmed or just a pure speculation?
    If yes, and she's really the 'Blackhand' or 'Gul'dan' of 8.1, I'd really feel disappointed. The Naga Empire deserve more, they should have some story, okay if not expansion, at least a major patch, do you agree? And more importantly.
    How are they going to introduce the Naga and their Queen without adding their land, Nazjatar?
    From all this, she can't be a boss of 2nd raid, there has to be some more story and additional content patch like 8.2, that would add a new zone(s) of the Naga Empire. They deserve it no less than Argus or Lei Shen at least.
    So are there any confirmation from Blizz?
    It will be a boss in the expansion. No mention if in the 2nd, 3rd or 4th raid (if there are that many).

It can easily be like Argus... big patch, 8.2 or 8.3, Nazjatar is introduced, you go there, done. She'll probably be the end boss to tie in with the void next expansion.

So err, how do you know they won't introduce her properly or that we're not vising nazjatar?

You ... don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nothingsjim View Post
    I won't be surprised if we're fighting an echo of her power/minions instead of herself.

Well of Eternity, she's toying with us while we deal with her guards.
    Eye of Azshara, we're dealing with water Rag while Azshara herself didn't even show up.

May be we will be dealing with something like Pride of Azshara as tier two raid boss instead of herself?
    But we have beat stronger beings then her already all over lore. From her Old allies in the legion, to the elemental lords, to Deathwing, To her new bosses the old gods. She isn't really that illustrious a villain any more (A side effect of the crazy power scaling.), so its not like she needs to be saved for some ultimate climax. Hell her last big plan didn't even get very far before we snuffed it out. At this point I'd put her next to Arthas and Gul'dan in relative threat level, shes dangerous if left alone, but not a world ending power by herself.

Quote Originally Posted by Exilian View Post
    Yes i think that is the most likely outcome - we will face Azshara and her Naga in a Nazjatar patch and will probably het rid of her there. Which is an absolute shame because she couldve easily carried an expansion all on her own, not just one measely patch, no matter how good or big it might be. Blizzard shooting themselves in the foot again, they want to extend the lifespan of wow yet choose to shoehorn one of 2 last remaining legendary villains from original WC in a midtier patch in an xpac not devoted to her...
    Look, I get that you're a Queen Azshara fanboy and all, but she is not remotely as important a character or as much a big bad as some of you exaggerate her to be. She's literally always played second fiddle to someone else, even in stories that were most about her. Her place is definitely not and never was planned to be up there with the Lich King. I mean really get a grip, she's barely even a character in the actual games.

I think the issue is that people associate her with the sundering as if she herself caused it, and for them this is somehow a sign of her enormous power, except that she didn't cause the sundering. It was the spell used to close the portal (also not personally opened by her) that would usher Sargeras into the world that caused it. She herself is (no doubt a capable sorcerous) but mainly a failed power-hungry leader that got owned and then made a pact with an Old God so she could eventually be a raid boss, and if she's got any role bigger than that? Well it's probably got something to do with breaking that final Old God out of prison. She certainly doesn't deserve some status far and beyond what we got with Xavius or even Elisande really.
    Last edited by Shakou; 2017-11-12 at 06:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    It will be a boss in the expansion. No mention if in the 2nd, 3rd or 4th raid (if there are that many).

It can easily be like Argus... big patch, 8.2 or 8.3, Nazjatar is introduced, you go there, done. She'll probably be the end boss to tie in with the void next expansion.

So err, how do you know they won't introduce her properly or that we're not vising nazjatar?

You ... don't.
    The fact that she'd be in a patch (which inherently has a limited size) already suggests she won't be given proper story development. As many have said, she and the Naga could easily carry an entire expansion. To be reduced to a zone or two of questing is pretty awful. I mean hell, a zone is what we had for a minor Naga figure in Cata and Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    Look, I get that you're a Queen Azshara fanboy and all, but she is not remotely as important a character or as much a big bad as some of you exaggerate her to be. She's literally always played second fiddle to someone else, even in stories that were most about her. Her place is definitely not and never was planned to be up there with the Lich King. I mean really get a grip, she's barely even a character in the actual games.

I think the issue is that people associate her with the sundering as if she herself caused it, and for them this is somehow a sign of her enormous power, except that she didn't cause the sundering. It was the spell used to close the portal (also not personally opened by her) that would usher Sargeras into the world that caused it. She herself is (no doubt a capable sorcerous) but mainly a failed power-hungry leader that got owned and then made a pact with an Old God so she could eventually be a raid boss, and if she's got any role bigger than that? Well it's probably got something to do with breaking that final Old God out of prison. She certainly doesn't deserve some status far and beyond what we got with Xavius.
    I think the problem is that you are trying to compare a boy who picked up a cursed sword, ruined two countries and then went off to partially rule a frozen wasteland to the north; with what is in all likelihood the strongest "mortal" spellcaster who has ever lived, a woman who from hundreds/thousands of miles away was able to destroy a titan artifact and who ruled nearly the entirety of the planet for several thousand years prior to the sundering.

The Naga are a far more wide-spread and persistent threat than the scourge ever was, even without the more recent addition of N'zoth's forces. And Azshara is much more dangerous than Arthas ever was, even before Old god empowerment.
    Last edited by Hitei; 2017-11-12 at 06:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post

I think the issue is that people associate her with the sundering as if she herself caused it, and for them this is somehow a sign of her enormous power, except that she didn't cause the sundering. It was the spell used to close the portal (also not personally opened by her) that would usher Sargeras into the world that caused it. She herself is (no doubt a capable sorcerous) but mainly a failed power-hungry leader that got owned and then made a pact with an Old God so she could eventually be a raid boss, and if she's got any role bigger than that? Well it's probably got something to do with breaking that final Old God out of prison. She certainly doesn't deserve some status far and beyond what we got with Xavius or even Elisande really.
    I think you misunderstand what it is Azshara is liked for. Sure, she isnt Sargeras level powerful nor did she cause the sundering all on her own. However, she is (one of) the greatest mages ever in WC history, with amazing inborn talent. On top of that, she sucked the Well of Eternity like there was no tomorrow, plus she's been empowered by N'zoth, plus shes had thousands of years to hone her craft and increase her armies. But you seem to think that because she's always been someone else's "lackey"(first Sargeras, now N'zoth) shes not an interesting character like Arthas. In fact that makes her even more interesting imo - shes naturally powerful, but not godlike poweful, yet shes hungry for more, so shes always around the big boys trying to get a peice of the cake. Who doesnt love character like that? Its usually them that win out in the end, cos they just wait for their opportunity for the big boss to slip up and then eat him alive.

No one on the What's Next panels said she is the last boss.. She will be a boss. But we don't know if end boss or not. I hope we get Naga zone tho. And she introducing us to N'zoth. Opening his prison with Khadgar and the keys that we collected thru Broken Isles

I mean, was it anyhow confirmed or just a pure speculation?
    If yes, and she's really the 'Blackhand' or 'Gul'dan' of 8.1, I'd really feel disappointed. The Naga Empire deserve more, they should have some story, okay if not expansion, at least a major patch, do you agree? And more importantly.
    How are they going to introduce the Naga and their Queen without adding their land, Nazjatar?
    From all this, she can't be a boss of 2nd raid, there has to be some more story and additional content patch like 8.2, that would add a new zone(s) of the Naga Empire. They deserve it no less than Argus or Lei Shen at least.
    So are there any confirmation from Blizz?
    Its so early into development of the expansion Beta isn't even out yet and you want confirmation on what they're doing in a later tier of the expansion....stop making pointless threads.