Page 6 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    priest = paladin

warlock = demon hunter

necromancer is not, nor will it ever be, death knight. two classes using the same TYPE of magic, doesn't make them the same class and it never will.

tinker and necromancer are two of the only good class options left. a lot of the rest feels like stupid meme shit, like bards(unless it's like dragon age bards).
    Goes beyond them using the same type of magic, they actually do the same thing.

It doesn't help that Blizzard themselves stated that they used the Necromancer hero concept to develop the Death Knight, and then in turn used the Death Knight concept to create their Necromancer concept in D3.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nim135 View Post
    Can you please stop with the Tinker class?

The Tinker hero from Warcraft 3 was just a mock-up mercenary hero to entertain users while playing custom maps along the Firelord and the Alchemist.

It does not fit the Warcraft lore at all and I hope Blizzard will not listen to any of user Tinker pleas.
    How could the Tinker not fit Warcraft lore when its mentioned by multiple WoW NPCs within the actual game? Hell, we have Goblins AND Gnomes running around in mecha suits already.
    Last edited by Kiradyn; 2017-11-20 at 11:39 AM.

I would have agreed with the OP an expansion ago but this time around they decided that they were gonna force the Demon Hunter no matter what so they gutted every specs option to open up design, cut them down to a single dps spec and gave them the most simplistic toolkit short of BM Hunter to make it work. Therefore proving that any class can be done if its decided you're gonna do it regardless of sense.

That being said, from what I can see, there are only really 2 class ideas left with enough steam to support an entire class as opposed to a spec (like what most ideas people here are suggesting). Those are Tinker and maybe Bard. Both do have drawbacks though.

Tinker: Pro: Lots of design space with mechanical gadgets. Steam Warrior mech-based tanking. turret emplacements, drones, dynamite and (best of
    all) a non-melee class.
    Con: Steps on Engineering's toes but the concept pretty clearly has a lot more to give then what a profession can really cater for.
    Bard: Pro: Music is mostly unexplored design space in Wow. Temporary buff unkeep as part of a rotationis something no spec in wow really utilizes.
    Con: Not particularly well seeded throughout the game world (there's one in the Rogue order hall i guess?). Been featured as an April fools
    joke (but that didn't stop Pandaren ultimately).

As for the rest of the popular stuff:

Necromancer: This is an Unholy Death Knight in cloth. The only distinguishing feature was wanting to control a lot of minions and this is now what they're pushing Demonology into after Demon Hunters displaced it. Doesn't even warrant a spec.
    Dark Ranger/Shadow Hunter: This is a Hunter with some Shadow Priest/shaman abilities. Hunter spec at best but i doubt it even has enough to sustain that on its own.
    Mesmer-like: Definitely a cool concept. They play well in GW2 but that's also a WAY simpler game. I could see a spec for Mages or a variation for Demon Hunters styled after Leotheras the blinds inner demons.
    Spell Breakers: .....What even is the fantasy here? Every single one of their abilities is used by a wow class already and lore-wise only Blood Elves have them. Hell they treat them as regular guards in Wow for frigs sake. Unworthy of a spec, never mind a class.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by swunk View Post
    It would look like there is field medic sitting on top of tank doing the bandaging all the time. I'd say it would be very annoying for the tank :P
    Not to speak about the cleave mechanics that will insta rape him :P

They can make literally any class and add it to the game, they don't have to go what any single person believes they can do and not do.

Spellbreaker will literally be a class in the future. Mark my words! I foresee dese tings.

Also they will be Ranged dps or Tank.

Deleted
    How could the Tinker not fit Warcraft lore when its mentioned by multiple WoW NPCs within the actual game? Hell, we have Goblins AND Gnomes running around in mecha suits already.
    What exactly is mentioned? That Dwarves, Goblins and Gnomes can build some rifles and rockets? Yeah we have Zeppelins, Helicopters from W3 and Skyships but they do
    have a scope.

Let's say we have Tinkers. They do what? Star Wars types of fighting versus warriors? They launch themselves with jetpacks and have optimus prime level abilities? It's absurd

Warframes, Goblin Sky Golems and other "mecha suits" are already a far stretch and have ruined the immersion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Tinker already exists - we call it an engineer.

The two classes that have not yet appeared yet are:

* Melee Healer
    * Ranged Tank
    Mist weaver is (or atleast was in MoP) Melee Healer. Often MW could top Recount on trash..
    Moonkin was intended to be Ranged Tank in TBC (Panzerkin), but it didn't really work (how can you tank at range, when boss want to be close to tank??)
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

7+ Year Old Account
    Tinker already exists - we call it an engineer.

The two classes that have not yet appeared yet are:

* Melee Healer
    * Ranged Tank
    Melee healer: Something they should do with Holy paladins given how they have plate armour and now even use two-handed weapons.. They kinda have that going with Uther in HotS.

Ranged Tank: III wonder, how would this work? It would work great for pulling but... after that? And kiting won't be a good idea in case you have slow moving melee joining in.

Deleted
    1. The 'original' fantasy game (>40 years go) ... where healing etc was all touch attacks against the wounded.
    2. The original faith healing (1550 BC) ... the laying on of hands to heal human illness and injury
    3. The name of the action so commonly used "Lay on Hands" even in WoW.

Pretty much everything you research is all about touch and paying a price for it.
    Are you talking about Dungeons & Dragons? This surely has no mana, instead you are limited by your spell selection in some kind of way. But the healers there usually do not transfer injuries from their allies to themselves, they just restore lost hit points or put up "shields" in form of temporary hit points.

Laying on hands also has nothing to do with injury transfer. It's a miracle technique of actual healing. It is rather based on the assumption that the healer in question has supernatural energies which heal, and that these energies are transferred to the person which is to be healed by touch. Also, personal touch has a strong soothing component which also has a psychological / psychosomatic aspect of such kind of healing.

Transferring damage from one person to another is if anything a matter of specific kind of "saints", but surely not the common thing in RPGs. I play these for more than 20 years.

What exactly is mentioned?
    Several Goblin and Gnome NPCs discuss Tinkers throughout the world. There's also quite a few Tinker NPCs in the game itself.

That Dwarves, Goblins and Gnomes can build some rifles and rockets? Yeah we have Zeppelins, Helicopters from W3 and Skyships but they do
    have a scope.
    Did you miss the Goblin Shredders in WC3 that are essentially mecha with buzz saws for arms?

Let's say we have Tinkers. They do what? Star Wars types of fighting versus warriors? They launch themselves with jetpacks and have optimus prime level abilities? It's absurd

Warframes, Goblin Sky Golems and other "mecha suits" are already a far stretch and have ruined the immersion.
    Uh no, they'll just use the warframes, sky golems, etc. that are already in the game.

Deleted
    I already have a tinker, is a dk with 800 enginering, im playing it since cata.

Quote Originally Posted by Meethos1985 View Post
    As much as I'd like to see some of those, most of them are in the game or are so close that they'd never add them as a distinct class.

Mesmer/Trickster - Again, very indirect method of combat. Possible, but I don't see much of a chance for it to happen.
    Guild Wars had a mesmer class, I liked them.

What is a tinker?

The tinker has to be the single dumbest repeated idea I have read on these forums

4th specs wood be better.

Shaman- Tank
    Mage- Blood mage healer/ dps
    Warrior- Brawler(uses fist weapons)
    Monk- Jade caster
    Rogue- Evasion Tank
    Priest- Holy Inquistor Melee
    Paladin- Ranged dps spec
    Warlock- fel healer
    Death Knight- Blight Healing
    DH- Ranged dps

Quote Originally Posted by KyrtF View Post
    Necromancer...Death Knight
    Puppeteer....Puppeteer
    Bezerker/Mauler...Warrior
    Bard/Herald.
    Mesmer/Trickster....would be a Bard
    Lithe/Siren...totally blanking on this class, but a siten is probably a Bard
    Land/plant Shaper....Druid
    And lots more...most of which would be different flavours of existing classes
    So the answer is actually Bard, the 3rd Mail wearing class that can fill heals, melee, ranged, and (support). Where do I sign up.

Quote Originally Posted by Challenge View Post
    And thats the tinker. The mechanical theme is something we dont have in a class yet, and tinkers could be worked to be tank, healer, and ranged/melee DPS to whatever the dev team wants.

The only argument against it is engineer as a professional
    I don't know about it being the only possible class, but it is easily the most likely next class. If they even ever do a next class. And it doesn't matter if anyone disagrees this is the correct take.

I would rank suggestions such as Dark Ranger, Bard and Necromancer about as likely as King Varian being brought back from the dead as a raid boss.

Deleted
    Uh no, they'll just use the warframes, sky golems, etc. that are already in the game.
    Tinkers are an extremely bad idea, they will ruin the warcraft vibe. There are many games that have robots, why not play those?

Warcraft is not about robots fighting mages and war veterans

Deleted
    No, you had a melee dps who could heal (in effect).
    I mean literally a melee healer (the original fantasy healer) that attacks the tank to heal the tank etc. The melee healer has no concept of mana.
    Basically like the monk in Heroes of the Storm I guess?
    I doubt we'll ever see a ranged tank - How would that work with melee mobs running to the target?

No, you had a melee dps who could heal (in effect).
    I mean literally a melee healer (the original fantasy healer) that attacks the tank to heal the tank etc. The melee healer has no concept of mana.
    Healer: "Stupid tank stop moving I can't heal you I need to melee you!"
    Tank: Don't come in melee this boss...
    *Healer get one shot*
    Tank: ...cleaves.

Tinkers are an extremely bad idea, they will ruin the warcraft vibe. There are many games that have robots, why not play those?

Warcraft is not about robots fighting mages and war veterans
    This argument makes zero sense when we have two races on opposing factions who build and use robots for fighting purposes. Technology has been a part of WC lore since at least WC2.