Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Its a 0-100% tentacle slider. On 50% or more your character speaks in japanese.
    Just the right race for me then!

Quote Originally Posted by ForTheLegion View Post
    Check the interview by Jessie Cox with Ion Hazzikostas during Blizzcon while playing the BfA demo. Ion said that High Elves are almost non existent because majority became Blood Elves: youtu.be/DkdTS_8Y61Q?t=17m59s

Blizzard can always came up with or retcon something.
    I agree with this from a gameplay and lore perspective. The majority of a race would live in its actual home city too. Also, would go with their city decision to join the horde.

Deleted
    Void fucks should be looking as Voidy as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaskaleh View Post
    Void fucks should be looking as Voidy as possible.
    They should look like Alleria after she got smothered in void in Seat of The Triumvirate dungeon. That is awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    They should look like Alleria after she got smothered in void in Seat of The Triumvirate dungeon. That is awesome.
    It takes too many details away to be permanent but I'm pretty sure it'll works decently as toggle-at-will form.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    I meant in their non-combat form. Sickly skin, mutations and shit like that. Make them look like some Chaos reject from Warhammer.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaskaleh View Post
    I meant in their non-combat form. Sickly skin, mutations and shit like that. Make them look like some Chaos reject from Warhammer.
    We all wish.

Crack elves aren't the elves the Alliance want, Crack Elves are the elves the Alliance deserves.

I made a few more takes on void elf skins. Going both for exotic and normal-ish. The first to the left is the original one, the others are mine. I particularly like the third and fifth ones.

To me, the Blizzard one is the weakest. Very little contrast between color tones, feels dead. Even my versions of the blue skins (2nd and 4th ones) feel better, at least to me.
    Whatever...

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    2nd one makes them looks like smurfs.

10+ Year Old Account
    And the fifth one makes them look too much like Blood Elves and negates the entire void theme. If you want a pale skin, think pale orc or krokul eredar who are void touched.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    And the fifth one makes them look too much like Blood Elves and negates the entire void theme. If you want a pale skin, think pale orc or krokul eredar who are void touched.
    I'd love to get the 3rd and 4th ones, but I'm sure there'll be at least one skin closer to "normal" like the 5th one. Maybe it will have a bigger contrast between the "pale flesh" in the brighter parts and deep purple in the darker ones (so the purple is more noticiable), but it will still be somewhat normal-ish.
    Last edited by DeicideUH; 2017-11-27 at 01:54 PM.
    Whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by AshenWings View Post
    They could have given us Lightforged Elves, part of the Sons of Lothar that had joined the Army of the Light, and I think most of the HE fans would have been happy. They could be tall, with metal plates, floating naaru marks, other weird attributes on the BE model.

I really hope they give golden eyes to the blood elves as a feature of personalization. Lady Liadrin has golden eyes in HS

that would really be great, they could call them beloredorei (this name exists in the lore) and with it prop up the enmity with the void elves

That look reminds me of Galadriel when she uses her powers in the LotR movies.
    Whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by Fyersing View Post
    The literary value is too good to pass up. Then again, Christie Golden is probably writing this stuff now, so we should expect all the depth of a Seasame Street episode.
    Well, she writes good prose, but the details are still being handed down from on high, and that includes dumb shit like having to try and fix Jaina's moral compass in the books every time the in-game cutscenes make her an unlikable shrew, which is often. The problem is that the Warcraft team doesn't deserve her, which, ironically, is the reason they had to bring her on full time to begin with. What little writing talent Blizzard had went over to Overwatch, and now the jesters are ruling the kingdom. Kosak and Afrasiabi make Golden look like a potara fusion of Orwell and Hemmingway by comparison.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Deleted
    All this is very nice, but I find it funny that you never considered the simplest of ideas. Rename blood elves thalassians and make them neutral like the pandaren, you level them through an experience that's set during the time of Kael'thas' trek through the Outlands. You fight forest trolls, Scourge remnants, the rise of the wretched and so on, at the end you're presented with a new way to survive, siphoning life essence from living creatures, essentially creating fel. You then choose yes or no. Yes, you're belf and Horde, no, you're helf and Alliance. Then you replace the blood elves with a new Horde race for balance, and presto you got high elf and blood elf without changing any lore up till now. I mean you do make a significant time skip from the end of the initial leveling experience till the current time in lore, but eh that's liveable.

Of course, like you OP I don't expect Blizzard to change their plans in the slightest, but this, to me, seems to be the simplest and best solution, even bring to lore that exposure to the Light and Arcane powers of the Sunwell has now cleansed the fel from the system of elves who don't readily use it, and add more diverse eye colours.

The only issue is finding a Horde race to replace belves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobthecrop View Post
    All this is very nice, but I find it funny that you never considered the simplest of ideas. Rename blood elves thalassians and make them neutral like the pandaren, you level them through an experience that's set during the time of Kael'thas' trek through the Outlands. You fight forest trolls, Scourge remnants, the rise of the wretched and so on, at the end you're presented with a new way to survive, siphoning life essence from living creatures, essentially creating fel. You then choose yes or no. Yes, you're belf and Horde, no, you're helf and Alliance. Then you replace the blood elves with a new Horde race for balance, and presto you got high elf and blood elf without changing any lore up till now. I mean you do make a significant time skip from the end of the initial leveling experience till the current time in lore, but eh that's liveable.

Of course, like you OP I don't expect Blizzard to change their plans in the slightest, but this, to me, seems to be the simplest and best solution, even bring to lore that exposure to the Light and Arcane powers of the Sunwell has now cleansed the fel from the system of elves who don't readily use it, and add more diverse eye colours.

The only issue is finding a Horde race to replace belves.
    He never considered it because it will never happen. Its just a shitty fanfiction of delusional alliance players.

Quote Originally Posted by Halfdrop View Post
    It would be ridiculous if Void Elves had the ability to use Blood Elf skin tones/appearance but not the other way around. That would make an Alliance race strictly better than a Horde race in terms of customization. That's not fair at all.
    Currently known Void elf skin tones already look extremely close to what blood elf DKs can choose. It's only "fair" if void elves get one "normal" skin tone. Void elves getting atleast one "human" skin tone has already been confirmed to those with connections. My 100% legit blizzard source have given me top secret in game cinematic clips that reveal how the Void elves came into existance and joined the Alliance. The void elf seen in the clips has a "normal" skin tone. Here is the proof.

In this video we clearly have a Void elf. The first scene is the void elf harnessing void magic. The next scene is negotiations with Silvermoon. Then we see the void elf encounter two filthy horde pandaren. And finally we see the void elf completely master the whispers from the void and join the glorious Alliance.

In all seriousness. i don't see a problem with Void elves getting one "normal" skin tone. Void elves in full gear will already look exactly like blood elves. Although i don't care whether void elves are blood elves or high elves in orgin, alot of people do care. Although people claim the Void elves have no lore, they have the same lore as blood elves + void lore. So they have MORE lore than the blood elves. Never cared too much about the elves of wow. I just wanted a void themed race(Ethereals being #1, void krokul #2) on the alliance side. After reading more in depth about blood elves and high elves i found a possible alternative backstory to the current blood elf traitors turned void elves(although the current blood elf backstory does have benefits).

Blood elf backstory: It has many many downsides for those who want playable loyal Alliance high elves. Those people already have made their points clear. But for someone like me it has no downsides at all. It is infact an advantage for the Alliance. Having actual blood elves who lived in Silvermoon for many years join the Alliance will give the Alliance incredibly valuable intel on Silvermoon's magical defenses and city layout. In addition, since these are blood elves, alliance basically steals a decent amount of them from the horde. All this is useful in a time of war.

High elf backstory : A quick backstory i made up. "Alleria's return to Azeroth causes all the remaining high elves to rally under her and journey to Silvermoon to reunite with their brethren. The high elves are forbidden from entering and made to wait outside. Alleria is given the chance to explain to the leaders of Silvermoon. She asks them to allow the high elves back into Silvermoon. They tell her they will accept her plea only if they swear loyalty to the Horde. Instead, Alleria attempts to get the blood elves to join the Alliance. The blood elves laugh at her suggestion and tell her to leave and never return. Alleria begins to fall into despair and hopelessness at the realization that she and the other high elves will never be welcomed in Silvermoon. Negative emotions overcome Alleria as she explains what just happened to the remaining high elves. She faulters for an instant and accidentally bathes the high elves in a powerful wave of void energy. She manages to regain control but it's too late. The all the high elves have become permanently transformed into void elves. Alleria takes responsibility for her mistake and vows to train these new void elves to control their new powers."
    Last edited by Tripzzz; 2017-11-28 at 03:14 PM.
    "Father, is it over? I see only darkness before me."

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Taking away those who were already exiled doesn’t make the blood elves any weaker, nor does it matter if they know about Silvermoons defensives when they aren’t the grand Magister.

I know the president has launch codes, if was a traitor that doesn’t make the launch codes any more available.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Emo elves is what ally fanboys got after whining crying and bitching since tbc
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.