Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by verstefyren View Post
    It will, because a Fortitude buff is atractive for you as a leveling mage. You will most likely throw a priest you pass by Arcane intellect in hope for a Fortitude in return. Sometimes you don't get a buff back because the other guy didn't look at the screen or something. Stuff like that makes Vanilla more sociable in interacting with other players.

I think the fact that you have to pay for subscription will filter out a lot of retardness.
    I still did that up until they removed it. Now I just buff everyone I see with levitate.
    They did say power word fortitude is returning to BfA, so I will properly spam them again.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    If this forum is anything to go by, it's going to be nothing like the community I remember.
    If this forum is anything to go by, it's going to be exactly like the community I remember.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Expect heavy toxicity at lunch. For like 2 ~ 6 months. Then it will slow down. People will get blacklisted blocked, people who have shit reputation will be known by everyone. Thus they will either leave or reform themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored Trafalgar View Post
    Can't wait to see how this community shapes out to be. I hope it will be a pleasant one and different from retail.
    It will be the exact same as it is now because loud, obnoxious elitists aren't exclusive to retail WoW.
    Last edited by Theoris; 2017-11-22 at 03:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    It didn't take hours to form groups, not sure why that lie keeps forming. At worst it may be difficult to find a tank.

I would take the 20-30 minutes tops to find a group then the blight known as LFG which murdered community for the sake of convenience.
    Some players found it very difficult because they were not desirable group members. As a DPS I would get into groups fast, while the same people were still shouting LFG. I feel bad sure, but if you don't have good player rep with tanks / healers, you aren't going to go far (sorry!).

10+ Year Old Account
    The community is going to be very similar to what we have in retail.

In that case it's not off to a great start ahaha.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    It didn't take hours to form groups, not sure why that lie keeps forming. At worst it may be difficult to find a tank.

I would take the 20-30 minutes tops to find a group then the blight known as LFG which murdered community for the sake of convenience.
    Depends when you were looking, depends which server you were on, depends what kind of content you wanted to do, depends what spec you were playing, etc. I definitely remember a few hour+ waits, and some things I literally couldn't get a group for at all before LFD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    If this forum is anything to go by, it's going to be nothing like the community I remember.
    Elitist people want the pure unchanged vanilla experience will be in their own community within the game as they will burn through the game at an insane speed using all the knowledge and guides on the internet.

I'll just be taking my time, actually solve quests be reading the quests. I don't mind if they add quest helper, I'll not use it myself.

@Vidget That is definitely a factor. Getting hit by the banhammer. But think also the mindset of private server players, no matter what the server will shut down one day, so maybe they don't care at all about what they say or how they behave. They can act all toxic and in the end, server will close.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    Some players found it very difficult because they were not desirable group members. As a DPS I would get into groups fast, while the same people were still shouting LFG. I feel bad sure, but if you don't have good player rep with tanks / healers, you aren't going to go far (sorry!).
    As an elemental shaman in TBC I can comfirm this, while I had it easy as I was known as a "decent" one I know of so many that never got anywhere simply because everyone wanted "CC" dps.

Or my experience as a hunter. You had hunters who could CC...and you had hunters who could CC 2-3 targets at the same time using good positions, CD's and kiting. If a tank know he could go in a dungeon and only had to worry about tanking 3 instead of 5-6 mobs you'd end up on his friendlist pretty fast even if you did crap dps.

The way you use your class farly outweighed max dps output in TBC. I only played Vanilla as a noob who didn't know shit and hit 60 3 days before TBC hit so can't speak for that...but I assume the same applied.

Frankly the community is also very much shaped by game mechanics.

For an extreme example of what I mean, look at Destiny 2. There is so much potential for community, but it's so fucked by its chat system and grouping system and so forth. Imagine if people were actually actively talking in public zones. The most interaction you'll likely get as it is is someone randomly dancing with you. It also doesn't help that they split the player hub into 2 zones based on whether you've completed the story or not, and one of much more spread out than the other, which means that even if players could easily chat, there would still be difficulties. The best sense of community for the game isn't even in the game, it's on Destiny Tracker when you are LFG.

Compare that to Ironforge or Orgrimmar where players are mostly centered around the AH and bank, and you have public chat as well as so many players close together than /s is effective, and players can see your little speech bubble. Combine that with the fact that you need to find groups manually, you naturally have a lot of people finding groups and probably unintentionally eventually making friends because you two check on each other for future groups or something.

It doesn't matter what people on MMO-Champion are going to act like when it's out, the people who are actually playing the game are going to actually be playing the game, and the community will be fine.
    Last edited by HitRefresh; 2017-11-22 at 05:53 AM.

Consider that posts on forums regarding Legion are generally not an issue on the Live end of things, those shitposters stay on the forums and don't tend to play the game much at all.

If anything this constant fighting will die down over time as we near Classic release, which shouldn't be for a while. People will get bored and stop posting as much after it becomes clear we're a long way off from launch.

In the mean time remember that forum posts represent a minority of the overall playerbase of Legion and will probably represent the minority of the eventual Classic playerbase. Just because people are shitposters and trolls here doesn't mean they'll be numerous enough to ruin Classic when it launches.

We just have to wait it out TBH.