Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Good stuff, without it tanks in first new tier would easily have 50mill hp, then in last raid tier 150-250(???)mill HP, absurd
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Good. I hope it stays that low for a while.

I am not a fan of how much they are squishing it. Stats are insane in Legion, it's totally ridiculous, but I think they are overdoing it a bit, especially with adding ilvls to it? It will feel weird for everything to basically not scale at all until the new level cap. May as well not even have levels then? I wish they'd dump WF/TF, go back to Cata levels or something but with less gear increases per tier than what we saw in MoP/WoD/Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaronioslo View Post
    it means before a damage increase from 3000 to 3499 will be a damage from 3 to 3 now, how does it not matter?
    even if you can't see it, you still deal the 0.5 damage, and with the squish to the mobs health pool, the 0.5 won't be noticeable if you want to talk petty numbers

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Isoge View Post
    even if you can't see it, you still deal the 0.5 damage, and with the squish to the mobs health pool, the 0.5 won't be noticeable if you want to talk petty numbers
    thank you for replying after a month, doesnæt matter now, its happening, enjoy the cluster fuck like the first time they did this

Deleted
    I'm glad they're doing another squish, but we all know that Blizzard will once again let numbers inflate so fast that we will be back to MoP numbers by the end of BFA, and we will need another squish the expansion after.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarlol View Post
    I'm glad they're doing another squish, but we all know that Blizzard will once again let numbers inflate so fast that we will be back to MoP numbers by the end of BFA, and we will need another squish the expansion after.
    We didn't even need this one. It doesn't actually do anything. They need to fix the display issues, not mess around with the numbers.

I am fine with the stats being squished down to such low values. What I am not fine with is that the 'levels' required to hit max level aren't squished down. Can't we make it so that first 30 levels are vanilla, 30-40 TBC-Wotlk, 40-50 Cata-Mop, 50-60 WoD-Legion and then 60-70 BfA? I feel like it's stupid to get from level 70 to level 110 before you notice any noticeable power growth in your character due to the huge squish.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    We didn't even need this one. It doesn't actually do anything. They need to fix the display issues, not mess around with the numbers.
    I think they are doing it for scaling reasons. If they don't squish and keep power inflation the same as Legion, in BFA tanks would have 30-40 millions hp in the first tier and end the expansion at 100+ millions. It's a ridicoulus gap. By toning the numbers down they can reduce scaling to reasonable levels while keeping the sense of progression for players.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valaut View Post
    I am fine with the stats being squished down to such low values. What I am not fine with is that the 'levels' required to hit max level aren't squished down. Can't we make it so that first 30 levels are vanilla, 30-40 TBC-Wotlk, 40-50 Cata-Mop, 50-60 WoD-Legion and then 60-70 BfA? I feel like it's stupid to get from level 70 to level 110 before you notice any noticeable power growth in your character due to the huge squish.
    They will never do a player level squish. The outrage from the community would be extreme.

10+ Year Old Account
    They will never do a player level squish. The outrage from the community would be extreme.
    I used to think that about the stat squish.

I think they are doing it for scaling reasons. If they don't squish and keep power inflation the same as Legion, in BFA tanks would have 30-40 millions hp in the first tier and end the expansion at 100+ millions. It's a ridicoulus gap. By toning the numbers down they can reduce scaling to reasonable levels while keeping the sense of progression for players.

I used to think that about ilvl squish too. Look at where we are though matey.

They aren't changing the scaling. Nor had they ever any intention to. They're just lowering the starting point. Same as last squish, only real difference is that they're adjusting the actual iLvl, not just the effects it has on gear.

It's the most curious thing. In MoP, when the squish was discussed, everyone was up in arms about it. Now the entire first page is nothing but "THANK GOD".

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neberus View Post
    LMFAO NO, thats so good! i am so happy were going back to an ilvl that low.

My 945 ilvl sub rogue gets 18M evis crits, the numbers are so convoluted i can barely tell how much im actually hitting for with my MBST

7+ Year Old Account
    Squished too low?

Any mathematically inclined people here can give me a % on how much all numbers were nerfed to?

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    They aren't changing the scaling. Nor had they ever any intention to. They're just lowering the starting point. Same as last squish, only real difference is that they're adjusting the actual iLvl, not just the effects it has on gear.
    They have to change the way the gear scales, we cant keep having these insane creeping effects. My rogue went from doing 200-300k in mythic dungeon gear prior to EN, now i do 1.4M sustained single target and 2M overall in M+ and its not even the final tier....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SHUMEGGAH View Post
    Squished too low?

Any mathematically inclined people here can give me a % on how much all numbers were nerfed to?
    Looking at that axe, it has the DPS of 68 for a 2 hander, which is roughly equal to MC 2 handers in vanilla (i think OEB had 68 or 69 dps). Nef dropped ashkandi with 81 dps, so ill assume were doing under 1k dps at the start of the xpac.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Keep in mind the Blizzcon numbers were like itemlevel 185 which is like 850 gear. (makes sense for 110 leveling greens)

Antorus 985 will be somewhat like ~330 itemlevel.

If they keep leveling and difficulties/titanforging similar, which so far they will, level 120 blue gear likely is somewhere around 350-375 to start.

First epics around 400ish.

Still could inflate itemlevel at the end of BfA.

Depending on the strength of itemlevel (15 per difficulty or less due to squish)

Of course still that'd mean less health/damage then currently but itemlevel inflation is real.

But they could also easily do smaller raids due to not having to follow Tier sets anymore.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-11-22 at 06:14 PM.

Deleted
    Im happy they did that, numbers are getting out of hand and it needs to be controlled, i got no issues with it.

I was never surprised by the stat squish. What DID surprise me was that they actually squished the ilevels, too. They have zero impact on gameplay or game server calculations, and are literally only a problem to the people who have insanely irrational fear of large numbers. I was happy we were finally hitting ilevel 1,000 and now it feels like if we ever want to hit that milestone again, we'll be playing WoW for another 13 years. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    I just hope they actually keep the number in check for more than one expansion.
    Prepare for disappointment, then. Things will continue as before, just a lower starting point. Same as last time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toogoodman View Post
    They have to change the way the gear scales, we cant keep having these insane creeping effects. My rogue went from doing 200-300k in mythic dungeon gear prior to EN, now i do 1.4M sustained single target and 2M overall in M+ and its not even the final tier....
    You're forgetting to account for the Artifact traits. They're a big part of that DPS gain.