Page 1 of 10
... LastLast
    Deleted

Should WoWProgress be a bannable addon?

I didn't know about this addon until a few days ago.

I have been playing M+ here and there, usually with friends and too high keystones knowing that we may not actually not be able to complete the dungeon but who cares it was for fun.

Now I have tried to get in more serious with M+ dungeons and it turns out I am not accepted in 99% of the teams because of my low wow progress points.

This is dumb as hell. I got 8 bosses down in Mythic ToS, of course I am a skilled player. This basically closes the M+ door for me.

I want Blizz to take such Addon down and ensue bans to those who have used it.

Mythic+ score is a completely stupid addon that shows no degree of skill. Since a lot of the time people just choose to do easier dungeons and avoid the annoying ones.

That said - what you said is equally stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by yolock View Post

10+ Year Old Account
    Their group their rules.
    You want people banned because they choose not to accept you into groups, that's just silly.

I bet you got mad when you didn't get to sit with the "cool kids" at the lunch table in high school.

Deleted
    M+ score is the new gearscore system sadly

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arr0gance View Post
    I bet you got mad when you didn't get to sit with the "cool kids" at the lunch table in high school.
    Projecting much?
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

I didn't know about this addon until a few days ago.

I have been playing M+ here and there, usually with friends and too high keystones knowing that we may not actually not be able to complete the dungeon but who cares it was for fun.

Now I have tried to get in more serious with M+ dungeons and it turns out I am not accepted in 99% of the teams because of my low wow progress points.

This is dumb as hell. I got 8 bosses down in Mythic ToS, of course I am a skilled player. This basically closes the M+ door for me.

hurray because bitching is better than getting good in this game!!

I think so. It promotes elitism and toxicity.

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    Bad players trying to do content way above their capability promote elitism and toxicity.
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Nobody is stopping you to play Elemental casually during questing or raiding #1000 with your disabled mage friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Mlz View Post
    Bad players trying to do content way above their capability promote elitism and toxicity.
    This is the raw truth

So you mean inexperienced players should never get the chance to learn and improve ever? Says a lot about your personality really.

So you mean inexperienced players should never get the chance to learn and improve ever? Says a lot about your personality really.
    feel free to practice in +10s, then +11s, then +12s, then +13s and then +14s before expecting to be instantly invited to every single +15 group in the lfg tool

your practice will also improve your score, so outside of people being lazy fucks in general its pretty much a mythic+ win win?

Though I agree the addon is hardly a good way at all to measure someones capabilities in a M+ Run. I have the addon. I have a fairly low score. I didn't care at all about doing a lot of M+ so I just did the same 2-3 dungeons each week for my +10/15 whatever was needed at the time. I'm not going to complain but I find it rather dumb that most groups will deny me for a +10 now for the weekly saying my Raider.io score is too low. Granted this also just reset and I only did 1 dungeon this week (+15 HoV in a quick pug.) so I have a top 1000 in the US for it but my score is too low to do a +10.

Deleted
    You're absolutely right! Lets let 15 year olds play football with Man United. Or no, better yet, lets allow someone who has never played tennis to play in the grand slam. This will absolutely NOT promote toxicity and elitism!

On a more serious note, its not about bad players trying to do content above their capability, its players doing content WAY out of their gear/skill capability. Bottom line is, there comes a point where raw skill cant kill you the boss in time. Naturally, if im running a +15, I wont take a 890 with me, but hey, just my two cents.

Nah, but people are trying to skip everything inbetween and instantly do the hardest content because it offers the best gear. People have like 930+ gear now and they think it automatically entitles them to join groups that reward better gear just because they have reached the point where they cannot get anymore useful gear from their worldquest farming. They don't want to do +6 or +9, they instantly try to skip up to 15+. Another reason why TF and vendor-gear that offers high ilvls should get fucked.
    Last edited by Mlz; 2017-12-05 at 12:56 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Nobody is stopping you to play Elemental casually during questing or raiding #1000 with your disabled mage friends.

This basically closes the M+ door for me.

Have you considered leveling up your own key to a high level?

We wanted to run a +10 this week to get the higher ilvl item from the class hall chest. We tried joining other people's +10s but kept getting declined because we weren't ranged, score not high enough, etc.

We got a good group through group finder together for our own +7 and did it fast enough to get a +3 upgrade so it was a +10 key after. We then took the key and hopped into group finder again and then were picky about who to put in for the +10. We were also upfront about our intentions, staying even if we went over the timer, etc.

Worked out well and we finished the +10.

If you can't join someone elses key, just slog through it with your own. You get keys for free by doing any regular mythic dungeon. If you finish those dungeons fast enough with a good group the key gets upgrade between +1 and +3. You can start your own groups through the group finder and fill positions with whoever you like. Usually on our lower mythic+ runs I'll toss in 1-2 people that are just at the cap since we are well-geared. Usually because people blast through dungeons I'll lower ilvl requirements for the healer say taking an ilvl 865 healer on a +3 to +5 dungeon run.

Anyways, point is don't shy away from just running your own keys and groups. It's easier than you think.

Also, if you're solo and you get lucky with a desirable key at +10 or above you can usually find carry groups that are high ilvl willing to carry you through the entire dungeon for their own purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    I find it rather dumb that most groups will deny me for a +10 now for the weekly saying my Raider.io score is too low.
    as does everyone else who recognises how irrelevant mythic+ score is for doing +10 dungeons at this point in the expansion, but certain types of people in lfg have always been retarded and always will be retarded, so whats new

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think toxicity means what you think it does unless that was sarcasm.
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Deleted
    Actually, I was too busy replying to a comment, I ended up not giving my own opinion (I know, opinions on the internet...scary)

As someone already mentioned this is GearScore 2.0 There are other ways to get in with for example an achievement (Way back when, achievements counted more than gear score). Nowadays, If you have keystone master I doubt most people wouldn't take you, unless you are grossly under geared.

Should it be bannable? No. Should it be removed? No.

tl:dr Level your own key, get a guild to play with or if none of those work, grind M+ or make your own guild/group

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    Mythic+ score is a completely stupid addon that shows no degree of skill. Since a lot of the time people just choose to do easier dungeons and avoid the annoying ones.
    Well it's not like they DON'T have a point, some parts are more than annoying... *cough* Tyrannical Herja *cough*