Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

I miss playing a ret paladin :(

I miss playing ret paladin. Every time I see a ret I automatically wish I was back to playing my Pre legion ret .

I hate what they did to the spec. They removed our spells. Removed hammer of wrath, removed exorcism. I've been playing ret from BC to legion, always loved it to the point where I currently have 3 paladins but legion ret is just awful. I am not talking dps wise or anything. The playstyle is just bad. It feels like a warrior but with a holy taint on it. I hate the window style dps where I have to rely on the window to do good damage.

./vent

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    the moment I realised that Ret was now a shittier Arms warrior. Was the moment I hung up the Main i had played since Vanilla.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you get into beta you should submit feedback to Blizzard. I know they're not going to do sweeping changes but things could be shuffled around a bit more so we don't have that warrior C&P feeling.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do really miss WoD Ret...heck one of the few things if not only thing I really miss from WoD.

10+ Year Old Account
    I miss the giant final verdict hammer. That "WHOOOSH SHNK" sound felt awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

Deleted
    give back ranged ret

i have good news for you, but i dont know if this helps you: what you said could be said about 6-9 other classes (around 25-30 specs), depending on who you ask.

this will not really help you, but at least you know you are not alone.

i am reaaaally not that sure, if this ppl here are happy instead:

- combat/outlaw rogues
    - survival hunters
    - shadow priests
    - MM hunters
    - BM hunters
    - fire mages
    - arcane mages
    - BM monks
    - disc priests

just to name a few.

WoD and Legion - class wise - had should never happened imo. that game get fucked hard by stuff happened in the last 2 xpacs, class wise. when i remember myself in MoP or before, ... hell get that game fucked after that.

but hey, instead you get some cool QoL changes for your class
    Last edited by Niwes; 2017-12-04 at 05:32 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TS26 View Post
    I miss playing ret paladin. Every time I see a ret I automatically wish I was back to playing my Pre legion ret .

I hate what they did to the spec. They removed our spells. Removed hammer of wrath, removed exorcism. I've been playing ret from BC to legion, always loved it to the point where I currently have 3 paladins but legion ret is just awful. I am not talking dps wise or anything. The playstyle is just bad. It feels like a warrior but with a holy taint on it. I hate the window style dps where I have to rely on the window to do good damage.

./vent
    Hasn't been good since wrath. Holy power combo points killed it for me.

Sorry lad ur mains dead, take my advice and find a new one and move on because it can really eat you up for years, I've spent every year since cata floating from class to class without a home

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sett View Post
    If you get into beta you should submit feedback to Blizzard. I know they're not going to do sweeping changes but things could be shuffled around a bit more so we don't have that warrior C&P feeling.
    Pointless tbh. Me and several others put in feedback in legion alpha about warriors and focused rage and ignore pain being terrible game play and they still made it the spec to be as arms and hi T the exact issue we said they would having so much defence tied to 1 ability with prot.

I Sware class designers are a bit like artist's they take criticism badly and seem to double down befor considering reversing

Played a paladin from TBC to now, Cata and Legion Ret was the best bro

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tripconn View Post
    Hasn't been good since wrath. Holy power combo points killed it for me.

Sorry lad ur mains dead, take my advice and find a new one and move on because it can really eat you up for years, I've spent every year since cata floating from class to class without a home

- - - Updated - - -

Pointless tbh. Me and several others put in feedback in legion alpha about warriors and focused rage and ignore pain being terrible game play and they still made it the spec to be as arms and hi T the exact issue we said they would having so much defence tied to 1 ability with prot.

I Sware class designers are a bit like artist's they take criticism badly and seem to double down befor considering reversing
    I know but sadly all we can do really. That and take it to twitter to address some issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Deleted
    Played a ret paladin since vanilla (yes it was rocky times).

I think the current iteration is the best one up to date; albeit i'm very anxious about what's going to happen to it in BfA...
    We will get to choose between Crusade and Wake of Ashes...

This means either:
    - a decent paced play-style overall, with nothing exciting happening when we hit our AW
    OR
    - a slow and clunky play-style, which turns into an enjoyable ride once we hit the Crusade button

Not a fan of the idea what-so-ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad they did away with holy power for prot and holy, cause those specs feel pretty good(compared to Cata-WoD versions imo). Ret's window of opportunity with judgement feels...ehh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Remember when Ret used to be its own spec instead of a lame warrior knockoff?

I was always more leaning towards holy paladin but I have always like ret as well. That was until Holy Power combo points were introduced, then I rarely played ret - with the exception in WoD where we've had many healers in our guild so I went dps. In Legion I absolutely avoid playing ret - it's terrible. That is why I main DH now - it at least feels different than other classes.
    S.H.

10+ Year Old Account
    It feels like a mix between rogue and arms warrior, taking the worst parts of both. It was fine in Cata, I absolutely adored it then (and to this day I can't really place why), but afterwards I just found myself missing how it was in Wrath. Sure it was basic and some people found it boring, but I loved it. Roguedin isn't my thing. Which is why I haven't mained ret since 5.0. I really wanted to go back to it, but I could never main it in Legion. It always just felt so awful unless I had wings up and that was not a playstyle I could really get into.
    Hey

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    I think the current iteration is the best one up to date
    So, you enjoy being a wheelchair bound melee?

If they would just fix our god awful mobility I could maybe, maybe be near agreeing with you, but this ain't good right now... I would very, very definitely rather play MoP/WoD Ret instead of what we have now, hell, I'd even take late Cata Ret, because at least we weren't slugs and we still had all our spells...

I also don't like colossus Judgment and the lack of Hammer of Wrath...
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2017-12-04 at 07:29 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    Played a ret paladin since vanilla (yes it was rocky times).

I think the current iteration is the best one up to date; albeit i'm very anxious about what's going to happen to it in BfA...
    We will get to choose between Crusade and Wake of Ashes...

This means either:
    - a decent paced play-style overall, with nothing exciting happening when we hit our AW
    OR
    - a slow and clunky play-style, which turns into an enjoyable ride once we hit the Crusade button

Not a fan of the idea what-so-ever.
    The BFA demo builds weren't even close to being what we'll be seeing. They removed the least used talent and added the artifact weapon simply so people at blizzcon could have the choice to use it. There is no way that those will hit live like that, too many classes will go from good to crap because their artifact ability needs to be a baseline ability.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doranian123 View Post
    Played a paladin from TBC to now, Cata and Legion Ret was the best bro
    What? Which build of cata because it was a hot mess for every single patch and iteration.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanthoris View Post
    The BFA demo builds weren't even close to being what we'll be seeing. They removed the least used talent and added the artifact weapon simply so people at blizzcon could have the choice to use it. There is no way that those will hit live like that, too many classes will go from good to crap because their artifact ability needs to be a baseline ability.

- - - Updated - - -

What? Which build of cata because it was a hot mess for every single patch and iteration.
    He called it and Legion the best lol...obviously no taste lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    "His opinion differs from mine so he OBVIOUSLY has no taste. Oh, almost forgot: lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    Yup... as it comes from someone with a DB-S avatar i'll take that as a compliment.

Otherwise; yes, i like the following:
    - crusade and how it adds more tension and speed for 1/4 of the time
    - judgement and how punishing it is to just hit random buttons; albeit i'm not that much of a fan of what that means for target-switching dps
    - finally being a melee class as intended

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    So, you enjoy being a wheelchair bound melee?

If they would just fix our god awful mobility I could maybe, maybe be near agreeing with you, but this ain't good right now... I would very, very definitely rather play MoP/WoD Ret instead of what we have now, hell, I'd even take late Cata Ret, because at least we weren't slugs and we still had all our spells...

I also don't like colossus Judgment and the lack of Hammer of Wrath...
    I don't mind the movement speed... really. It makes missteps more punishing and the split-second you decide which direction you will be running into more impactfull.

"I dislike how they gave us 1 warrior ability and took another one (execute; without the downside of needing a pool of rage to start firing)... "
    Last edited by mmocda667d9fcc; 2017-12-04 at 07:44 AM.