Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    the same with alleria and light draenei
    Same with highmountain and taurens. See, draenei going draenei and tauren going taurens is something that makes kinda sense. Elves whos being given to some elves but not all elves is something else entirely.

And just to say this, AotL and we are joined forces against one enemy. The other 2 would be done as a race if we weren't there. The LF Draenei have been in that war for millennias.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wel at least Blizzard have been consistent with the Night Elf stubbornness that they always come across as. At least that alone carried over from Wc3. Remember Tyrande's reaction to humans joining forces with them for the battle at Mount Hyjal.. :P

That woman is like way too proud :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajidehak View Post
    It is not about being proud. She doesn't easily trust others. This is her character. At first she is cautious and shows distrust until it is proven otherwise then she becomes soft and compassion toward them. She admitted at Hyjal that she misjudged the outlanders and later helped Kael'thas who were part of the Alliance at that time.

If you read the history of the feral druid artifact weapon (I think the saber name was Ashamane) you see that the saber ancient was very different form the others. She was cautious even to Freya who gave the saber the power to become a powerful ancient and Freya could understand it and was happy about it. Night Elves are pretty much like the night sabers, at least the Warcraft 3 Night Elves. They both use stealth abilities such as Prowl and shadowmeld and ambush their enemies. Same with their distrustful behaviors.
    I play a Mage, so yea I did not know. But thanks for the heads up
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Maybe Lady Liadrin just sucks a mean dick? Sylgrin and her have been hanging out with each other the whole expansion.
    Fanart tells me Yrel is more her type.

Quote Originally Posted by EternalBany View Post
    these races make no sense
    nightborne into the horde means the horde could magic nuke entire maps out of orbit, their knowledge of the arcane is ancient and powerful, alliance would have had no chance..
    Nightborne are discount Shen'dralar.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Let's not forget they lost their main power source recently.

5+ Year Old Account
    So... There's several reasons for the Shal'dorei to choose the Horde.

The first is that the Horde has been more accepting and positive to them while the Alliance has been more closed off and negative toward them. It's a "Small" thing, but it's important.

The second is that the Sin'dorei represent Shal'dorei interests more accurately. Yes, the Druids of the Emerald Enclave (Technically a Neutral Group) saved the Shal'dorei from the crippling Mana Addiction they had been facing. But the Sin'dorei are arcane magic users, have their own Sunwell, and are more interested, and engaging, on topics of arcane power. 10,000 years of arcane study does not evaporate just because someone wearing leaves stopped manaddiction.

The third is that there's going to be a story which more fully explains why the Shal'dorei choose the Horde, one which the Alliance will take some part in.

I'm half expecting it to be the theft of Arcandor fruit used to save the Void Elves leading to the Shal'dorei to cut off all contact with the Alliance for their invasion and cruelty, since the Shal'dorei aren't -all- cured, yet (The tree only produces so many fruit per day after all) and the theft means that some people who are dying or undergoing extreme withdrawal will have to wait longer.
    Last edited by Steampunkette; 2017-11-30 at 05:43 PM.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Let's not forget they lost their main power source recently.

in fact the nightwell is dying slowly, at this moment it still exists

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    So... There's several good reasons for the Shal'dorei to choose the Horde.

The first is that the Horde has been more accepting and positive to them while the Alliance has been more closed off and negative toward them. It's a "Small" thing, but it's important.

The second is that the Sin'dorei represent Shal'dorei interests more accurately. Yes, the Druids of the Emerald Enclave (Technically a Neutral Group) saved the Shal'dorei from the crippling Mana Addiction they had been facing. But the Sin'dorei are arcane magic users, have their own Sunwell, and are more interested, and engaging, on topics of arcane power. 10,000 years of arcane study does not evaporate just because someone wearing leaves stopped manaddiction.

The third is that there's going to be a story which more fully explains why the Shal'dorei choose the Horde, one which the Alliance will take some part in.

I'm half expecting it to be the theft of Arcandor fruit used to save the Void Elves leading to the Shal'dorei to cut off all contact with the Alliance for their invasion and cruelty, since the Shal'dorei aren't -all- cured, yet (The tree only produces so many fruit per day after all) and the theft means that some people who are dying or undergoing extreme withdrawal will have to wait longer.
    All of these are dumb.

The first is not important, because only a toddler or someone operating from an outside context could think it's a good idea to join one side of a world war because someone said something nice and someone else was annoyed at her people dying for your sake.

The Shen'dralar are arcane magic users and also Night Elves. They are nearly identical to the Nightborne. The Sunwell is a font of holy magic, so it means absolutely nothing to the Nightborne. The Blood Elves have moved away from the arcane and more towards the Light in recent years, and they are a tiny fraction compared to the combined arcane forces of the Alliance (Silver Covenant, the mages of the Kirin tor, the Shen'dralar, the Draenei, Gnomes and Dwarves.

And "There could maybe, eventually be a better reason" is not a reason.

Joining either side of a massive conflict you know nothing about, when you know very little about either side and who they are made up of, while you are trying to rebuild your own society and recover from 10,000 years of isolated mana addiction is stupid.

All of these are dumb.

The first is not important, because only a toddler or someone operating from an outside context could think it's a good idea to join one side of a world war because someone said something nice and someone else was annoyed at her people dying for your sake.

The Shen'dralar are arcane magic users and also Night Elves. They are nearly identical to the Nightborne. The Sunwell is a font of holy magic, so it means absolutely nothing to the Nightborne. The Blood Elves have moved away from the arcane and more towards the Light in recent years, and they are a tiny fraction compared to the combined arcane forces of the Alliance (Silver Covenant, the mages of the Kirin tor, the Shen'dralar, the Draenei, Gnomes and Dwarves.

And "There could maybe, eventually be a better reason" is not a reason.

Joining either side of a massive conflict you know nothing about, when you know very little about either side and who they are made up of, while you are trying to rebuild your own society and recover from 10,000 years of isolated mana addiction is stupid.
    the sunwell is arcane and light. not just light.

the shendralar have done next to nothing in the 10k years but barely survive by feeding off a demon. their magical expertise is likely only comparable to the blood elves at most, and their society is a hovel compared to the blood elves'.

first impressions last the longest, tyrande's asshole nature and outright saying she wants to use the civilians as meatshields were the first impression. have a leader that's not a piece of crap next time.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post

the shendralar have done next to nothing in the 10k years but barely survive by feeding off a demon. their magical expertise is likely only comparable to the blood elves at most, and their society is a hovel compared to the blood elves'.

first impressions last the longest, tyrande's asshole nature and outright saying she wants to use the civilians as meatshields were the first impression. have a leader that's not a piece of crap next time.
    It's just light. If you're basing that claim on the wiki, it's wrong--you can even go check the two cited sources yourself, both just talk about the Blood Knights drawing Holy magic from it. The voice over intro for Blood Elves post-Cata also specifically says that it was "reignited into a font of holy energy".

The Shen'dralar are the most powerful and knowledgeable mages of the Highborne, the ones personally entrusted with Azshara's most important projects. Even with just that knowledge they are easily better than both the Nightborne and Blood Elves.

First impressions are Tyrande accepting Thalyssra's resolve and pledging her forces to fight and die at the Nightfallen's side. Please stop pretending this isn't what happened for your dumb "Tyrande is evil" narrative. Wanting the people your forces are dying to protect to be able to fight for themselves is obvious and Thalyssra isn't retarded so I assume she can understand such basic logic and knows she is imposing by having the Alliance and Horde fight her war.

Now tell me how well first impressions are going to go when the Nightborne meet a woman who left her own soldiers to be stuck eternally in Helheim because her new best friend the evil watcher wanted them as playthings, and who has no qualms raising the dead as temporary slaves, killing people who will not bend to her will and frequently deploying horrific biological weapons. Tell me about the first impression that is going to be made when the Nightborne are hanging around half-naked savages willing to slaughter other members of the Horde if you yell "glory" enough times.

Tell me how the Nightborne are going to feel when, after that conversation with Liadrin, Silgryn does the obvious and says "tell me more about the Horde", and Liadrin has to explain that they and the Horde have been lead astray by leaders and higher ups who've gone evil, not once, not twice, but three times and are currently working under someone questionable.

Because I've gotta say, my first reaction upon hearing about Kael, the Wrathgate, and Garrosh, and then hearing about Sylvanas now being the one in charge because a troll said voices in his head told him it was a good idea as he was dying from fel-poison... is probably not going to be "yeah, these guys seem like they've got it all worked out, I think I'll have my people join this group that's about to wage a massive war against a more powerful opponent that is consistently lead by people who don't go evil."

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post

All of this, plus the Alliance are going to be doing something to alienate them in-storyline, according to the Dev team.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

All of this, plus the Alliance are going to be doing something to alienate them in-storyline, according to the Dev team.
    And it will almost certainly be just as dumb is the blood elf intro quests, where "The Night Elves are spying on us because they think our use of magic is reckless and dangerous" and the Forsaken sending a handful of soldiers north to help Silvermoon were somehow justification for the entire city to decide it was a good idea to join the Horde. Which then turned around and completely bit them in the ass and got a bunch of them killed, but they continued to stick it out because reasons.

lmao that should be a new quote!
    and it is so true.

It's just light. If you're basing that claim on the wiki, it's wrong--you can even go check the two cited sources yourself, both just talk about the Blood Knights drawing Holy magic from it. The voice over intro for Blood Elves post-Cata also specifically says that it was "reignited into a font of holy energy".
    Yeah no it is both. If you don't like the wiki there is still the official blizzard site left.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/game/races/blood-elf

In the wake of Kil’jaeden’s defeat, the draenei prophet Velen purified the Sunwell with the Light-infused heart of a fallen naaru, transforming the fount into a source of both holy and arcane energies.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Yeah no it is both. If you don't like the wiki there is still the official blizzard site left.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/game/races/blood-elf

In the wake of Kil’jaeden’s defeat, the draenei prophet Velen purified the Sunwell with the Light-infused heart of a fallen naaru, transforming the fount into a source of both holy and arcane energies.
    This is at odds with the in-game cutscene, and the only group mentioned along with the Sunwell post SWP are the knights pulling holy magic from it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Undiplomatic, though. It's little surprise they feel more welcome among the Blood Elves.
    They hid from the Legion when Azeroth was in danger and abandoned their own people, then sold out to the Legion without a fight, Night Elves helped fight for them despite all the betrayal, and basically it was Night Elven item that helped cure their hunger...

Just another betrayal in a line of betrayals from the Nightborne...I guess it's more than just a Human trait to find the truth offensive.

This is at odds with the in-game cutscene, and the only group mentioned along with the Sunwell post SWP are the knights pulling holy magic from it.
    It does not matter if it contradicted ingame. It is stated the sunwell is both arcane and holy power and that is it unless they change it. The blood knights aren't the only ones drawing power from it, every last blood/high elf does.

Not to mention the sunwell is build on a ley line nexus.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2017-11-30 at 07:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    To be fair Garithos pulled a Garrosh, and Tyrande has always been a dick but goddammit someone teach these stuck-up nelves some diplomacy...

Also "Garithos" and "Garrosh", both starting with "Gar" and they even rhime somewhat...
    Does that mean Tyr is also a dick?

Kudos if Blizzard has the balls to do that.