Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I think it’s a good way to assess who does a lot of mythic+ and who doesn’t.

Let’s say I’m someone that farms mythic+ keys 15 and above, id obviously want people in my group who do the same shit. The addon would allow me to filter through people who don’t do as much as I do and grab people who do.

That’s not actually me though. I never spammed mythic+ I just did the 10/15s whenever it was needed and sometimes did extra. My score is 1.1k, kinda low, but I’ve never really had problems getting into groups at all, even 15s.

Just today I had someone ask me questions about boss mechanics to make sure I knew what I was doing. I thought that was awesome. He asked because my score is on the lower end but he still allowed me to show I knew what I was doing. So we 2 chested our 14 key and everything was all g. For this week I’ve done 2 14s and one or two 15s. Had no issue finding groups.

Overall though, I don’t use the addon in game but I do sometimes use WP to check my own score when I’m trying to improve it as well as check out my group mates when I’m in a high key group. I think WP/I.O are both fine, they let people filter out those who they don’t want a lot easier.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2017-12-05 at 01:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mlz View Post
    Nah, but people are trying to skip everything inbetween and instantly do the hardest content because it offers the best gear. People have like 930+ gear now and they think it automatically entitles them to join groups that reward better gear just because they have reached the point where they cannot get anymore useful gear from their worldquest farming. They don't want to do +6 or +9, they instantly try to skip up to 15+. Another reason why TF and vendor-gear that offers high ilvls should get fucked.
    Yeh but the thing with this addon is that it will exclude those players from even medium level keys, as obviously everyone with the addon will be reallly judgmental and seek to get the best of the lot available.

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    So you mean inexperienced players should never get the chance to learn and improve ever? Says a lot about your personality really.
    There's 15 levels (now). Baddies can stick to the +5-+10 range.

They don't need to do a +15

Field Marshal
    5+ Year Old Account
    It doesnt, Run some of your own keys, get each dungeon done at level 10-15. and then your score will be high enough to work into higher M+. M+ Scores help determine who has experience in most if not all dungeons. Experience is much more important in M+ than personal skill, because 90% of abilities one shot you at 20+

7+ Year Old Account
    People regularly bitch and complain about the game no longer being social. And then you have posts like this where the solution is simple: be more social, start your own group, play with people at your level and rise up together.

Easier to bitch and complain though.

Um...

My understanding is that you increase your score by progressing through M+, and the addon is used to avoid the type of player coming from world quests into M+ and gunning straight for +15 because they want the shiniest loot?

If you wanna qualify, progress your keys and show that you're doing M+ regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Um...

My understanding is that you increase your score by progressing through M+, and the addon is used to avoid the type of player coming from world quests into M+ and gunning straight for +15 because they want the shiniest loot?

If you wanna qualify, progress your keys and show that you're doing M+ regularly.
    lol coming from world quests?

no even 9/9 mythic raiders cannot find groups if they haven't cleared every key on like +17 to get 2.2k m+ score.

literally all u gotta do is clear every dungeon +17 even if it takes 5 hours a dungeon you'll get 2.2k m+ score now you can join any group!

This seems to be an issue with people believing themselves to belong in a mythic bracket and being unwilling to accept that they may belong in a different one. At the end of the day it doesn't matter what level of content you think you belong in, if its someone else group and key it's just tough ol titties they can set whatever absurd requirements they want. (Not to say it doesn't annoy me but this cycle has been happening since Wrath, its not new and people will just find a new litmus test if this one gets shitcanned.)

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post

no even 9/9 mythic raiders cannot find groups if they haven't cleared every key on like +17 to get 2.2k m+ score.

literally all u gotta do is clear every dungeon +17 even if it takes 5 hours a dungeon you'll get 2.2k m+ score now you can join any group!

well if you are a 9/9 mythic raider chances are you've done some of the m+ shit.. and if you're not well i think you can find some of the ppl that you've been doing mythic to clear some of the m+ shit

the problem is that with how gearing system works in wow right now you can get pretty good gear by doing absolutely nothing.. so cause of that what happens is someone who didnt do anything related to raiding or m+ but already has a pretty good ilvl trying to join a m+ group.. BUT because his ilvl is relatively high hes not going for +1 cause he doesnt want that shit.. it would not give him any upgrades most likely.. so hes searching for 10+ cuz he could get a highest ilvl for weekly chest for it aswell(now its +15 afaik).. and that is why hes getting declined.. ppl dont want to teach other ppl how to play the game
    Last edited by Craaazyyy; 2017-12-05 at 01:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Um...

Well. I don't know how exactly the addon works. But the websites say that my higest ever key done is a 12. We did a 13 the second week m+ was released. We did the achievment for a 15 key when EN was the shizzle. We now quickly clear a 15 key per week for the weekly and the AP. Always 3 chesting 15 keys. Yet, wowprogress tells the world that ive only done a 12 key and i would be declined to every run ever. Even tho we speed clear 15s without issue. Luckily for me, i only play with my friends and avoid the toxic trash that is most pug players

Welp, every type of content has its way to weed out players and qualifying to join. This happens to be the M+ community, and if Blizzard bans the addon, they'll find a new way to be selective with whom they bring.

Quote Originally Posted by yolock View Post
    I didn't know about this addon until a few days ago.

I have been playing M+ here and there, usually with friends and too high keystones knowing that we may not actually not be able to complete the dungeon but who cares it was for fun.

Now I have tried to get in more serious with M+ dungeons and it turns out I am not accepted in 99% of the teams because of my low wow progress points.

This is dumb as hell. I got 8 bosses down in Mythic ToS, of course I am a skilled player. This basically closes the M+ door for me.

I want Blizz to take such Addon down and ensue bans to those who have used it.
    Poor litle old you, not getting picked. *sad face*

Whoever creates the group is free to come up with any requirement they decide upon, as whacky as they might get. Just make your own groups, or you know, group up with more of those 8 mythic bosses down raider guildies of yours. Unless they don't want to invite you aswell for whatever reason?

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    Yeh but the thing with this addon is that it will exclude those players from even medium level keys, as obviously everyone with the addon will be reallly judgmental and seek to get the best of the lot available.
    And there is nothing wrong with that. Why should someone have to settle if they don't want to? That's how players continue to get better.

The only thing is that it doesn't seem to keep up to date.
    Last edited by Scornedfury; 2017-12-05 at 01:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    well if you are a 9/9 mythic raider chances are you've done some of the m+ shit.. and if you're not well i think you can find some of the ppl that you've been doing mythic to clear some of the m+ shit
    yeh say you do but you only do like the 4 simplest and fastest dungeons, whelp shit son you got like 800 m+ score you're fucking trash declined.

yeh say you do but you only do like the 4 simplest and fastest dungeons, whelp shit son you got like 800 m+ score you're fucking trash declined.
    again nothing was stopping you from doing them b4.. like its just that guys fault.. this shit is basically like applying to a guild.. its like you want them to still accept you and invite you to the guild even tho you dont match any of the rules they've set

cause this thing isnt like requesting curve a week into new raid tier..

and i've been in that situation multiple times b4, but i knew it was my problem, not theirs.. you just have to find people that are willing to do such things with you.. so you spent some time doing shit you needed to join that other group and now you use the benefits
    Last edited by Craaazyyy; 2017-12-05 at 01:34 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes.... it's the most stupid idiotic annoying most retarded shit ever. Totally agree with you. Doesn't say shit about how good you are as a player.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    I think it’s a good way to assess who does a lot of mythic+ and who doesn’t.

Let’s say I’m someone that farms mythic+ keys 15 and above, id obviously want people in my group who do the same shit.
    This is wrong. Promote people who like to TEACH. I see someone with this attitude and they get the boot I don't care how good they are. Teach or get lost.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Everyone gets to choose who they group and don't group with, no matter what their reason is. If you don't like it you can up your skills to get in their groups.

Obviously banning it is a dumb idea, but addons like this shouldn't become the norm of group finder.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's the reason i only do Mythics with friends. When i don't want to do mythics for a while the score is fucked... so what? That's like if back in BC someone wouldn't let me join a heroic while geared in full t6
    Druid since Feb. 06