Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    There's a lot of generalisation in that post there buddy, I personally would call myself a right-wing libertarian and voted conservative this year, I definitely do not think limiting anyone's rights is a good thing - nor do most people, left or right.
    But we have the right wing that is trying to ban a religion they don't like, trying to ban gay marriage, trying to outright ban transgenders from identifying with the sex they think they are, trying to legislate away a woman's right to choose. What right is the left trying to take away? None. I wasn't generalizing, I am posting outright facts here.

in western country youth is low thoose who own the power are the majority 50/60 tears old. so that's doesn't
    matter

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    There are things you don't have control over... you don't get to choose if you get cancer. You don;t get to choose if you develop Alzheimer's.

This is not a choice of what she can do with HER body...
    Yeah, it is. Not just my opinion but the law of your land.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    Well you know what they say about being young and dumb.
    Pffffahahahaha!

So when they were voting conservative it was the wave of the future, and when you find out they're actually still voting Democrat, they're "young and dumb". Classic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Holy shit! The Blairites are not right wingers, they are centre left.

Labour are a left wing party covering from the far left (Corbynites) to centre left (Blairites), so the left wing of the Labour Party are the Corbynites and the right wing are the Blairites, both groups are left wingers.
    So if you're in a left wing party, but you're centrists, that would make you from the perspective of that party...

Oh yeah.

So it's not politics you're ignorant of but rather left from right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    I wonder if these people are just excited that the kids are calling theirself conservatives despite their views running completely opposite to that in reality. Unless the survey is being misrepresented, its basically just the survey takers self labeling theirself.
    It's because kids like counter-culture. I mean, i still do even if deep down i only give a hoot about video games.

So what's the cutoff for millennials? I've heard that term encompass just about anything so this talk about generation z is at best mystifying.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

Quote Originally Posted by taliey View Post
    So what's the cutoff for millennials? I've heard that term encompass just about anything so this talk about generation z is at best mystifying.
    Generally 1976 to 1996, with some ranges extending to 2001.

I've seen Generation Z dates all the way back to 1993, so there's a lot of overlap with Millennials (or more likely, the people making these up are pulling random dates out of the butts).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    So if you're in a left wing party, but you're centrists, that would make you from the perspective of that party...
    Still left wingers.

You said the comment I made was repeating the “fringe right wing”, but it came from Blairites who are neither fringe nor right wing. You were flat out wrong, but rather than concede that you’ve decided to compound your error.

So it's not politics you're ignorant of but rather left from right?
    You embarrassed yourself, you are flailing around now.

Us liberals will have a lot to thank Trump for in the decades to come it seems. Not only will the backlash against him be perfectly timed for the much more important 2020 election, which determines who is in charge for the next round of re-districting and the appointments of several supreme court justices, he will also have made sure to correct the path for a generation of young people just getting politically aware and whose hearts and minds are still open who were set to move into the conservative fold, but who due to the contemporary conservative movement being defined by Trump and his authoritarian would-be-strongman display of incompetence and bigotry, and the far-right elements and conspiracy theorists he continuesly assosciates himself with, will be sure to be put off by what they see as the conservative movement. Thanks Trump!

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    It's because kids like counter-culture. I mean, i still do even if deep down i only give a hoot about video games.
    Despite what some have said, conservatism and counterculture are intrinsically incompatible. I mean, how exactly can you reconcile raging against the machine with "if the machine ain't broke, don't fix it"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    Despite what some have said, conservatism and counterculture are intrinsically incompatible. I mean, how exactly can you reconcile raging against the machine with "if the machine ain't broke, don't fix it"?
    The only possibility is that they don't care about the message, and "vote" for the group that makes "the man" angry.

Basically, people who don't really care about Trump and don't benefit from any of his politics but support him because he makes "the SJWs angry." Better known as "cutting off the nose to spite the face."
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Still left wingers.
    Frankly, debateable.

You said the comment I made was repeating the “fringe right wing”, but it came from Blairites who are neither fringe nor right wing. You were flat out wrong, but rather than concede that you’ve decided to compound your error.
    So perhaps you can point me to the Blairites specifically calling out their factional enemies for "re-enacting the early years of the Russian Communist revolution" as you put it?

10+ Year Old Account
    My kids are generation Z, and while I do not believe they are leaning more conservative or any of the bullshit about hating gay marriage or weed.

What I do believe is that most of Generation Zs parents were born in the 70s or early 80s. They see millennials teaching their children. They interview them for entry level jobs. We see how they act on Social media.

Under no circumstances will me as a parent of Gen Z allow my children to grow up to be like them.

I think that is the change that will come. Sure it is possible they will be more conservative than their millennial predecessors, however I would not go so far as to say my 13 year old is growing up to hate gays etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Why Democrats Should Be Losing Sleep Over Generation Z

There has been much talk about the Millennial generation being entitled, lazy, and narcissistic. And while Millennials like myself were busy fending off the harsh criticisms and stereotypes constantly flung at our generation, a whole new demographic was slowly emerging from the shadows. Hello, Generation Z! The fiscally responsible, tattoo hating, Republican leaning group, touted by conservatives as their best hope for the future, and as the antithesis of Millennials.

According to research, Gen Z is more individualistic, more conservative both socially and fiscally, and they’re already making waves of impact on our political system. Gen Z, those born in 1995 or later, is possibly the most conservative generation since World War II, and it is worrying that their impact has been completely overlooked during this election.

Oftentimes Millennials have been criticized for being notoriously liberal, but it looks like the generation right behind us has completely rebelled. A U.K. Study at The Gild did a survey of almost 2,000 adults and found that on issues like gay marriage, marijuana legalization, transgender rights, and even tattoos, 59% of Gen Z respondents described their views as ‘conservative’ and ‘moderate’.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/ashleys.../#c50df7878c4a

Interesting article. There is still hope for a strong Western world after all?
    The bolded sentence is why there IS no hope for the Western world. What is SUPPOSED to happen is that left and right take turns leading the country, with each side countering the worst parts of the other and then moving things in their own direction. But the intensity of your hatred for the left short circuits that process, and basically destroys any chances of the Western world continuing to advance.

YOU are the enemy of the West, and your attitude is exactly what is destroying it. You and countless others have repeated the mantra that you are willing to destroy the West since this annoys the left. You will get half of your wish. You will destroy the West. And the left will continue trying to make the world a better place despite your attempts to destroy every last bit of goodness in it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Frankly, debateable.

So perhaps you can point me to the Blairites specifically calling out their factional enemies for "re-enacting the early years of the Russian Communist revolution" as you put it?
    The complaints of a far left purge come from Haringey.

Deleted
    I remember the first time that study rolled around, and other conservatives frothed at the mouth that they finally was going to have a generation of their own. Oddly enough, we actually thought the same about millennials, they were smart and savvy, and cared about their careers and wanted to break out from the generational game of work, and yet here we are loathing them at every point because they wont vote for us (which they actually do in quite a large share, but you know, gotta make neat little people boxes that we can hate).

The complaints of a far left purge come from Haringey.
    You keep trying to shift the goalposts. Here's what I said:

And your connection to the Stalinist purges are comical.
    Not the word "purge", specifically raising the spectre of the Russian Communist revolution.

Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    I'm a conservative Generation Z, please tell me where I can find my fellow comrades because literally everyone I know is a Europe loving, Corbyn-licking, virtue signalling ass hat.

I have faith in gen Z, to put the millennials in check.

People use to argue about taxes, spending, education, conservatives Use to believe in giving every individual more liberty and against increasing government overeach,,

Now people argue with whether genocide is okay, and its considered just another difference of opinion

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    People use to argue about taxes, spending, education, conservatives Use to believe in giving every individual more liberty and against increasing government overeach,,

Now people argue with whether genocide is okay, and its considered just another difference of opinion
    Be more specific please.