Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Demsi View Post
    Paladins were healers, and i hated that, but rerolling back then wasn't an option, lvling took ages.

They NEED to balance classes, or else you're going to see a lot of people quitting because they cant play the specs they want.
    Well yeah, I mean there's a LOT of fucked up things about Vanilla that could make people quit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drpizka View Post
    Wrong.

We want plain vanilla.

These threads that you refer to, are from modern-day crybabies that want to play vanilla in their own -easy- way.

Guess what. Even a single QoL feature, and it is not vanilla.

All veterans are asking for plain vanilla. Nothing more
    Is support for modern resolutions to much to ask? Or is that not vanilla enough.

Deleted
    Wrong.

We want plain vanilla.

These threads that you refer to, are from modern-day crybabies that want to play vanilla in their own -easy- way.

Wrong.

I'm a veteran and I don't want plain vanilla. Plain vanilla was a pain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps, but then Blizz will have all rights to go after and close those servers. At the moment, all private servers claim "hey, we just offer players a choice to play the game that you created but are not hosting right now". When classic is out, and it is 100% vanilla, then all these servers will not have this justification.
    I'm pretty sure some of those scumbags will use any excuse to "justify" their servers like OMG Blizz uses updated client not authentic!! We provide true vanilla! Or something BS like that...

Deleted
    They should do it like Runescape; having an old version of the game, but still adding fun things to the game. That’s what I like to say and an no one will tell me I can’t ask for this. You’re not special OP so your words won’t mean much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Well yeah, I mean there's a LOT of fucked up things about Vanilla that could make people quit.
    My prediction is that classic will have a giant surge of players at launch, but very quickly people will complain on forums and eventually quit, and we're left with the nostalrius crowd that wants "pure" vanilla.

That is assuming we dont see any significant changes.

I think "StarCraft: Remastered" was a success in its own scale, and motivated them even more for WoW classic project.

I prefer the broken classes of vanilla though, than the completely imbalanced classes (on pvp) on WoD and Legion!
    What a wonderful and completly valid opinion!

You sure sound like someone we should listen and pander to, I sure hope blizzard will hire you some day.
    /S

Again, all the requests do not come from veterans, rather from modern day (p2w) players that want to ruin our experience.
    How is modern day WoW "p2w"?
    When does a player "win"? When they do the latest mythic raid? You could pay for a raid boost since vanilla, so nothing new there.
    When they reach the highest level? That's not winning that's just saving time.
    When they win PvP? Unless you have a godlike group it's hard to get boosted in PvP and get to the highest rankings, so you can't "win" there without being good at PvP yourself.

I'd really like to know what you consider "winning" in WoW and how people are paying for it.

Edit: And the idea that people want to purposely "ruin" your experience is just plain stupid.
    They are asking for things that would make the game better in their opinion. You can disagree with their opinion, but that does not make them malevolent.
    Last edited by Aydinx2; 2017-11-12 at 11:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Quote Originally Posted by Triumph View Post
    They should do it like Runescape; having an old version of the game, but still adding fun things to the game. That’s what I like to say and an no one will tell me I can’t ask for this. You’re not special OP so your words won’t mean much.
    Runescape is basically a different game now when compared to the original "RS2" from 2005-2008. Wow is pretty much the same, yes mechanics, talents and quality of life stuff was added, but in general everything works pretty much the same. If you have any idea about runescape I'm sure you can appreciate that the difference between RS2 and RS3 is something completely different than the one between wow classic and wow legion.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hell-Nicø View Post
    What a wonderful and completly valid opinion!

You sure sound like someone we should listen and pander to, I sure hope blizzard will hire you some day.
    /S
    Actually I am seriously thinking of applying for the vanilla vacancy. I would have already applied if it wasn't for the visa procedure.

And again, it's my PERSONAL opinion. I won't apologise if it doesn't match yours.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    How is modern day WoW "p2w"?
    When does a player "win"? When they do the latest mythic raid? You could pay for a raid boost since vanilla, so nothing new there.
    When they reach the highest level? That's not winning that's just saving time.
    When they win PvP? Unless you have a godlike group it's hard to get boosted in PvP and get to the highest rankings, so you can't "win" there without being good at PvP yourself.

I'd really like to know what you consider "winning" in WoW and how people are paying for it.

Edit: And the idea that people want to purposely "ruin" your experience is just plain stupid.
    They are asking for things that would make the game better in their opinion. You can disagree with their opinion, but that does not make them malevolent.
    I didn't say WoW is p2w, I said that the playerbase are used to p2w methods, and to easy gaming. Have you forgotten of the legendary items in Legion? Orange is the new purple. People are getting awarded for doing daily quests, with legendary items! Wow, that's hard, yeah!

And I didn't see many people asking for these QoL when we were asking for vanilla servers. I only saw people mocking us.

My take on the whole wow Vanilla stuff.

I enjoyed TBC, Wrath, Cata, Mop,Wod (while leveling max level was a joke) and legion. However I view Classic wow servers as kind of a reset button story wise. For me its as if we got an opportunity to go back before the Garrosh nonsense the breaking of the world etc. Also this can be taken as a reset of the lore too for classic. No more one legion for multiple worlds BS etc. Just us recovering from a world torn apart by the third war.

I would be happy with we get a choice of server, "true" Vanilla for people who dont want any QOL, (bug fixes graphics options transmog and group finder).

If they did a separate server option where we get graphics options + some QOL then we can make both sides happy.

It doesn't matter what version or features will be implemented.
    There will inevitably be whiners that are not pleased with what they've got and most of them don't really want a classic server anyway but are simply nostalgic.

The first thing that comes to my mind when I hear vanilla wow, is the absolutely horrible gameplay in some places. For example the pvp system.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    What I'm wondering about is what the hell do all these vanilla fanatics going to do once they have reached end game content and have been playing that for 1-3 years.
    Just keep on grinding the same content over and over again with no new events?
    yes thats their idea of fun and dont you dare judge them

some people just dream about staying 16 till death and never grow up

10+ Year Old Account
    OP probably got his kingslayer achievement during WoD, thats how hardcore he is

Wrong.

We want plain vanilla.

I want updated vanilla and I played WoW since 2004. Thank you.

Where were you on nostalrius megathread, when we were asking for the vanilla server??

Were you asking for a modified vanilla server?

Or it came up to you now?
    He's probably a bandwagon'er, they all are. Mocked classic demands, constantly stated that it wouldn't happen, that we were insane, that vanilla was long gone and never to return...

... and alas, here it comes, so they decide to show up and suggest every shitty suggestion possible.

I don't get it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ManiaCCC View Post
    I want updated vanilla and I played WoW since 2004. Thank you.
    "Oh cool trailer, i'll give a it a go", that's probably you after blizzcon.

You do realize many of us have been fighting for an official classic\vanila realm for years, an authentic experience... but alas, here comes the hype train crowd requesting random shit that will completely defeat the purpose.

you want updated vanilla? just fucking play Legion, and BFA when it releases.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    What I'm wondering about is what the hell do all these vanilla fanatics going to do once they have reached end game content and have been playing that for 1-3 years.
    Just keep on grinding the same content over and over again with no new events?
    What a silly question.

You do realize people still play old stuff right? Like Final Fantasy VII on the playstation 1, or fucking pokemons on gameboys... those have no new content. People play them because they enjoy them as they are, what's so hard to understand? Holy hell.

What do you care if people are playing it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xjev View Post
    I think "StarCraft: Remastered" was a success in its own scale, and motivated them even more for WoW classic project.
    A game that would benefit a lot from a 'Remaster' version, and specifically a 'face-lift' (improved graphics), would be Diablo 2, that would be an insane success.

I personally don't care about not getting a bunch of QoL stuff like not needing reagents, dual spec, aoe loot, etc. I won't mind attunements, rarity of gold, length of time before you get your first mount, and excessive farming time outside of raid.

But I'm not sure how good of an idea it is to re release vanilla with stuff that was flat out broken. Like half (or more) of the specs, flights not connecting, etc.

PS I've seen plenty of WoW "veterans" that have played vanilla that want an updated vanilla. I'm not sure why everyone likes to make sweeping generalizations assuming everyone thinks like they do.

I think a lot of people that are clamoring for a 100% authentic vanilla will be in for a surprise if they get what they want. I expect it to be wildly popular for a few months then experience a severe dropoff as people who were able to dump 8+ hours a day into the game 12 years ago are no longer able to now.
    Last edited by Notdev; 2017-11-13 at 04:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    "Oh cool trailer, i'll give a it a go", that's probably you after blizzcon.
    Look, here is your problem. If something is not as you imagined, you will use any assumption to dismiss other opinion, so your agenda is not hurt. And no, you are wrong.

In the end, it doesn't matter what you or I want. It is, in the end, about money. Let's see if blizzard believe bringing pure Vanilla experience is the right decision, or if they think about Classic as "Vanilla remastered".

But just from interviews, they are not bringing old client back. It seems, they are actually reworking Vanilla experience inside new client. There will be changes. Let's see how many you will agree with.

I am sick of the word "vanilla".