Poll: Will you get a Authenticator key for only 4 additional bag slots?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    They didn't have to give you squat and yet they did, and getting the free mobile authenticator set up took me 2 minutes. If this causes you grief, man the fuck up.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's this destructive bullshit argument that if security measure is not 100% secure then better to use nothing. That's terrible advice and line of thought.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Only a silly person would claim this is blackmail.
    Its rather good business by ensuring everyone has an auth they would have no cases of hacked accounts anymore and would have to spent zero times on recovering accounts.

Everyone is able to do so.
    Wrong. Its called a BONUS. you get an auth and you get a pet and 4 slot bags.

And wow is dying anything else?

- - - Updated - - -

After that logic you should stay away with your pc from the internet....

- - - Updated - - -

surely not worrying about my wow account...
    If you wouldn't be a lazy ignorant brat as you are, you would read all my conversations about the same points that you quoted here, and bashing me arrogantly and running circles again would absolutely not necessary. There are others who already understood my reasons.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2017-12-05 at 08:06 PM. Reason: Received Infraction

I have the authenticator since years, so 4 new backpack slots are a nice bonus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonol View Post
    There are others who already understood my reasons.
    I am sure there are in your head.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    You should think before speak. Understanding and agreeing/disagreeing is not the same thing. You and that other kid are still in the process to understand. Later, you will be able to decide if you agree or not. And at that point you will achieve a level of intelligence where you will also have your reasons, not just random spitting of words.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Those were 8 links out of dozens and dozens from one search string.

https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/10118802414
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/9363116537 this one several people in the comments mention having a similar problem close in time to that one
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...acked_even_if/
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/9485069154
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/6893699362
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/9363006724

Also, btw, I never said authenticator itself was possible to hack. I said I know people with them who have been hacked. I don't know how it happened, just that it happened.

Also seems like there was a big thing for both WoW and D3 players

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/9281268998

One of the mvps posted about it in there:
    "Most of these when looked at, we find the affected player did not actually have an Authenticator attached at the time of compromise despite what they claim. Some folks remove it themselves, or never had one to begin with. We have also seen some cases where hackers submit a ticket using a fake ID to get it removed from the account. To do that, they need a LOT of info that they can only get with malware on the PC or an elaborate phishing scheme (or if the player buys gold/items from shady sites and gives them the info)."

Notice they said "most". Not "all". Not that they're an official source, but ... are you really trying to say that authenticators - or anything at all really - are 100% secure ? I mean, I'm not even arguing they're not, but it seems like that's what you're saying, which is a pretty bold claim. I don't think even Blizzard would say "they're 100% secure".

So, assuming you concede they're not 100% secure - you admit it's possible to get through them, yet you call bullshit at the idea it happened (which, again, I'm not saying is how they got hacked - just that they got hacked).
    Your first post implied that authenticators aren't secure. Yes you can get past them, but it requires the same information you need to steal someones ID. So by proxy if you say authenticators aren't secure would be the same as saying that your bank isn't secure because people can get their bank accounts hacked.

Authenticators protect you from hackers that have your acc+pass that they most likely got from a phishing site or by hacking a site you use the same email and pass on. It does not protect you from hackers that are capable of stealing your identity, almost nothing can protect you from that, certainly not something a game company can protect you from.

If you get successfully hacked when you have an authenticator enabled then your battle.net account is the least of your worries.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adamzz View Post
    Your first post implied that authenticators aren't secure. Yes you can get past them, but it requires the same information you need to steal someones ID. So by proxy if you say authenticators aren't secure would be the same as saying that your bank isn't secure because people can get their bank accounts hacked.

Authenticators protect you from hackers that have your acc+pass that they most likely got from a phishing site or by hacking a site you use the same email and pass on. It does not protect you from hackers that are capable of stealing your identity, almost nothing can protect you from that, certainly not something a game company can protect you from.

If you get successfully hacked when you have an authenticator enabled then your battle.net account is the least of your worries.
    So basically, use common sense and you are safe. If someone is lazy and irresponsible, then the authenticator is not an extra, it's a necessity.

Deleted
    So to get 4 bag slots in some video game, I would have to buy authenticator or buy smartphone? I don't know, but that sounds weird. Why would they do this? Why not just add it like every other update? I think they are up to something!

Quote Originally Posted by White Goodman View Post
    I would have to buy authenticator or buy smartphone?
    You can install an application on your PC.

They created an incentive to use 2FA as it decreases the load on their support.

Deleted
    Never been hacked and have been playing actively since early vanilla. Then again, i work in IT and take some basic precautions to avoid such a thing.

I will however get the authenticator for the bagslots. Damn bags are always full, no matter how many you seem to get

Was hoping for 8 slots. 4 slots will make my bag uneven :l

I have a physical authenticator. The PTR doesn't seem to think I do, since it won't give the 4 slots.

Deleted
    If you wouldn't be a lazy ignorant brat as you are
    Calling others stupid because you are to young and to ignorant to understand how two factor security is an extra layer of security makes YOU look extremly silly.

Amen to that.

You should think before speak.
    Same goes for you before you write something.
    But there is still hope you do that when you grow up.

You and that other kid are still in the process to understand. Later, you will be able to decide if you agree or not. And at that point you will achieve a level of intelligence where you will also have your reasons, not just random spitting of words.
    PS: calling other people KID lets everybody know what you are

- - - Updated - - -

So basically, use common sense and you are safe.
    Right cause there is no such thing as malware through malicious adds.
    If you have no clue about something dont try to brute force yourself into the conversation by making yourself look silly

So basically, use common sense and you are safe. If someone is lazy and irresponsible, then the authenticator is not an extra, it's a necessity.
    Pretty much yes, but you can still fuck up your security so much that not even an authenticator can save you.

Random bullshit posts from derps do not count as "proven".

If memory serves me right blue even confirmed at some point that people spamming that bullshit failed derp check by either attaching authenticator after they already been cleaned out or being otherwise dishonest about the whole thing.
    This crying about authenticators and how they don't work is people trying to disprove vaccines. Yeah they work 99% of the time, but see that 1%? That means they don't work. If people refuse to use one and something bad happens it is their fault. If people do use them and they fail, I would venture to guess they have security issues on your phone ans well as their PC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, it's good to see the majority already have an authenticator..the 4 additional slots are very welcome by the way, I didn't even know that!

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    You can install an application on your PC.

They created an incentive to use 2FA as it decreases the load on their support.
    IB4 someone tries to claim Blizzard is cheapening on support.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    I have a physical authenticator. The PTR doesn't seem to think I do, since it won't give the 4 slots.
    Would be a good time to send an email to Blizzard support or post on their PTR forums to let them know this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    no it never has and never will.
    yeah right.

2012 https://www.cinemablend.com/games/Bl...ked-42909.html

2014 http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/01/...authenticators