Quote Originally Posted by Vondoo View Post
    To think, ten years had past between the release of Warcraft I and World of Warcraft.
    Only two expansions between them, and those only had one additional content patch each!
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    he's nothing but an idiotic faction war plot device to shoehorn it into the game.

literally nothing else to him as a character.
    I mean, if you want to ignore the reasons he is that way, sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    After they turned Argus into Timeless Isle 3.0, anything's possible. At this rate we'll take down the Void Lords in a single levelling questchain.
    Dude I was grinding rep for mog boots on a warlock, I killed a handful of Void Lords in Halls of Origination.....no way those dudes are are a threat anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    I mean, if you want to ignore the reasons he is that way, sure.
    that is the only reason they wrote him that way in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    that is the only reason they wrote him that way in the first place.
    I think an argument could be made that characters like Genn are needed when we are working with casts as large as we do WoW. I get it if you don’t like the archetype of warmonger. I think he’s more interesting than the typical Alliance “noble warrior for justice”. I mean maybe the problem is that Darius Crowley and Genn now play the same role.

He needs better impulse control. The problem isn't that he's a warmonger, it's that he is an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    He needs better impulse control. The problem isn't that he's a warmonger, it's that he is an idiot.
    Can I get an example, I play mostly Horde and the only things coming to mind are the end of Stormhiem and his talk with Anduin and Velen on the broken Shore.

Quote Originally Posted by Directionalk9 View Post
    Can I get an example, I play mostly Horde and the only things coming to mind are the end of Stormhiem and his talk with Anduin and Velen on the broken Shore.
    Stormheim is a good example, actually. He attacks for no reason other than "Sylvanas might be there", while the player is going there to get the shield, and gets a gunship destroyed for his trouble. He foils Sylvanas plot entirely by accident and never actually knew why she was even there. Guy doesn't seem to have ever heard of military intelligence or scouting.

I'd been better off just dumping them and going to Stormheim myself. They never actually help you with getting the shield, just constantly sidetrack you.
    Last edited by huth; 2017-11-23 at 02:08 PM.

Saw the raid unlock schedule:

November 29 - Normal and Heroic difficulties
    December 6 - Mythic difficulty and Raid Finder Wing 1: Light’s Breach
    December 20 - Raid Finder Wing 2: Forbidden Descent
    January 3 - Raid Finder Wing 3: Hope’s End
    January 17 - Raid Finder Wing 4: Seat of the Pantheon

2 more months of nothing.

Legion now has 6 months of that nothing counting towards "the period when we were continuing to get content".

Whenever someone measures how long the Legion draught is, the majority of these 6 months should count towards it.

In fact, we should do this right now ...and suddenly all the apathy and topics on classic being more popular than topics on BFA make sense, right? because we are something like 3 months into the draught already. It's just that there are some clouds and mirrors which allow Blizzard to say that "technically" we are not yet there.

And the final picture for Legion is going to be something like: out of, say, 24 months of the expansion, 10 months were the acknowledged draught, 6 months this unacknowledged draught masquerading as "totally not a draught", and only 8 months were content (including such crap as 7.2). I wonder what's the split for BFA is going to be - 5 months of content? 3?
    Last edited by rda; 2017-11-23 at 02:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post

Legion now has 6 months of that nothing counting towards "the period when we were continuing to get content".

Whenever someone measures how long the Legion draught is, the majority of these 6 months should count towards it.

In fact, we should do this right now ...and suddenly all the apathy and topics on classic being more popular than topics on BFA make sense, right? because we are something like 3 months into the draught already. It's just that there are some clouds and mirrors which allow Blizzard to say that "technically" we are not yet there.

And the final picture for Legion is going to be something like: out of, say, 24 months of the expansion, 10 months were the acknowledged draught, 6 months this unacknowledged draught masquerading as "totally not a draught", and only 8 months were content (including such crap as 7.2). I wonder what's the split for BFA is going to be - 5 months of content? 3?
    How did 6 days turn into 2 months?

Classic threads are more popular because 95% of them are people arguing about the same shit over and over and over and over. Not much information is available about BfA to discuss, and what we know we've discussed a lot already. General discussion + BfA is far more popular than classic's topics.
    Last edited by Hitei; 2017-11-23 at 02:15 PM.

We get it man, Blizzard sucks. To me the draught starts next week when Antorus opens. However I’m looking to some of the stuff planned in 7.3.5.
    But how is the raid opening nothing? It is going to be stuff to do. So technically you’re kinda wrong.
    Last edited by Directionalk9; 2017-11-23 at 02:39 PM.

How did 6 days turn into 2 months?
    If you discount LFR, then raids aren't content that is worth mentioning at all, because nobody does them statistically.

Stormheim is a good example, actually. He attacks for no reason other than "Sylvanas might be there", while the player is going there to get the shield, and gets a gunship destroyed for his trouble. He foils Sylvanas plot entirely by accident and never actually knew why she was even there. Guy doesn't seem to have ever heard of military intelligence or scouting.

I'd been better off just dumping them and going to Stormheim myself. They never actually help you with getting the shield, just constantly sidetrack you.
    This is actually moreso the design team's fault for late-changes.

Originally you would do the others clockwise starting with Aszuna, and that missive you find in the sunken ship for what will probably be the last part of Aszuna you do is heavily implied to be detailing Sylvanas' plans in Stormheim to enslave Eyir. So Anduin both knowing Sylvanas would be there and she was planning something legitimately evil assigned Genn to it, presumably knowing on the sly there's no way Genn and Rogers wouldn't instigate a fight. But since Legion was given level scaling late in development and the zone order became non-linear, you could go from 100-110 never knowing or realizing that.

Genn's presence there and the aggressive leaders he sent to oversee it makes a lot of sense in hindsight, and would have made sense immediately if they stuck with the original linear order (thank god they didn't in every other respect though).
    Last edited by Veluren; 2017-11-23 at 02:43 PM.

If you discount LFR, then raids aren't content that is worth mentioning at all, because nobody does them statistically.
    Way to cherry pick data.

Way to cherry pick data.
    If you think I am cherry picking data, show me how.

If you don’t count lfr, then my point.

But regardless lfr is content, and by your admission it’s the more used content. To me that would say we have at least two months of content.

But you refuse to count it, based on your rules, which can’t apply for everyone. Not to mention if you enjoy raiding, Antorus is at minimum a month or more of content.

You discredit lfr, you cherry picked.

Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post
    This is actually moreso the design team's fault for late-changes.

Originally you would do the others clockwise starting with Aszuna, and that missive you find in the sunken ship for what will probably be the last part of Aszuna you do is heavily implied to be detailing Sylvanas' plans in Stormheim to enslave Eyir. So Anduin both knowing Sylvanas would be there and she was planning something legitimately evil assigned Genn to it, presumably knowing on the sly there's no way Genn and Rogers wouldn't instigate a fight. But since Legion was given level scaling late in development and the zone order became non-linear, you could go from 100-110 never knowing or realizing that.

Genn's presence there and the aggressive leaders he sent to oversee it makes a lot of sense in hindsight, and would have made sense immediately if they stuck with the original linear order (thank god they didn't in every other respect though).
    Nah, that missive only hints that Sylvanas might be there. It doesn't make the whole thing any more sensible. It also doesn't explain in any way why i had to slog through the whole thing when i didn't give a rat's arse about what happens with those two and was only looking for the shield.
    You mean outside of completely ignoring everything that doesn't fit your preconceived narrative? Including Antorus being released being a content release and 7.3.5?

Classic threads are more popular because 95% of them are people arguing about the same shit over and over and over and over. Not much information is available about BfA to discuss, and what we know we've discussed a lot already. General discussion + BfA is far more popular than classic's topics.
    No, classic threads are more popular because the announcement of BFA gives very little worth talking about. Sure, carrying forward world quests is perhaps good, but it's hardly exciting, and when 90% of your news are like that, obviously the level of enthusiasm will be fairly low. Classic threads aren't like that precisely because Blizzard doing classic servers is *news*.

Classic threads will subside, sure, and they will perhaps turn pretty grim (into "WTF, how long do we have to wait??? where are the news?? Blizz, what are you doing?") several months from now. Unless there will be some news, that is.

It's that word again, note: news. BFA = little news = bad. Classic = more news = good. For now.

- - - Updated - - -

You mean outside of completely ignoring everything that doesn't fit your preconceived narrative? Including Antorus being released being a content release and 7.3.5?
    Can you get off your horse of nonsense and say what specifically do you mean? All you are doing is repeating pompous nonsense like "preconceived narrative". Do you have anything at all besides that pompous nonsense? It is too abstract to be of value.

- - - Updated - - -

If you don’t count lfr, then my point.

But regardless lfr is content, and by your admission it’s the more used content. To me that would say we have at least two months of content.

But you refuse to count it, based on your rules, which can’t apply for everyone. Not to mention if you enjoy raiding, Antorus is at minimum a month or more of content.

You discredit lfr, you cherry picked.
    I don't know how you managed to read my message to say that I am refusing to count LFR - I am not refusing to count it, it is content.

My point is that raids were previously taking 1 week to open and now they are taking 2 months to do that. And that these additional 2 months of opening is NOT content and so if anyone wants to measure how long the Legion draught is, a big part of that time = a big part of about 6 months for the entire expansion - should be counted towards that draught.

Is it clearer now? I hope it is.

My point is that raids were previously taking 1 week to open and now they are taking 2 months to do that. And that these additional 2 months of opening is NOT content and so if anyone wants to measure how long the Legion draught is, a big part of that time = a big part of about 6 months for the entire expansion - should be counted towards that draught.

Is it clearer now? I hope it is.
    So you don't like staggered releases. Is that what you're trying to say? You can't just go ahead and declare that there is 2 months of drought because practically there isn't. For people raiding normal, heroic or mythic, it's unlocked instantly. LFR raiders get a new chunk every couple of weeks. It's not like anybody has to wait for January to begin raiding.

Maybe Blizzard should return to the concept of attunement quests, aka the time gating of TBC. So instead of having to wait two weeks for the next wing, you will just need to grind stuff for two weeks .
    Last edited by megasus; 2017-11-23 at 03:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by megasus View Post
    So you don't like staggered releases. Is that what you're trying to say?
    No, I am saying that if there is a staggered release, then the time spent on making it staggered does not suddenly become content, and that Legion has a debt of about 6 months on the length of its draught.

(This continuous desire of random folks to twist things into "So, you just don't like X" is stunning. I am damn tempted to be there to say "So, you just don't like WoW" when BFA suddenly dries up in three months or so and someone posts on that.)
    Last edited by rda; 2017-11-23 at 03:41 PM.