Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Just completed it, saw the overall responses were not what I expected!

would you like an option to pay an additional $15/month to double your leveling rate?
    maximum alarm bells!

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    i wonder how many people would vote yes for adding more graveyards.
    I sure would.

More annoying =/= harder

We want classic wow

Would you like to see new raids and dungeons added that were hinted at during vanilla, but never implemented (such as Grim Batol, Uldum, Hyjal, etc.)?

66.9% yes

Blizzard would never actually do that because it would mean they are ripping apart their playerbase. Classic wow would be competing with retail on content. This would make community pretty mad that they have to leave the retail version to experience new content in another game basically.

15+ Year Old Account

What the f-- is wrong with people, really. So it's warrior or bust?

Some of the questions are bonkers as well, P2W - really?

EDIT: Ok, lol - at least in the matter of flying mounts and group finders people are consistent.
    Last edited by Spray; 2017-11-15 at 12:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    But Classic "expansions" are absolutely terrible on every level, a betrayal of everyone and a sick joke! There are a lot of major issues that can come from something like that:

- The lore becomes splintered, there is one "original" timeline where Naxx is followed by an expedition to Outland, and another where other things happen.
    I agree that this can be an issue, unless they keep new content to minor events.

- People who chose not to play Classic now wake up to original content locked behind a wall of leveling, and potentially gearing through to Naxx.
    Doesn't really seem like a real issue, more things for people to do in between expansions.

- A lot more development time has to be used to create original content, taking away from the regular game.
    Depends how the development team is set up, I assume classic will be a completely seperate team. Also, if they have more stuff to do, blizzard will just hire more people, that is, if it would be profitable.

- Long term, you now find yourself in a situation where you like the theme of either Classic or Standard, but you hate the gameplay philosophy, creating frustration on both sides.
    That can be an issue, but no game will be perfect. For example,there will be people who want to experience classic raiding, but with all the QoL features implemented, which we can both agree is a bad thing. Even without new classic content, this will happen.

- This would split the community even more between people who want new Classic "expansions" and people who want to progress to Legacy Burning Crusade.
    Completely agree with you on this. I would not mind either, and in fact, would not mind classic just staying at naxx or getting a fresh start every few years.
    I think a progressive classic server which follows the original releases is probably the best option. For example when classic server A updates to TBC, Classic server B launches a fresh vanilla and so on.

- The whole "Classic" feeling becomes bastardized, people will only be able to have a genuine nostalgic experience if they play at release, after a couple of years it would be just like post BC: nobody cares about Naxx anymore, people run around in gear that was never made for Classic, etc.
    True, it all depens how long people will want to play vanilla without new content or a progression to TBC. As I said, I wouldn't mind just classic as it was for a few years before they would ever consider TBC or new classic content.

- By the way, they wouldn't be able to keep adding new gear without a power reset, because things like Haste, Crit, Hit, etc. are going to reach their cap at some point and become irrelevant. Spell cost wasn't percentage based, so with an increased mana pool and spirit healers would never run oom anymore, players would reach a level of dodge where mobs and bosses miss all the time... stuff like that.
    True

- Adding new content opens the servers up for changes. Should the new content have modern quality models and tiers? Should they just look like shit so they don't upstage the older raids? Is it ok to add LFR and catchup mechanisms for this new content so that players who were never warned about it and never signed up for Classic realms be able to skip all the old stuff an experience it? If they add new mounts/transmogs with this new content, shouldn't we be able to unlock it on live? Etc. etc, I hope you get my point.
    I definitely get your point. I think I also didn't word mine well enough in my post. I voted 'yes' on new content, but it wasn't really a hard 'yes', and it was a 'yes, but...'. I would not mind just stopping progression at nax, or going to TBC (and starting a new vanilla server at the same time).
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Spray View Post
    img

What the f-- is wrong with people, really. So it's warrior or bust?

Some of the questions are bonkers as well, P2W - really?
    We want it as it was, nothing different. Like everyone keeps repeating. If you dont want Classic, dont play classic.....

And yeah the P2W is ridicolous.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    We want classic wow

Would you like to see new raids and dungeons added that were hinted at during vanilla, but never implemented (such as Grim Batol, Uldum, Hyjal, etc.)?

66.9% yes

Blizzard would never actually do that because it would mean they are ripping apart their playerbase. Classic wow would be competing with retail on content. This would make community pretty mad that they have to leave the retail version to experience new content in another game basically.
    I voted No for expansions, but Yes to this simply because if they do - this is what should be developed. But I am overall against it. Its just the best way to go if the majority votes badly..
    Shadowlands - Server first 60 Rogue on Tarren-Mill EU
    Classic - Server first 60 Rogue on Gandling EU
    Server first Ragnaros, World 6th

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    This worries me.
    It's not a blizzard-made survey. The creator probably put it in to show blizzard how unpopular of an opinion it is. Given the votes on it, it's a good thing that it was put in.
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Deleted
    I voted Yes to all changes and casualization possible, cause fuck the smug Vanilla crowd

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rupenbritz View Post
    We want it as it was, nothing different. Like everyone keeps repeating. If you dont want Classic, dont play classic.....

And yeah the P2W is ridicolous.
    Yes, I understand - I also want the Classic to be the reflection of ye olde days, BUT-- this is not a fun gameplay or nostalgia to get benched or restricted to only one raid function (like Druids and healing). It could still be a Classic feeling if everyone would have a chance to experience it. QoL doesn't break the game, it can only improve it.

Deleted
    I'm just sitting here, waiting for the days classic actually launches and all I'll be doing is to get Loremaster.

I've already done it all, farmed all sets for Valor (Even the 1.5 set) and progressed upto the first few bosses of Naxxramas. Why would I want to spend time again to raid the places I've already done?

I just want to experience the questing again, the route to lvl 60. The amazing world and the exploration is what made me love WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by jvbastel View Post
    Completely agree with you on this. I would not mind either, and in fact, would not mind classic just staying at naxx or getting a fresh start every few years.
    I think a progressive classic server which follows the original releases is probably the best option. For example when classic server A updates to TBC, Classic server B launches a fresh vanilla and so on.
    I think many people are struggling with this. Personally I'd rather have Classic Server A remains, and TBC is Classic Server B.
    If I'm forced to move my vanilla char to the TBC realm I will never play Vanilla again. However I wouldnt mind leveling up 1-70 on a new server for TBC (Are we adding RaF? ) and from time to time still play Vanilla.

There are a lot of pro's to my approach with this. Because if we do it your way, and I choose class A in Vanilla because it was fun in vanilla. Now im stuck with it in TBC also, but I might have wanted to reroll for TBC. Idk it just gets messy quickly.

I think the OPTIMAL solution would be Server A stays vanilla, Server B opens TBC, first month you can transfer your vanilla char (NOT COPY) if you want. This way both sides are happy. I can keep my vanilla char and go a new TBC one, you can move yours if you wish.
    Last edited by Rupenbritz; 2017-11-15 at 12:55 PM.
    Shadowlands - Server first 60 Rogue on Tarren-Mill EU
    Classic - Server first 60 Rogue on Gandling EU
    Server first Ragnaros, World 6th

Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    if you want Classic servers to fail encourage blizzard to change nothing about vanilla

i want them to fail so i voted for no changes
    Salt is good for you, but in reasonable doses.

Quote Originally Posted by Spray View Post
    Yes, I understand - I also want the Classic to be the reflection of ye olde days, BUT-- this is not a fun gameplay or nostalgia to get benched or restricted to only one raid function (like Druids and healing). It could still be a Classic feeling if everyone would have a chance to experience it. QoL doesn't break the game, it can only improve it.
    This is questionable. LFD I think is a very good example of QoL not strictly equating to positive. 15/month for double leveling is QoL, etc. Where as Auto-Loot is a QoL change I think we could universally call positive. The merit of the change should be examined as QoL can definitely equate to negativity.

Additionally, changing classes entirely is more of a gameplay shift than a QoL shift. I'm not sure If I'm against it or not (leaning with against), but changing the viability of classes would definitely have a profound impact on the Classic V. Vanilla endgame experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rupenbritz View Post
    I think many people are struggling with this. Personally I'd rather have Classic Server A remains, and TBC is Classic Server B.
    If I'm forced to move my vanilla char to the TBC realm I will never play Vanilla again. However I wouldnt mind leveling up 1-70 on a new server for TBC (Are we adding RaF? ) and from time to time still play Vanilla.
    Either works for me personally. I wouldn't mind leveling a new character in classic if the server gets upgraded to TBC after a year of 2-3. I could see the new server option (with migration) being the better, though.
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Marweinicus View Post
    I'm just sitting here, waiting for the days classic actually launches and all I'll be doing is to get Loremaster.

I've already done it all, farmed all sets for Valor (Even the 1.5 set) and progressed upto the first few bosses of Naxxramas. Why would I want to spend time again to raid the places I've already done?

I just want to experience the questing again, the route to lvl 60. The amazing world and the exploration is what made me love WoW.
    Achievements didn't came until mid-TBC. So, for Loremaster... Unless it's implemented in a way in Classic of course.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Boshusan View Post
    Achievements didn't came until mid-TBC. So, for Loremaster... Unless it's implemented in a way in Classic of course.
    I know. I didn't really mean getting the achievement, more like doing all the quests. Doing all the quests is basicly doing the Loremaster achievement.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by slaskel View Post
    I voted Yes to all changes and casualization possible, cause fuck the smug Vanilla crowd
    try harder, cause your loosing <3

Deleted
    So... I get that they ask which Classic features should be implemented, if they have been into some later patches (the 1.x numbers). What I don't get is why they are asking for adding features which have never been in Classic. This is quite disgusting.

Like, Classic zealots shit constantly on later game iterations, especially many QoL features, and then these fuckers should be given exactly this? WTF?

If they get features which have been implemented in TBC or later, then this is not Classic anymore. Go DIAF.

General consensus; systematically add content while having the later part QoL [of vanilla] and balances present upon release. I'd be game with that.