Page 12 of 38 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Wow, Berniebros get so mad that Trump is fucking them the most that they have to resort to PMs just to insult someone so they can avoid an infraction. How cute.
    @breadisfunny It's funny how Trump's government, Trump's FFC, is even further away from Bernie's beliefs than Hillary's, so the <10% of Berniebros who voted for Trump are cutting off their own noses to spite their face. You can point and laugh at Democrats, meanwhile your own face is bleeding and you no longer have a nose.

But it seems like with every other thing that Trump has TRIED to do the courts have blocked him, leaving every Democrat laughing at how incompetent this administration is. Anything significant is either completely blocked, and what little does get through is undone, since the only actions that can unilaterally be taken by Trump's administration in regards to FCC regulations (and any anything else) can easily be completely undone in the next administration. And this removal of net neutrality is already looking like it will fail in the courts... just like every other Trump policy.

As pointed out in other threads and this one, regulations can be flipped on a whim of who is in power. Laws are much harder to undo. Trump's administration has yet to pass anything that has any kind of permanence. The one thing that may get through is this tax bill, which would take the Berniebros and ram them in the ass with a 10 foot metal pole. The lower and lower-middle class are in for some complete and utter anal destruction under Trump's tax plan. So have fun with that.
    Ye, everything is the berniebros fault. It's their fault Hillary lost, it's their fault Russia interfered. Keep screeching like a madman and hope everything gets better.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Yes, delusional Bernie Bros do share in the blame of trump being elected.
    Oh come on, can we stop this already? Bernie Bros were always largely a myth, I've yet to see any indication that they exist in any significant numbers whatsoever.

Beyond that, proportionally more Bernie supporters voted for Clinton last election than Clinton voters voted for Obama in 2008, so this notion is largely nonsense.

bernie bros. is a phrase commonly referring to democrat bedwetters who were so salty their candidate lost they went and voted for a republican candidate that was 10x worse than hillary
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    bernie bros. is a phrase commonly referring to democrat bedwetters who were so salty their candidate lost they went and voted for a republican candidate that was 10x worse than hillary
    Like the 25% of Clintons voters did in 2008?

- - - Updated - - -

Its mostly the fault of Clinton herself, blame needs to be stopped being switched to other sources.
    Being the 'lesser evil' is not deserving of a vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Like the 25% of Clintons voters did in 2008?

- - - Updated - - -
    Yeah?

/10chars
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    Ye, everything is the berniebros fault. It's their fault Hillary lost, it's their fault Russia interfered. Keep screeching like a madman and hope everything gets better.
    I hope your post was facetiousness, because certainly nobody here said anything about Hillary's loss being the fault of Bernie Bros. They didn't do anything significant, they were a fart in the wind, they were nobodies.

Bernie bros are just annoying background noise. At the exit polls it showed that the tiny amount that flipped didn't even affect the election results, since the Berniebro "flips" didn't even happen in swing states that mattered, they happened in states that were already solid blue.

The Russia thing is gaining traction every day, and more credibility. And only sore Berniebros try to make it out to seem like Democrats are blaming them for Russia. No, Russia is the fault of Russia and Trump's team (and probably Trump, but I'm only putting what we know outside of parenthesis). Bernie Bros constantly try to screech that the Russia thing is also fake, since Hillary losing justifies their angst and hatred and lack of self control over how mad they get over her winning the primary without even needing super delegates. But Russia's interference being real? Delegitimizes Trump's victory. It won't remove Trump of course, that's another process. But the majority of Americans already see Trump as illegitimate.

Bernie Bros can be mad at Hillary all they want. She's history at this point. She's irrelevant, but they can scapegoat all of their problems onto her if they want. It's pretty typical of them to do so.

Trump can't even be considered "schadenfreude" to Democrats, since they just block his moves and laugh at every turn he makes, and every crime about him that's revealed. Their beef with Hillary was that she was a corrupt wall street crony, and for SOME OF THEM their answer was to put in a guy who is literally trying to take as much money from the poor as he can and give it to the rich. He's trying his hardest to end social safety nets. Bernie Bros, the type who just can't get over the fact that he lost a fair election, are those people who are in dire straights, and Trump is going to make their life hell.

It's enjoyable schadenfreude to watch them think they're screwing over Democrats, when in reality, they're only screwing themselves over this way. The FCC move will most likely be blocked by the courts, but I doubt this tax bill will. Have fun with vanishing financial aid programs.

- - - Updated - - -

The Bernie Bro flips didn't happen in significant numbers in swing states. It was a bunch of whiny minimum wagers in solid blue states. So I don't even consider them at fault for Trump, as much as they try to admit that they were the very reason. Their protest votes were a drop in the ocean.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account

With how only 3 big companies benefiting from the repeal of net neutrality and the fact that it will fuck everyone else over. Effectively putting us in an internet dark age in this country. Making it so that they will have a monopoly on the internet. Capping people's speeds. Making it so they can't access certain websites without charging exorbitant prices. Sites that are being throttled will have to charge their customers even more to keep up.

I can't see this happening. This benefits nobody. Yes, NN is halting the growth of internet companies. But that's inherently a good thing. Because their growth fucks the average joe over.

Net Neutrality needs to be protected. internet providers are the only ones to benefit from removing it. They will abuse it.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    I can't see this happening. This benefits nobody. Yes, NN is halting the growth of internet companies. But that's inherently a good thing. Because their growth fucks the average joe over.
    Is there anything stopping the providers from going to a company and saying "Unless you don't want your site slower than dialup, give us a 10% stake in your company"

I mean, they've gotten a free pass on any anti-monopoly behavior so far, so I doubt any complaints in that vein would hold water.

Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    It's funny because the Bernie Bros who still believe in their heart of hearts, who will not relinquish some of their insanity for an ounce of common sense, will be the first ones bitching about how the internet "costs too much".

You wanted to put Trump in because you think you got cheated out of your candidate who lost the primaries fair and square? You got Trump. "Hillary voters" won't like the net without net neutrality, but most of them will deal. It's the people who thought "Free college and free healthcare!" actually constituted AN ENTIRE PLATFORM who are going to be crying the hardest when their internet service is suddenly far more expensive.
    I just want to say to please not lump all us Bernie Supporters into the same category as the naive Bernie-or-bust'ers. Simply point out to those naive dolts their hypocrisy that if they thought he was so good, why the fuck didn't they vote for Hillary like he (and us ACTUAL Bernie supporters) did? Point out that Bernie HIMSELF was able to build a fucking bridge and get over any problem with Hillary for the sake of the country - because that's what the non-deplorable side is suposed to do, work together and COMPROMISE!

There's an old proverb about an abbot serving tea and armed with a straw switch. If you drink from the tea, the abbot would hit you with the switch - but if you refuse to drink the tea, he will also hit you with the switch. So, which do you chose? The moral of the proverb is to teach you to ignore both "given" choices and go for your own - such as take the switch away, defend yourself, ect. That's the mentality these "I won't vote for any because lesser of 2 evils" and the Bernie-or-busters believed in, which should be admired theoretically in the real world for it granting individuality...

...but the reality is, in regards to the election, your "non-vote" (ie. free will third choice) in this particular instance doesn't prevent the switch from hitting you. The system is not designed for a non-vote to effect anything.

It's you merely you doing nothing (the equivalent of not drinking the tea) and letting everyone else choose how the switch will come down on your head. Your non-vote doesn't change anything in the way the election is designed, and your third party vote was so insignificant at that point in the electiong that it would've also counted as ignoring the tea and doing practically nothing... currently, our current electoral process is designed (at least in this past election) so that the switch is going to come down one way or another, regardless of any option you took besides the two - and your actual survival depended upon it. your choice was to go the annoying way, or the very very VERY hard and painful way. They chose neither, so we (including them) got the very very VERY hard and painful way.
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2017-11-27 at 07:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guess what Pai face did now...

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/11/16/us-f...hip-rules.html

https://www.theverge.com/2017/11/22/...eutrality-laws

Also republicans saying fuck you state rights.
    Last edited by Blade Wolf; 2017-11-27 at 10:20 PM.

The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    Is there anything stopping the providers from going to a company and saying "Unless you don't want your site slower than dialup, give us a 10% stake in your company"

I mean, they've gotten a free pass on any anti-monopoly behavior so far, so I doubt any complaints in that vein would hold water.
    Yeah that's what NN is for...

Guess what Pai face did now...

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/11/16/us-f...hip-rules.html

https://www.theverge.com/2017/11/22/...eutrality-laws

Also republicans saying fuck you state rights.
    Well, what did you think FCC stands for? It has always been For Cable Companies, according to the ministry of truth.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not super worried honestly.

Not because Net Neutrality is necessary for freedom of speech, a free market, and and a functioning modern world: it is necessary for all those things.

I'm not super worried because if this doesn't pass then life goes on. But if this does pass, then the democrats win 2020, and to prevent this from ever happening again we probably need to dissolve Comcast and Verizon and etc, and nationalize the internet as a human right.

So, the US could potentially go into a ~3 year dark age (but I'm in Canada, so I'll endure the spillover effects on us), but the outcome will be better for everyone if it does.

Or the ISPs could not get ludicrously greedy, and retain their private company status. I think that's the honest outcome - if NN really gets destroyed and the US lives for 3 years with either no real internet, or only having access to Verizon news and websites, or throttled Netflix/Youtube/Video Games, or $300/mo for worse service than you have today - the answer will become clear: we can't trust the free market to control the internet anymore.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post

Not because Net Neutrality is necessary for freedom of speech, a free market, and and a functioning modern world: it is necessary for all those things.

I'm not super worried because if this doesn't pass then life goes on. But if this does pass, then the democrats win 2020, and to prevent this from ever happening again we probably need to dissolve Comcast and Verizon and etc, and nationalize the internet as a human right.

So, the US could potentially go into a ~3 year dark age (but I'm in Canada, so I'll endure the spillover effects on us), but the outcome will be better for everyone if it does.

Or the ISPs could not get ludicrously greedy, and retain their private company status. I think that's the honest outcome - if NN really gets destroyed and the US lives for 3 years with either no real internet, or only having access to Verizon news and websites, or throttled Netflix/Youtube/Video Games, or $300/mo for worse service than you have today - the answer will become clear: we can't trust the free market to control the internet anymore.
    Easy for you to say, you're not living here .
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

You think the dark age would only last 3 years?

Once the cable companies have killed Net Neutrality, they will do their damnest to keep it that way. No Democrat winning any elections can fix that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not super worried because if this doesn't pass then life goes on. But if this does pass, then the democrats win 2020
    That's IF the Democrats win in 2020.

Or Republicans fuck the census, fuck apportionment, fuck the elections and vote counting, and go full-on tin pot.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account

You're giving humanity WAY to much credit.

15+ Year Old Account
    You're giving humanity WAY to much credit.
    Probably true
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

Considering the quality the Democratic Party likes to run, I doubt it.

- - - Updated - - -

What is interesting about the "I hope those evil BernieBroes learned something" logic is that it applies in the reverse. If these issues were so unbelievably critical and important why would the Democratic party risk it all in the hopes people would vote for a compromised candidate?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.