Shiva, nooooooooooooo!

Is the bearded dude driving off with the machine guns related to Jesus? Looks similar... or maybe it's just a bearded thing.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2017-11-14 at 05:52 PM.

I found this episode to be a lot better than the previous 3 where the group finally faces a couple of defeats. And there was finally a lot more zombie action. There's still some dumb shit happening like unlimited amount of bullets when they continously shoot the car where Carol is hiding (and the issue of lacking bullets actually comes up for once), Daryls plot armor of avoiding bullets from a machine gun..... the same machine gun that left huge bullet holes and blew peoples arms off. I wonder if Negan has some human cloning machine somewhere in his base, otherwise I have no idea how he can manage that many Saviours while still holding a lot of remaining numbers. There are like.... 300 Saviours killed by now? Does he still even have the numbers left to survive a full attack from Ricks group? If numbers become an issue I expect Negan to approach the Scavengers again to help him out, who we haven't seen yet for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    Maybe he'll return in 7 seasons.

On the subject of Morales returning, and Rick's distaste of Darryl killing people he sorta promised not to kill, I think they might be setting up Rick trying to create a more civil society. I thought they would kill off Negan, but maybe they will jail him like they do in the comics. <-- Comic spoiler.
    Well, I mean, Negan plays a pretty big part during and after the whisperer war, so it would be pretty irresponsible to off him just because that's what the people who ONLY watch the show want or something

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Saw the latest episode. Wasnt as boring as the previous but that car chase scene with the machine gun was ridiculous.

Their action set pieces are so obvious and look more like stunt rehearsal. Im waiting for Daryl's stunt double to pop up on the motorbike with a crappy beard or something and a dude with a headpiece telling the extras to get out of the shot.
    Yeah haha, Rick suddenly took lessons from Paul Walker and thought he was in 2 Fast 2 Furious and somehow became immune to the machine gun. All the action scenes are either soo farfetched or full of stupid decisions that get people killed, it's getting beyond a joke at this point. Not to mention Carol sprays about 4-5 bullets and then says "COME ON, AMMO IS LOW!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Dumb people doing dumb things as always. Wasn't a great episode, just irritating.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Dumb people doing dumb things as always. Wasn't a great episode, just irritating.
    If you are talking about last nights episode, yes. It was so bad I finally just had to turn it off. I'll finish the last 15 mins or so today but if it's anything like the first 45.

It wont be worth the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    If you are talking about last nights episode, yes. It was so bad I finally just had to turn it off. I'll finish the last 15 mins or so today but if it's anything like the first 45.

It wont be worth the time.
    Yeah, last nights, I hadn't hated the previous ones, but this was full of filler and stupid. The first 10 minutes was entirely skippable. Maybe 10 minutes of content in the whole show worth watching.

Ratings for the show have dipped down to its lowest point in 5 years. Back to season 2 levels. They sure are doing something right this season

I was watching the latest episode and I suddenly realised. I don't care any more. I don't care about any of the characters, or what happens to them. They can pretty much kill anyone they like off at this point, and I just won't blink.

They have killed this show off pretty much. Not sure what they can do to rescue it at this point. Such a shame. Ever since they started the whole Negan arc it has just been a dive downwards. Stupid plots, ridiculous actions by the characters. When it isn't nonsense, it's filler.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

After 5 episode of this season I just have to ask... when is something actually going to happen? All I remember is these pointless gun fights, characters surviving under the most stupid circumstances, no actual character growth, overall bad writing. And worst of all only very little zombie action. I don't mind the latest episode as much because I love seeing the POV from the bad guys, but even then they somehow managed to turn it into a snorefest with pointless conversations (Gregory at the beginning and later Gabriel) and Negan mysteriously surviving despite being overwhelmed with walkers. It felt like this show has barely progressed this season at all. I'm still watching new episodes at least once to see how it eventually ends, but there's little excitement left for me which is the case with the latest ratings aswell.

I doubt that this show can get back to my liking. I liked the first 2 seasons because there was still a lot of zombie action, characters had very little plot armor (Daryl and Carol were not fan favorites yet), and the show managed to be somewhat surprising with its twists in events. Maybe I should pick up Fear The Walking Dead by which I heard is the better show with its latest season.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    I was watching the latest episode and I suddenly realised. I don't care any more. I don't care about any of the characters, or what happens to them. They can pretty much kill anyone they like off at this point, and I just won't blink.

They have killed this show off pretty much. Not sure what they can do to rescue it at this point. Such a shame. Ever since they started the whole Negan arc it has just been a dive downwards. Stupid plots, ridiculous actions by the characters. When it isn't nonsense, it's filler.
    Carol is the only person I would actually care about, maybe Daryl but otherwise, nope, couldn't care less.

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to look forward to monday's to watch The Walking Dead, but the last 2 seasons not so much.
    I can't even be bothered to watch for more as 10 minutes and I just turn it off. All the above mentioned concerns and critique are 100% on point and I'll just do the same as with other series: watch it all in 1 long go after the season is over. Seems less painful to do.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a great show if you have a multi screen set up , you don't really have to bother watching most of it.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Carol is the only person I would actually care about, maybe Daryl but otherwise, nope, couldn't care less.
    Karl, Mashone, Rosita... all three characters when they had their ´danger´ moments I was hoping they would finally kill off. Tara also.

The actors and characters are just so one dimensional and shallow that you always know what you are going to get.

I do think this is the best season since the Gov died, but that is not saying much. I just think at this point they have too many characters that are not developed and so you can´t care about them. also obviously too much unrealistic gunfire.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    Karl, Mashone, Rosita... all three characters when they had their ´danger´ moments I was hoping they would finally kill off. Tara also.

The actors and characters are just so one dimensional and shallow that you always know what you are going to get.

I do think this is the best season since the Gov died, but that is not saying much. I just think at this point they have too many characters that are not developed and so you can´t care about them. also obviously too much unrealistic gunfire.
    Yeah, I get you, I think actively killing off some off them might refresh things a bit.

The gun fire this season has been laughable, but it has been at least a 5/10 overall.

Carl, Michone and Daryl need to die IMO.

Is Daryl still a massive draw ? I feel that he hasnt done anything remotely interesting since beth died.

Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    Is Daryl still a massive draw ? I feel that he hasnt done anything remotely interesting since beth died.
    What are you talking about. We got mopey Daryl for an entire season after the clown negan killed Glenn. Because it was totally Daryl who beat him to death with a bat so naturally he needs a season of being emo and that was oscar level acting

What are you talking about. We got mopey Daryl for an entire season after the clown negan killed Glenn. Because it was totally Daryl who beat him to death with a bat so naturally he needs a season of being emo and that was oscar level acting
    yeah, that is one of my biggest beefs with the writers.. they have no clue how to do anything with nuance. They throw it in your face, then again, then again.. and so it makes the characters look stupid.

The season 6 ending was pretty much my last straw. Could never get back in to it after that. Feel like the show only exists as a means to nuke us with massive amounts of commercials.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah Daryl last season was laaaame. This season he's Rambo or something, the other extreme.