Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I believe it should be spec-locked.

I don't want to see a shaman with a paladin artifact, a warrior with a hunter artifact and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post

I don't want to see a shaman with a paladin artifact, a warrior with a hunter artifact and so on.
    You mean class-locked then.
    That, i can agree but i want to be able to use my Brewmaster staff as Mistweaver.

Quote Originally Posted by Preia View Post
    You mean class-locked then.
    That, i can agree but i want to be able to use my Brewmaster staff as Mistweaver.
    I wouldn't want Thas'dorah in a BM's hands now after all this time, but then again, what would happen with artifacts from almost completely unused specs, such as survival? Those appearances would be almost completely unused. It is hard to find middle ground here.

And yeah, meant class-locked. My mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    Neither am i, but this is a change that affects me
    But it's not a change, it's a continuation of what we already have.

If you want to use the holy artifact appearance on your paladin now, you have to be holy.
    If you want to use the holy artifact appearance on your paladin in BfA, you have to be holy.

What would happen with artifacts from almost completely unused specs, such as survival? Those appearances would be almost completely unused.
    Consider it a perk for playing those specs.

Why?Because im trying to have a discussion as too why Blizzard should take a different approach?
    No, because when your argument is "Because I earned it I want it" you sound like a kid stomping their feet in a huff because their parents won't let them eat all their halloween candy in one go. Stick to the less emotional, less entitled reasons.
    Last edited by Mic_128; 2017-11-18 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    But it's not a change, it's a continuation of what we already have.

If you want to use the holy artifact appearance on your paladin now, you have to be holy.
    If you want to use the holy artifact appearance on your paladin in BfA, you have to be holy.
    But what if i end up not equiping a Weapon from the same type as the Artifact?

In legion is not a problem because you only use one weapon.

But in BFa if i don't equip a 2h out of necessity i can't use the Holy skins neither the Protection skins, so all the work i did for those skins is worthless because i can't use them.

- - - Updated - - -

No, because when your argument is "Because I earned it I want it" you sound like a kid stomping their feet in a huff because their parents won't let them eat all their halloween candy in one go. Stick to the less emotional, less entitled reasons.
    So despite all the stuff i've done, you are saying i shouldn't be able to use those skins.

That im farming Argus non stop and should be punish for doing so.

This is the kind of message you are passing.Should a Mythic raider not use the gear he got from clearing Mythic?Or PvPers can't use the Mounts/titles and elite sets they earned?Or someone that farmed Invincible for almost 5 years not be able to use it?

its a pretty lame decision. god forbid people have some fun transmogging the weapons they like. anduin can use a sword now but your ret paladin can't hold the silver hand because it's the wrong type of hammer

they should be class-based at least but better yet just let them work like all the other weapon transmogs in the game and let people have fun with it. grom's axe is supposed to be some legendary weapon but somehow no one lost their minds when they didnt make it warrior only

This is the kind of message you are passing.Should a Mythic raider not use the gear he got from clearing Mythic?Or PvPers can't use the Mounts/titles and elite sets they earned?Or someone that farmed Invincible for almost 5 years not be able to use it?
    They can. But if you earn Invincible and then start protesting that you can't mount it indoors, yeah no. You can't complain about that, just like you can't complain about using the DPS glaves in your DH's tank spec. They never were able to before and that hasn't changed.

Yes, you could get a MH/OH from a raid instead of a 2-hander in BfA. That doesn't stop you from keeping the transmog appearance. That doesn't stop you from transmogging 2-handers.

They can. But if you earn Invincible and then start protesting that you can't mount it indoors, yeah no. You can't complain about that, just like you can't complain about using the DPS glaves in your DH's tank spec. They never were able to before and that hasn't changed.

Yes, you could get a MH/OH from a raid instead of a 2-hander in BfA. That doesn't stop you from keeping the transmog appearance. That doesn't stop you from transmogging 2-handers.

Yes it does, because right now i can whatever, i want ,use any of the appearances of Holy i got.But if i got a1H/MH/OH item i am unable to use Holy skins, because of the Type of the Weapon, nor can i use the Skins from Protection to fill the gap because its Spec locked.

So in the end i can't use anything.Which my example specifies, i will be unable to use the things i earned because of blizzard's decision.

Also, yeah, they never promise that i would be able to use all of skins.But they also said Legacy servers wouldn't happen.

People that don't play the game and talk shit about said game can earn a server that will take 2 years to make, but i can't give feeback so that they can change things in the future expansion for something COSMETIC?
    Last edited by Darktbs; 2017-11-18 at 04:52 PM.

OP is dumb,

it means a holy paladin (even though he is using a 2h healer weapon) wont be able to transmog it into ashbringer, which is the system we currently have in legion and it makes perfect sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    They just need to allow people to transmog any appearance they can use any weapon(s) they want. I'm fine with spec specific artifact appearances, but it's going to suck for people who love their artifact appearance to lose access to it for the entire expansion because the specific weapon type doesn't exist, or they never get to drop.
    interesting. as there are only two ball and chains currently available will that be lost forever or will every tom dick and harry be running around with one when blizzard makes more available. niether sounds really apealing, but honesly I would rather lose the hardest artifact appearance to gain than watch it be handed out like candy.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixhart View Post
    Where was this noted?
    I love when ignorant people havn't been keeping up with info that is well-known to everyone and acts like that. But for your question, they said so during the Blizzcon Questions. I believe the video can be found here actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamir View Post
    OP is dumb,

it means a holy paladin (even though he is using a 2h healer weapon) wont be able to transmog it into ashbringer, which is the system we currently have in legion and it makes perfect sense.
    Does it really matter? It's a Paladin wielding an Ashbringer. The lore's good enough with that.

but mogging my holy artifact mace into sha-weapons or Quel'derrar is as right as much as mogging my fury's two handers into blood tempered ranseur which only blood elf paladins obtained, right?

just let it stay in the class and everything is alright

Yes it does, because right now i can whatever, i want ,use any of the appearances of Holy i got.But if i got a1H/MH/OH item i am unable to use Holy skins, because of the Type of the Weapon, nor can i use the Skins from Protection to fill the gap because its Spec locked.

So in the end i can't use anything.Which my example specifies, i will be unable to use the things i earned because of blizzard's decision.
    I guess you'll just have to use one of the hundreds of other weapons you have earned until you get another 2-hander. Much like those who were protesting about being unable to be a holy paladin with a shield had at the start of Legion.

You mean class locked, and on that I agree, a Death Knight with Ashbringer wouldn't feel right (albeit one with the corrupted skin would rock tho). But spec locked just sucks if you ask me.

Blizzard seems to enjoy having arbitrary limitations on transmog for no real reason.

I rather suspect the artifact appearances will be moggable over any weapon type in its range classification, and this limitation is what will allow them to do that.

The main issue is that if Blizzard doesn't fix their tech limitations, some classes specs are just screwed. Monks being Fistweapons only is a great example. The entire xpac they have used that weapon type, next xpac if they prefer a 2H then an entire xpacs worth of farming and hard work is null. Even if they dual wield, it HAS to be a fist weapon as you can't mog into/out of them. The same can be said for Holy Paladins if they go back to 1h/shield combos, or Ele Shamans for anything outside of a fist weapon.
    Blizzard stated a long time ago it was limited based on the attack animations, and ic they can work around this that would be awesome, but seeing as how so many xpacs with xmog have gone by it is doubtful.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    This sucks, I really wanted to mog the MM crossbow skin and use it as a BM. I can use any other crossbow in the game but for some reason my BM hands just can't hold onto this crossbow.....must be not beastly enough of a crossbow.....

I guess you'll just have to use one of the hundreds of other weapons you have earned until you get another 2-hander. Much like those who were protesting about being unable to be a holy paladin with a shield had at the start of Legion.
    You argumment is really centered around that?Fuck your effort, your gold, your time and everything and deal with it?Is disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing.

Just because Everyone had to deal with the fact that specs were weapon locked i and many others should be punished now?

I didn't wish that everyone was locked into a specific weapon, i also didn't want to, but it happened.

Thats a thing they can Improve?!!!THe horror, bad things in old system being correct ?What madness is this?

May i ask?What is the problem with the Skins being class locked or Free for all?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    You mean class locked, and on that I agree, a Death Knight with Ashbringer wouldn't feel right (albeit one with the corrupted skin would rock tho). But spec locked just sucks if you ask me.

Blizzard seems to enjoy having arbitrary limitations on transmog for no real reason.
    Maybe, there are enough transmog materials to make a Dk look like a Paladin and vice versa, so i don't think the artifact would make that big of a difference.

I personally wish they were just like other transmogs, other classes that can use that item can transmog it, but be class specific works as well.
    Last edited by Darktbs; 2017-11-19 at 03:36 AM.

Thats a thing they can Improve?!!!THe horror, bad things in old system being correct ?What madness is this?
    Well the thing is they do correct it, make it so you aren't locked into one weapon-type, and people's response is they act as if they're suddenly being punished.

You argumment is really centered around that?Fuck your effort, your gold, your time and everything and deal with it?Is disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing.
    It's not, but please, continue to reinforce that 'child' argument.

You still have the same weapon appearances as in Legion. You can still mog a holy artifact as holy, a ret as ret and so on. The only thing that's changing is now that you might find yourself getting a MH/OH that might be better than your 2-handed and either have to mog out for a while for better stats, or you pass it up and keep the mog.

May i ask?What is the problem with the Skins being class locked or Free for all?
    I'm assuming you meant 'spec' locked. Because they were designed all around to be used by that spec. The Ashbringer is a mighty weapon for those who would take on the undead head-on. Not for those who would stand back at a distance, out of the front lines and heal.

Down the line, it would be nice if they do loosen the restrictions. But immediately after an expansion about how key these weapons are to their spec identities...then just brushing it aside right away? That simply isn't happening.