Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    These addons acts like a wall to block off shitters getting into dungeon keys that are way above their skill level, if u only done an 11, and trying to apply to an 16, u gon get declined, if thats too hurtful for ur feelings, then make ur own group.

Reason for addons like this exist is that the majority of players are G A R B A G E, and u cant always tell that from just looking at their gear.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    These addons acts like a wall to block off shitters getting into dungeon keys that are way above their skill level, if u only done an 11, and trying to apply to an 16, u gon get declined, if thats too hurtful for ur feelings, then make ur own group.

Reason for addons like this exist is that the majority of players are G A R B A G E, and u cant always tell that from just looking at their gear.
    But on the other hand, some players are good just don't have time, or have been on hiatus's. So they cannot farm M+ to build their score

Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    It's not a right to look up people's accounts. It's no different than saying you have a right to know which one of your friends is online and they don't have a right to appear offline
    presumably you think the armory should also be removed then? since its not fair to look up people's characters without their express permission?

Quote Originally Posted by MayhemPenguin View Post
    But on the other hand, some players are good just don't have time, or have been on hiatus's. So they cannot farm M+ to build their score
    Too bad? If they really don't have the ~2 hours time it takes to build up and complete a 15 key in an ENTIRE week, then maybe they need to fork out that gold for a carry, or realise that the mmo genre just isn't for them anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    So you can't pretend to do a +16 if you've never done a +16 ? Sounds fine

Quote Originally Posted by Mlz View Post
    Bad players trying to do content way above their capability promote elitism and toxicity.
    +1 10chars <3

Ban the add on , not those who use it.

It's a toxic generating piece of scummery, but at the end of the day you can't blame people for wanting an easier life.

Personally I don't use it as I think the above of it.

At the same time, I don't object if people are pushing 17-18-19 keys and want to use it to get the right people for that. But Im seeing groups doing +5 and wanting 2k score (assuming thats a lot) and it's frankly ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorbocles View Post
    Too bad? If they really don't have the ~2 hours time it takes to build up and complete a 15 key in an ENTIRE week, then maybe they need to fork out that gold for a carry, or realise that the mmo genre just isn't for them anymore.
    Honestly I don't know what the addon looks for when determining your score, OP just made it sound like it required multiple M+ runs(he had 8 on a single boss and still had a low score)
    I think this whole xpac I only have like 10-12 full 15+ runs only because I take a hiatus after I clear the raid tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Reminds so much of Gearscore.

"You need X Gs to do Icc normal."

Ok where do i get this gs...ICC NORMAL?
    Last edited by Darktbs; 2017-12-05 at 03:02 PM.

i'll take my chances with people with established record, than people that claim to be gods at wow that was just afk for a few months. If they truly are, they can work their way up there easily.

I have never played with a "good player who is missing records just because of being afk" in a pug though.

God forbid you have to socialize to play this game. It would be so bad if you had to find friends of similar skill level to you, and you had to progress your way through your own stone and actually work for it!!

Quote Originally Posted by david0925 View Post
    i'll take my chances with people with established record, than people that claim to be gods at wow that was just afk for a few months. If they truly are, they can work their way up there easily.

I have never played with a "good player who is missing records just because of being afk" in a pug though.
    I mean I like to think I am a good player, but only because I do my research even while on hiatus, been playing forever so when I take a few months off when I come back, I know what to look for. But then again I am not enough to base it on, I understand the idea of the addon.

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    Though I agree the addon is hardly a good way at all to measure someones capabilities in a M+ Run. I have the addon. I have a fairly low score. I didn't care at all about doing a lot of M+ so I just did the same 2-3 dungeons each week for my +10/15 whatever was needed at the time. I'm not going to complain but I find it rather dumb that most groups will deny me for a +10 now for the weekly saying my Raider.io score is too low. Granted this also just reset and I only did 1 dungeon this week (+15 HoV in a quick pug.) so I have a top 1000 in the US for it but my score is too low to do a +10.
    People ask for stupid shit all the time. My favorite was being asked to link KSM for a plus 4 this summer when I was queueing with a 930 item level.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

I mean I like to think I am a good player, but only because I do my research even while on hiatus, been playing forever so when I take a few months off when I come back, I know what to look for. But then again I am not enough to base it on, I understand the idea of the addon.
    And I respect that. If you are good, you can always start out lower and push your way up. In fact websites like these actually keep the records of you doing 11-14s, as opposed to needing to just look at achievements and know whether you did a 10 and 15 in time, but not sure about things in between

People against usage of vetting tools are afraid of being hurt by them, and what's the biggest population being hurt by them? Ilvl padding people that got lucky with titanforging that haven't done any hard keys trying to apply for one

My friend and I put up a m15 this week and we got spammed by 30-40 applications within 2 minutes. We looked up all the 940 ones and only 4 of them has even done a 13 or higher. Without wowrpogress/raiderio I will have to randomly pick 3 of them. With them I can get rid of 35 of them pretty fast, which is a win in my book.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caprix View Post
    This, but there must be another twist somewhere. I did a +15 this WE, it shows on raider.io but not wowprogress . Maybe the run was in the ladder for a very brief period of time, one crawler got it and not the later, who knows.
    On the other hand i did a crappy (had to solo half of hymdal as tank lol)+5 LATER (other dungeon) and it shows up in both.

This metric is so unreliable for low-mid keys.
    I think you are right about the crawler (you can add it to queue on raider.io to get it sooner), and in your +5 you might have teamed up with a person from a low pop server.

If you really want some score just do a seat, you can always get points in that one - Nevermind, I am just on a shitty realm.
    Last edited by JohnRoads; 2017-12-05 at 03:18 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    If u wanna do a 16, but only done a 11, then work urway up 1 or 2lvls at a time, if u had 30ppl apply to ur 16+ MoS run, 10ppl have done an 16 on time, 10 have done 13 on time, 10ppl done an 11, guess whos not gon be picked.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by david0925 View Post
    And I respect that. If you are good, you can always start out lower and push your way up. In fact websites like these actually keep the records of you doing 11-14s, as opposed to needing to just look at achievements and know whether you did a 10 and 15 in time, but not sure about things in between

People against usage of vetting tools are afraid of being hurt by them, and what's the biggest population being hurt by them? Ilvl padding people that got lucky with titanforging that haven't done any hard keys trying to apply for one

My friend and I put up a m15 this week and we got spammed by 30-40 applications within 2 minutes. We looked up all the 940 ones and only 4 of them has even done a 13 or higher. Without wowrpogress/raiderio I will have to randomly pick 3 of them. With them I can get rid of 35 of them pretty fast, which is a win in my book.
    Wow I was surprised you didn't go the 'well if you don't play how can you be good route'.
    I may have to give this addon a try because I hate setting up a m15 with my friends(they are hardcore pvpers and hate doing pve content for the reason of pugs) I need them to get my m15 done (I dont have a guild or any friends who pve) so when I get my 2 pugs they are shit and makes pve look even worse so next week its even harder to convince them xD

There's no way to ban such an addon.

If you find a way to ban it (you won't, but even if you could), all that will happen is that players will create an alternative measurement system.

It's just a non-starter.

Wow I was surprised you didn't go the 'well if you don't play how can you be good route'.
    I may have to give this addon a try because I hate setting up a m15 with my friends(they are hardcore pvpers and hate doing pve content for the reason of pugs) I need them to get my m15 done (I dont have a guild or any friends who pve) so when I get my 2 pugs they are shit and makes pve look even worse so next week its even harder to convince them xD
    I don't think there's anything wrong with that mentality either.

One thing that a lot of people need to get over is that most players simply aren't interested in doing a learning run with randoms that they may never play with again in the future. So If I want to find pugs to do a 15. I'm there to complete a 15 with minimal pain, not teach people that have not done a 15 or something closer to a 15 how to play (yesterday I had to deal with a ret that did zero interrupt and 500k dps throughout an entire Nelth 15 because the leader didn't properly vet or he was using pugs to sell his key. Thank god it was an easy affix week).

People had an issue with gearscore or ilvl or whatever but it's the same train of thought: if I want to steamroll through content, I want people that have completed that content already. If you want to pug a learning group, find or make a learning group.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnRoads View Post
    I think you are right about the crawler (you can add it to queue on raider.io to get it sooner), and in your +5 you might have teamed up with a person from a low pop server.
    Yeah that must be it, the +15 i did with guildies on our high pop server, +5 was a pug. I didn't think a +5 could still be in blizz lader late in the WE lol.