Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    for some reason, lor'themar has decided to exile them.

we don't know anything about the situation yet.

- - - Updated - - -

if they would make a new starting zone for them, maybe a lot less involved than the old dk starting zone, i'd be ok with it.

but not without a new starting zone.
    At this point in time I just find the whole DK starter experience to be very jarring. Seeing Arthas the Lich King now is weird when we all know he's dead, seeing Tirion not only alive, but reclaiming and purifying Ashbringer which player Character Paladins now wield is ridiculous and the last step where you visit your capital city is also just out of place when you can see Pandaren, Monks, revamped world from Deathwing, Demon Hunters, etc... which didn't exist back when you the player character DK were actually "created."

I'm not convinced the player character DK's even need a unique starter experience anymore, at least not a required one. Why couldn't they just start at level 55 like they do now with the starter gear, with a level ~60 quest from Acherus giving you the blue gear they currently get throughout the starter experience. They'd just be level 55, starting at Acherus with a quest to head to your capital city, similar to now, and be directed to the Hero's call board afterward to just start questing.

Make the unique starting experience for current classes that can be DK's and the new/ newer races that can't be just start at 55 like I describe above. Lore wise there's no reason every race can't be Death Knights. Limiting it to just races that existed prior to Cataclysm is ridiculous and the whole time bubble thing is just awkward and doesn't make sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    Excuse me? Why would Blood elves join Alleria to fight the horde for the alliance??
    Totally agreed.

I see no logic in Blood Elves of any kind fighting against the Horde. Joining Alleria to learn Void Magic is one thing, but abandoning and betraying your faction is something entirely different and doesn't make sense.

Unless Blizz pulls something ridiculous and stupid and the Horde rejects Void Elves for some asinine reason so they're essentially forced to join the Alliance if they want to survive. Either way, I find that description completely retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    At this point in time I just find the whole DK starter experience to be very jarring. Seeing Arthas the Lich King now is weird when we all know he's dead, seeing Tirion not only alive, but reclaiming and purifying Ashbringer which player Character Paladins now wield is ridiculous and the last step where you visit your capital city is also just out of place when you can see Pandaren, Monks, revamped world from Deathwing, Demon Hunters, etc... which didn't exist back when you the player character DK were actually "created."

I'm not convinced the player character DK's even need a unique starter experience anymore, at least not a required one. Why couldn't they just start at level 55 like they do now with the starter gear, with a level ~60 quest from Acherus giving you the blue gear they currently get throughout the starter experience. They'd just be level 55, starting at Acherus with a quest to head to your capital city, similar to now, and be directed to the Hero's call board afterward to just start questing.

Make the unique starting experience for current classes that can be DK's and the new/ newer races that can't be just start at 55 like I describe above. Lore wise there's no reason every race can't be Death Knights. Limiting it to just races that existed prior to Cataclysm is ridiculous and the whole time bubble thing is just awkward and doesn't make sense.
    i guess i'd be ok with them getting the allied race treatment, with a system similar to ESO's starting experience. just start in stormwind/org at 58, and have an option to choose to do the starting experience for those of us who have done it before.

Quote Originally Posted by drex202 View Post
    No pls, the class fantasy is already half ruined with the taurens...
    But they're canon, have been since Throne of Thunder.

Also playable ogres please!

So, I am confused on a couple parts.

Why is it that Nightborne can't be Demon Hunter's when they technically already have them, they just aren't blind. They are located mostly in the Elite area around the Nighthold and below the Vineyard. I believe they are called Felsworn Noble's, but I'm not sure of their Imperial rank designation.

It's a bummer that it's stuck between just the one race on each side at the moment.

Also, during quest dialogue while becoming exalted with the Nightborne, it explicitly states that they do have a class that is almost identical to a Paladin, they are called Spellbreaker's. The only difference is they seem to use an arcane-infused wielding of the Light. Similar to how the Blood Elves "bent" the Light to their will, forcing it to be used instead of wielding the Light normally.

I really wish it had more than just the basic classes.
    Revelation 21:6 - I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    Someones butthurt.
    I mean it’s all true as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by llubtoille View Post
    I hope ZG/ZA will be friendly to their Zandalari Trolls brothers
    There not the same group the trolls in zg/za are a off shoot following zul not the god king.

Seeing the Nightborne join the Horde makes no sense! It'd be a real loss for the night elves if their kin even join with the Horde. Besides, Liadrin showed the nightborne no sympathy whatsoever and does not trust them. The Alliance needs the Nightborne now more than ever! King Anduin will throw a fit if he sees void elves in the Alliance!

So only one of the allied races can be shaman but almost all paly or warrior?? the fuck is that??

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Farrarie View Post
    hoped for the manari eredar after argus joined the horde
    and give highelves to the alliance

Blood elves, void elves, night elves, nightbornes elves, and you want now Hight elves???

Same with the eredars, Draeneis and Lightforged.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sonol View Post
    Instead of these useless racials, empower the existing ones, or I could imagine some kind of mass blind effect by the light at the lightforged draenei for example.
    I thought the same thing, but no.... Blizzard never learn, they have to put another useless racial to the alliance and more cc to the horde...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Why are the Tauren racials such garbage compared to the draenei ones?
    "Taurens should be marginally tougher and be good at fishing, while draneis should have extra skills for dealing damage, healing and boosted blacksmithing that they can do anywhere".
    Are you kidding me...5k damage vs Charge+AOE CC and are you crying about it????

Quote Originally Posted by tripconn View Post
    I imagine after the whole fel kelthas thing dabbling in potentially evil powers isn't seen in a good light anymore.
    And that doesn't sound very contrived to you? It does to me, just a reason made up on the fly to give an explanation why they can't be part of the horde too.

Same with the other races. It all feels very forced. They could easily spin it in any way they want. It's a deliberate choice on Blizzard to limit the allied races to one faction each.
    There is no reason at all why they couldn't make it work if they had wanted to.

Quote Originally Posted by Drone92 View Post
    Blood elves, void elves, night elves, nightbornes elves, and you want now Hight elves???

Same with the eredars, Draeneis and Lightforged.
    I don't even like the elves, but the game is not my own alone, specially the new generation who like them. what I want is to give the alliance highelves or the nightborne instead of void fan-made elves and remove the lightforged drenei wich is the same as drenei instead of a purple naru they listen to a yellow one lol. and give the horde manari eredar, because the whole game don't have warlock draenei (eredar) as we knew from Warcraft 3. but they chosen the lightforged because it will be harder to implement new anims to the manari eredar so it looked like the erdars from Warcraft 3.
    and I agree 4 elven races is absured enough. not to mention the nightborne really don't fit on the horde. we already have bloodelves.
    Last edited by Farrarie; 2017-11-27 at 10:46 PM.

ZANDALARI DK's!!!
    And updated cape models, give them already.
    AND high heels for females!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't even like the elves, but the game is not my own alone, specially the new generation who like them. what I want is to give the alliance highelves or the nightborne instead of void fan-made elves and remove the lightforged drenei wich is the same as drenei instead of a purple naru they listen to a yellow one lol. and give the horde manari eredar, because the whole game don't have warlock draenei (eredar) as we knew from Warcraft 3. but they chosen the lightforged because it will be harder to implement new anims to the manari eredar so it looked like the erdars from Warcraft 3.
    and I agree 4 elven races is absured enough. not to mention the nightborne really don't fit on the horde. we already have bloodelves.

Please try to rewrite this text, cause it currently does not make much sense.
    Use breaklines use capital letters. Have consistency in the text.

The general gist I got from this I disagree with.
    I think allied races are more than welcome. And who knows they might do exiled Eradar down the line.
    Perhaps Eradar that lived when Sargares got beaten and want to switch sides.
    Maybe even make it so you are slightly hatred towards the faction you join and have to grind reputation to do stuff.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Quote Originally Posted by Saphyron View Post

The general gist I got from this I disagree with.
    I think allied races are more than welcome. And who knows they might do exiled Eradar down the line.
    Perhaps Eradar that lived when Sargares got beaten and want to switch sides.
    Maybe even make it so you are slightly hatred towards the faction you join and have to grind reputation to do stuff.
    I'm still learning the language. if any person who studied English in school he\she would easily understand everything I wrote.

Anyway we have different opinions, my opinion is that the Night-borne are an alliance race more than a horde race.
    We already got Blood-elves.
    Last edited by Farrarie; 2017-11-28 at 01:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    That's rather interesting.
    Demonbane but more like Beastbane.
    I haven't read this whole list of questions so someone may have said this ---I think that saying its effective against beasts is a placeholder; thematically it would make more sense if it were effective against demons, plus with the name of the racial and all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I mean it’s all true as well.
    No not really, ally fanboi is mad he didn't get the better elves.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    No not really, ally fanboi is mad he didn't get the better elves.
    i mean did you play suamar? they were arrogant selfish mana addicts who betrayed the other night elf's and put them self's in a safety bubble.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    +10 skill seems like nothing, but an orange lasting 10 levels longer means that you can transition into something easier to level that much easier.
    Maybe I'm missing something, but as I know, a recipe changes colour by skill level, not by amount of made. So e.g. a pair of boots turns to yellow from orange at 750 skill level, whether you have the +10 skill or not. You just reach the max/required skill +10 skill points "earlier" than others.

So my statement about it's only benefical at the start of an expansion still stands, because cutting edge players will need the best items as soon as possible and someone with +10 skill levels can put these items in the AH +10 skill levels earlier than others. However a few weeks after the expansion starts, your advantage is lost for the rest of the expansion, because others also reach those certain skill levels at their professions and the supply increases on the market over time, thus the prices go lower. You can ride that horse only once per expansion.

I also know about blacksmithing in Legion, and it was more like a bug, a design flaw, which was fixed later. You should never need a +10 skill level racial to even be able to level your profession further, while others stuck, because of a bug.

Deleted
    Why would man'ari Eredars join in the horde, when they have a leader and their own people in alliance?

Even void elves (I actually dislike that race) has more sense to join in alliance (because Alleria and hight elves) than Eredars in the horde.
    Last edited by mmoc8dbfc1017b; 2017-11-28 at 09:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonol View Post
    Maybe I'm missing something, but as I know, a recipe changes colour by skill level, not by amount of made. So e.g. a pair of boots turns to yellow from orange at 750 skill level, whether you have the +10 skill or not. You just reach the max/required skill +10 skill points "earlier" than others.

So my statement about it's only benefical at the start of an expansion still stands, because cutting edge players will need the best items as soon as possible and someone with +10 skill levels can put these items in the AH +10 skill levels earlier than others. However a few weeks after the expansion starts, your advantage is lost for the rest of the expansion, because others also reach those certain skill levels at their professions and the supply increases on the market over time, thus the prices go lower. You can ride that horse only once per expansion.

I also know about blacksmithing in Legion, and it was more like a bug, a design flaw, which was fixed later. You should never need a +10 skill level racial to even be able to level your profession further, while others stuck, because of a bug.
    Let me explain this in a way that makes sense.

Let's say that, for instance, the only item to progress from 790 to 800 is a yellow recipe that costs massive endgame materials to make an item that doesn't sell very well. However, there is an item from 780-790 that is fairly cheap and yellow (and goes green at 790).

If you have +10 skill, that fairly cheap item from 780-790 will be yellow from 790-800 (and probably orange from 780 to 790, to boot). So you save yourself thousands of gold because one of your cheaper recipes lasts 10 skill levels longer.

If you are confused how this works, just make a blood elf, take it to level 5, and try out enchanting. The initial recipes (such as minor health) that require 1 strange dust normally go yellow at 70 skill and green at 90 skill. But on a blood elf, they will go yellow at 80 skill and green at 100 skill. This means your super cheap 1x strange dust recipes last 10 levels longer.

In short, you are missing something. Test it out yourself and you'll see. And don't feel bad, a lot of people don't know this. Hell, I didn't know this either once upon a time, and when I found out, I was very impressed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drone92 View Post
    Why would man'ari Eredars join in the horde, when they have a leader and their own people in alliance?

Even void elves (I actually dislike that race) has more sense to join in alliance (because Alleria and hight elves) than Eredars in the horde.
    Why would Eredar join anyone? Why would anyone let them join them? They are demons and need to be exterminated, they have no place in the universe and are probably on the run from everyone, if not outright wiped out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post

Why would Eredar join anyone? Why would anyone let them join them? They are demons and need to be exterminated, they have no place in the universe and are probably on the run from everyone, if not outright wiped out.
    Could say the same about orcs, but remember this: